List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose Ellis we could probably get someone on a back loaded contract under the assumption that Rance and Riewoldt retire in the next few years

Maybe.

Or maybe we take the draft pick and build for a future trade/FA.

More than one way to slice this up

PremiershipTigers

The Yellow and Black Dynasty Awaits
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't want us to use have any 1st round picks from now on as they're mostly busts such as Lennon, Cellis and RCD. Prefer we trade into the draft late and continue to pick guns there instead.
You're a clown - RCD is 15 games in to his first season...and have you checked out the spuds we have ended up with late picks? Far worse off than we have been with our 1st rounders. If you legitimately believe we are better drafting late, you should probably just stop following footy all together

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I am quite likely wrong :eek:. But I reckon that to do anything significant trade wise we'll have to lose a few players. And I wonder whether the club will try and keep everyone they can for 2020. Then look to end 2020 to swing a few major deals with youngsters more AFL ready and so minimise risk in trading out a mature player or two.

It'd have to be a damn good deal to get us involved I would guess.
Fair chance we think our window is open till at least next year.Getting Tom Lunch over provides us with a good chance of achieving this as well as him being what Jr8 is today in 2023.Captain of the fwd line with a young Balta his apprentice.Keep going too the FA well to replace the likes of sheds/Cotch /Rance/Grimes &Jack while keeping our picks.
While someone like a Vlas(Multi premiership player)might look for a mentor role at a young club which should yeild us a decent pick or young player at least.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm a bit intrigued by those excited by the prospect of Brandon Ellis possibly leaving.
He was pick 15 in 2011, and that was pretty much his correct value. Would still be ranked at least 15th from that draft. The picks straight after him were:
Tom Sheridan, Clay Smith, Brad McKenzie, Elliot Kavanagh, Hayden Crozier & Josh Bootsma. Don't think Brandon is really behind any of them.
Even an end of first round compo won't give us back a pick as high as what he was worth. Or was 2011 basically a shallow draft and 2019 that much deeper?

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Fair chance we think our window is open till at least next year.Getting Tom Lunch over provides us with a good chance of achieving this as well as him being what Jr8 is today in 2023.Captain of the fwd line with a young Balta his apprentice.Keep going too the FA well to replace the likes of sheds/Cotch /Rance/Grimes &Jack while keeping our picks.
While someone like a Vlas(Multi premiership player)might look for a mentor role at a young club which should yeild us a decent pick or young player at least.
You’re out of your mind , there’s no rush on our window , did you see how we performed with rance, cotch and jack out of the side , we were firing and only went backwards when in a 2w period we lost nank, lambo and Rossy. Vlas is likely our next captain , with our quality of recruiting we needn’t make rash moves like that

I'm a bit intrigued by those excited by the prospect of Brandon Ellis possibly leaving.
He was pick 15 in 2011, and that was pretty much his correct value. Would still be ranked at least 15th from that draft. The picks straight after him were:
Tom Sheridan, Clay Smith, Brad McKenzie, Elliot Kavanagh, Hayden Crozier & Josh Bootsma (AND Seb Ross, Elliott Yeo, Luke Bruest, Joel Hamling, Brad Hill, Jack Newnes, Jimmy Webster, Tory Dickson, Lochie Neale, Cam Ellis-Yeoman, Lincoln McCarthy, Jared Witts, Alex Sexton.......). Don't think Brandon is really behind any of them.
Even an end of first round compo won't give us back a pick as high as what he was worth. Or was 2011 basically a shallow draft and 2019 that much deeper?

Added a few more draftees for balance;)

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Brando wasn't a bad pick although there were a few better players picked after him. The damage was done with the spuds we picked later
Todd Elton ahead of Yeo or Brad Hill and Matt Arnott ahead of Lochie Neale. Breust was a rookie elevation in 2011 (drafted in 2008),

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
That Anthony Miles would be good mid depth
MILES Anthony.png

People dont mess around with these player trade rumour photoshops. Suits him imo

How s**t this year's FA pool is outside of Coniglio and Hill definitely works in our favour. I can see Ellis being offered way overs by a few desperate teams.
A FA period where we managed to swap Ellis for Hill would do opposition heads in, won't happen though.

Reckon Carlton could be tempted by adding Ellis and Butler. Ellis would give them outside run and carry which they need and Butler would be better than Fasolo in their forward line.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, I deliberately left them out as I wasn't really trying a hindsight type of drafting thing.
Seb Ross at #25 would have been good, but the others would have been a reach - Tory Dickson #57, Lachie Neale #58 - they are your 'lucky' late diamonds that are surrounded by the picks that get delisted after a handful of games a few years later.
My point is that with pick #15 in the 2011 draft Ellis turned out (arguably) the best of the 'obvious' choices that went in the next 5 or so picks.
Depending on what the 2019 draft looks like, are we likely to draft a better player with even an end-of-first-round ~#20 pick?
I get that the arguments are about using that compo pick to trade for a need, and its hopefully valuable enough to target a quality player, but then we lose the salary-dump advantage of getting rid of Brando.
And if we trade for a cheap option then we end up with Mav Weller, Addam Marric, Matt Thomas, Chris Knights, Ricky Pettard, etc....

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
A FA period where we managed to swap Ellis for Hill would do opposition heads in, won't happen though.

Reckon Carlton could be tempted by adding Ellis and Butler. Ellis would give them outside run and carry which they need and Butler would be better than Fasolo in their forward line.
Think Carlton are heavily into louise Taylor from the lions,
Be interesting to see if they go after dan butler as well,

If Caddy had played last week we would have had more inaugural Suns playing than they had on the day. T

Great spot up :thumbsu: :D

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone think Greenwood from Crows is worth a look? I don't mind him

It is probably the case you would have to think he is better than say Caddy, or maybe Jack Graham, and my personal view on that is he has height on them and that is about it. Overall I doubt he is a better player than either of them, and he is 27 already. No for me.

If the club is going to be looking to squeeze the likes of Chol and Balta into the team as backup ruck/forward players in a team already including Lynch and Riewoldt, I am not sure we need a tall plodding mid who spends substantial time forward. At full strength we may already be struggling to get Caddy into the team, and it is certainly difficult to see him spending much time forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back