Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Why go for Kreuzer? Old and wouldn’t make our first team. We don’t need another tall forward that can pinch hit in the ruck. We need a ruck and some inside mids.
I'd say Kreuzer is more a first ruck than a forward.

I think we'd use Kreuzer as the main ruckman, with Nank as the backup. Gives us more opportunity to win the tap

clark1980

Senior List
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
don't know if we need to trade much at all, have plenty of development to come from our youngsters. have inside mids with ross and Pickett, but both are injured, also collier-dawkins who still needs time to mature. just see if we can offload and trade some of our 20-26th listed players and keep on bringing youth in. if we didn't have the injury list, our 2's would be stacked full of talent.

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
I'd say Kreuzer is more a first ruck than a forward.

I think we'd use Kreuzer as the main ruckman, with Nank as the backup. Gives us more opportunity to win the tap
I can't see us using Lynch, Riewoldt, Kreuzer and Nank all in the same team.

It's a bit of a waste having Lynch as a permanent forward and not rotating through the ruck, because Nank can definitely go forward.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
And more options...Nanks at CHF resting...
You don't rest at CHF, you run your ******* guts out. That's one reason ruckmen can't play there. The other is you have to be a really good footballer. Nank is not a CHF's a-hole. He's a ruckman or nothing. Ruckmen rest on the bench or in the forward pocket. They can't play CHF, not even Simon Madden could.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
You don't rest at CHF, you run your ******* guts out. That's one reason ruckmen can't play there. The other is you have to be a really good footballer. Nank is not a CHF's ********. He's a ruckman or nothing. Ruckmen rest on the bench or in the forward pocket. They can't play CHF, not even Simon Madden could.
Ease up Tiger i did post that with Krueser we have options in how to play Nanks...
And i disagree with your sharp dismissive assessment of Nanks at CHF...i reckon Nanks could play there and play well there...only have to see his bullocking work around stoppages/ball-ups, and when he's not knackered from rucking can take a good mark and is an accurate kick for goal!
They also use to say you don't rest your gun mids at FF, now as a competition we do...
They use to say a lot of things about footy tactics, but i think they got changed a little after 2017...

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think he will improve, don’t get me wrong, I am just concerned about the money we will be paying him when he’s north of 30 and we have most likely seen the best of him. Surely you can understand my skepticism when we’re paying a guy $1.5m at the twilight of his career. It’s a lot of cap space dedicated to someone who will probably be cooked. The same goes with Dusty.

I have no trouble with that point, it is always going to be the downside of trying to load your team with elite players when you think you are in the premiership race. The club appears to have borrowed from the future a bit to get Lynch in, so it could make things a little awkward in his last couple of years. I have no doubt they have thought through all the potential risks and rewards and decided it is the best strategy to get a big gun free agent in.

I suppose there are two questions about it. Is it the right strategy to lure a gun free agent with a lengthy and large contract? If you answer this in the affirmative, then was Lynch the right free agent to target? Now Lynch could struggle for unforeseeable reasons and it doesn't necessarily mean the decision making around his recruitment was wrong.

For what it is worth, I share your discomfort with putting too many eggs in one basket, but if you take that strategy as a given, then I think Lynch was a good player to get. Whether he turns out a success or failure doesn't change the quality of that decision which had to be made with foresight rather than with the benefit of hindsight.

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Really ?? Caldwell & Taylor would be a dream come true and Bonar with the right development could be anything
Bonar is gonna be a flop.

Had to go there

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s a lot of cap space dedicated to someone who will probably be cooked. The same goes with Dusty.

"will probably".... yeah....ok.

Or, due to the lack of preseason and regular training, he is still only going at 70%. Imagine the impact he will have from years 2-7 on his contract once he gets to full fitness and plays like he can play at full fitness.

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
This.

- Prestia just shanks it too often unfortunately.
- Caddy isn't a midfielder but we already know this.
- Higgins is suffering 2nd year blues which happens so often.
- Graham just doesn't win enough ball.
- Cotchin, love this man but his best just doesn't happen often enough over 4 quarters unfortunately.

