List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Too small.

We need bigger mids. Prestia, Lambert, Baker, Higgins, etc are all tiny.

It was like men vs boys vs Geelong and Dogs etc
Disagree.Most sides only "carry" one inside bull.
The exception is Melbourne.How good are they going even with a dominant ruckman in Gawn.
Quick smallish mids suits us at the G.

Riley plays full time midfield spending barely anytime forward unless following the play in. They are putting all development towards him being a big inside midfield bull.
That’s exactly how Jordy started out too, at least in the VFL. It will be interesting to follow his development.

Fair enough mate.You seem him more than i do,Just going on what Mathew lloyd(i think) said a few weeks back why he wasn't getting a game.
Fair enough. Lloyd is a peanut of the highest order though, the only club he ever gets reliable info about is Essendon.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair enough. Lloyd is a peanut of the highest order though, the only club he ever gets reliable info about is Essendon.
Agree on that.
1560300271384.png

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
He's a midfielder.... and been pushed to half back this season. Never a good sign.

There's a lot of hype on Cerra for not much output.
Nonsense.
I have seen Cerra play across half back.
Would mesh well in defence with Vlaustin, Grimes, as Rance eventually retires.
Wrote at the start of the year a key defender is the utmost priority.
Cerra will be only 21 in 2019.
He is worth at least a 4-5 year deal with a back-end contract.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Disagree.Most sides only "carry" one inside bull.
The exception is Melbourne.How good are they going even with a dominant ruckman in Gawn.
Quick smallish mids suits us at the G.
I'm inclined to agree with that, our bull mid was killing it back in 2017...

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually think we should be trying to get more top 10 picks
Me too
I think we need to have one eye firmly on the draft. U18s are so well conditioned and have been in elite development systems, that they are ready to make an immediate impact and cost you 120k.

Add these selections to NGA and FS selections and you are building a list that has genuine depth and talent.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Need to target out of favour high picks who are inside ball winners. Guys like Dunstan, Acres, Angus Brayshaw, Libba, Hately etc
Dunstan is a spud, Acres is an outside player St Kilda won't let go, Brayshaw and Libba are not out of favour and Hately is a first-year player, also not inside.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hugh Greenwood from the crows? Out of contract, big inside ball winner who can go forward. Exactly what we need and wouldn't cost the earth.

Right profile of the type of player we need although I can't see him being all that interested despite potentially more game time. Having started late and being 27 I can see him looking for his pay day and subsequently going to the highest bidder.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Nonsense.
I have seen Cerra play across half back.
Would mesh well in defence with Vlaustin, Grimes, as Rance eventually retires.
Wrote at the start of the year a key defender is the utmost priority.
Cerra will be only 21 in 2019.
He is worth at least a 4-5 year deal with a back-end contract.
I agree about a KPD. i have repeatedly stipulated one around 197-200cm agile and 100kg the one i like is Harris Andrews. I also think we have our Rance replacement in Balta we just refuse to develop him there.

Lastly how well did Collingwood do in getting Roughead from the dogs. He started as a kpd and did well in the role until the dogs decided to play him as a ruckman. At 200cm 101kg he has no problem playing on the big power fwds of the game.Where as even Rance and in particular Astbury have had lots of trouble with these types.

Dunstan is a spud, Acres is an outside player St Kilda won't let go, Brayshaw and Libba are not out of favour and Hately is a first-year player, also not inside.

My bad:huh: Distance was good the last time I saw him play. Not great but I'm not saying we should give up the world for him. Libba and Brayshaw are out of favour in the way they are being played. Both clearly centre square players but Dunkley has gone past Libba, they now play him forward and Harmes has pushed Brayshaw to the wing.

I agree Hately is more in the Grigg mild than a extractor. Acres I just remembered being inside from when he was drafted but he's barely been sighted since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back