Dusty needs support, experienced support. Can't pin our hopes on RCD and Ross. Need to invest our 1st round pick and Brando compo pick into ready made inside bulls.
You make too much sense.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Will Brodie Had a very good game against North with his team getting smashed , Wouldn't mind if we could get him for our 2nd rounder

29 poss
9 marks
9 tackles
1 goal
69% DE
10CP
82% Game Time
We did the right thing for GC last trade period, so they should the same. Brodie for a 3rd rounder!

How I see our trade/delisting period playing out.

Delist:

Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

Trade Table:

Bolton
Broad
Butler
Menadue

Free Agency:

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Ellis - let him walk for anything that nets us a pick between our first and second round pick, especially if the piss up in Mildura stories are true.

Houli - 1 year deal with a 1 year option based on games played in 2020

The Rest:

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie as I believe they rate him highly

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

McIntosh - 2-3 years would be a well earned reward

Naish - 2 years at minimum

Pickett - if he shows the same commitment that Stack showed when he arrived then keep him around.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right. I expect that he gets re-signed for 2 years.

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can. At the moment everything he says indicates he wants to stay and repay the faith the club showed in him.

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I have no trouble with that point, it is always going to be the downside of trying to load your team with elite players when you think you are in the premiership race. The club appears to have borrowed from the future a bit to get Lynch in, so it could make things a little awkward in his last couple of years. I have no doubt they have thought through all the potential risks and rewards and decided it is the best strategy to get a big gun free agent in.

I suppose there are two questions about it. Is it the right strategy to lure a gun free agent with a lengthy and large contract? If you answer this in the affirmative, then was Lynch the right free agent to target? Now Lynch could struggle for unforeseeable reasons and it doesn't necessarily mean the decision making around his recruitment was wrong.

For what it is worth, I share your discomfort with putting too many eggs in one basket, but if you take that strategy as a given, then I think Lynch was a good player to get. Whether he turns out a success or failure doesn't change the quality of that decision which had to be made with foresight rather than with the benefit of hindsight.
Agree everything is easy in hindsight i still reckon we made the right decision getting him we just had
To have a crack . I wont be pissed at the club if it fails were doing our best to get quility in to challenge again.

clark1980

Senior List
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I know I said earlier that we probably won't trade. but one I like the look of and not getting a go at the moment is constable from Geelong.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Arts and Towna are great warriors but I’d be delisting both at the end of the year. That’s maybe s bit harsh on Aarts who we haven’t seen at AFL level but too many small forwards on the list I’d much rather take a speculative pick on a young mid or a kpb.

Chol - if he plays AFL and shows something I’d keep him for another year because he’s continuing to improve, and despite his age, who knows what upside he still has.

Ellis- take the FA pick

Butts, Menadue, Markov- trade bait ( latter 2 worth little)

Bolton- an absolute keeper unless he wants out and a favourable trade can be worked out

Soldo - 50/50. Have to determine if there’s anything better out there in the state league’s as s back up ruckman

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
How I see our trade/delisting period playing out.

Delist:

Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

Trade Table:

Bolton
Broad
Butler
Menadue

Free Agency:

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Ellis - let him walk for anything that nets us a pick between our first and second round pick, especially if the piss up in Mildura stories are true.

Houli - 1 year deal with a 1 year option based on games played in 2020

The Rest:

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie as I believe they rate him highly

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

McIntosh - 2-3 years would be a well earned reward

Naish - 2 years at minimum

Pickett - if he shows the same commitment that Stack showed when he arrived then keep him around.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right. I expect that he gets re-signed for 2 years.

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can. At the moment everything he says indicates he wants to stay and repay the faith the club showed in him.
stacky is about 3y behind tim Kelly, right now he needs to play across HB not ready for midfield, spent an unobtrusive half their on Friday night , that's right most of you didn't even know, that's how unobtrusive it was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back