List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still would like another inside ball magnet. It puts less pressure on Cotch, Meatball and Dusty.

RC-Dawkins & Jack Ross ? or another on top of these guys ?

I think what has made the RFC club raise Its recruiting game is a preparedness to look anywhere/everywhere to locate talent. We don't seem to restrict or discount anywhere or anyone until we have had a look for ourselves (Stack, Marlion, Broad, Baker, Lambert).....Not something new for us but really paying dividends for us. GO TIGES !!

Also since we have changed out strategy in the draft we always used to go looking to fill a need with early picks than looking at best available later on

Now we tend to go best available with our first two picks than look at list needs with our later picks

If Ross could somehow get back up and running in the next few games I could see him replacing Graham come finals.

Certainly make things more competitive for spots at the pointy end....

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Markov had suitors, reckon he will get moved on, Butler the same

Does an empty VB carton count as a suitor?

But seriously, we've established we are finding it difficult to free up 3 spots with the existing picks we have, R1 and R2 and rwo R3 picks. Markov is not getting us any better than those.

So we are giving him away to free up a spot, but we have his salary to pay. If we can get a club to take on his salary, as a free pick up, ie R5, a club may think about it. Then his spot can be used by a rookie upgrade, Chol/Baker.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Does an empty VB carton count as a suitor?

But seriously, we've established we are finding it difficult to free up 3 spots with the existing picks we have, R1 and R2 and rwo R3 picks. Markov is not getting us any better than those.

So we are giving him away to free up a spot, but we have his salary to pay. If we can get a club to take on his salary, as a free pick up, ie R5, a club may think about it. Then his spot can be used by a rookie upgrade, Chol/Baker.
Markov has kicked 4 goals 1 in 3 quarters so far against Box Hill, maybe we've found his spot
Will be tough to break into our AFL forward line at the moment, but you never know, maybe he can take up what was Townsend's 2017 spot, especially given Caddy has a new role that sounds like its more midfield based

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Markov has kicked 4 goals 1 in 3 quarters so far against Box Hill, maybe we've found his spot
Will be tough to break into our AFL forward line at the moment, but you never know, maybe he can take up what was Townsend's 2017 spot, especially given Caddy has a new role that sounds like its more midfield based

Yeah. I said that a few days ago in here. With his move into the forward line it may work. Still think he's a VFL player, but if he shows a bit like today, we will likely keep him as depth for next year. But as you said, we have so many players as depth already. Next year, Higgo will be back. Good position to be in. Good luck to him, we may give him a chance at another club too.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
And the little i did see of him in that game he looked zippy and clean! Could be another find!!!

With the deep draft that is why it is unlikely we will trade in players from other clubs. Also makes our fringe players less valuable.

On MB some draft watchers are saying it is the worst year ever for KPFs. We could definitely could do with drafting another KPD as I am not convinced that Garth and Miller will make it to AFL standard.

If the Brando compo pick gets to end of first round that will be a bonus (assuming that he leaves). Matt Clarke groups the draft in the top 2 or 3 then the next 20 pretty even. Means that we will get 2 hits in the second group or potentially we could money ball the compo pick (like the Eagles did with the Lycett compo).

Yeah, it's interesting. Some people only look at the top. So it's a terrible draft. Others look at the whole package and say it's deep.

Talls, no outstanding players. 2 first draft likelihood. But about 10 very draftable. So it's a terrible year (top end), poor year (first round), pretty deep (decent draftable players).

Good year to be cruising around with ordinary picks. The clubs that'll be hurt are those with picks 4-10. Usually very high quality. This year not so much. But late first is good. And the to around round 3 1/2 it's quality compared to normal years. So our picks are actually really solid this year - cause it doesn't matter so much :thumbsu: :rainbow:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Yeah, it's interesting. Some people only look at the top. So it's a terrible draft. Others look at the whole package and say it's deep.

Talls, no outstanding players. 2 first draft likelihood. But about 10 very draftable. So it's a terrible year (top end), poor year (first round), pretty deep (decent draftable players).

Good year to be cruising around with ordinary picks. The clubs that'll be hurt are those with picks 4-10. Usually very high quality. This year not so much. But late first is good. And the to around round 3 1/2 it's quality compared to normal years. So our picks are actually really solid this year - cause it doesn't matter so much :thumbsu: :rainbow:
Phew how did you work that all out?!?! :think:

Phew how did you work that all out?!?! :think:

Just the reports, and how people respond to the same info. The draft is deep with good quality kids. But extremely light at the top end. So good to have the picks we have because there isn't that big drop off. But if you have pick 5 this year compared to last year, you've lost a heap of talent. Just the luck of the draw

And some people seem to think that the top end of the draft is all there is to it. So mistaken. Rance pick 20, Grham pick 53, Ross pick 40ish, Stack pick 1,000,000.

Yes the top end usually where you find Dusty/Cotch etc. But this year it's only the top 2 or 3 that are elite. rest is pretty even to about 20. Then deep in terms of good kids compared to other years. I can try and say it again in different words if you want ;)

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Just the reports, and how people respond to the same info. The draft is deep with good quality kids. But extremely light at the top end. So good to have the picks we have because there isn't that big drop off. But if you have pick 5 this year compared to last year, you've lost a heap of talent. Just the luck of the draw

And some people seem to think that the top end of the draft is all there is to it. So mistaken. Rance pick 20, Grham pick 53, Ross pick 40ish, Stack pick 1,000,000.

Yes the top end usually where you find Dusty/Cotch etc. But this year it's only the top 2 or 3 that are elite. rest is pretty even to about 20. Then deep in terms of good kids compared to other years. I can try and say it again in different words if you want ;)
Please do i have had too many Gins to comprehend a melways direction...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Would like to try and get Darcy Bryne Jones from Port. Very similar to Vlastuin and would slot in perfectly with our back 6 while allowing Stack and Edwards to play half forward rotating through the middle.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

On MB some draft watchers are saying it is the worst year ever for KPFs. We could definitely could do with drafting another KPD as I am not convinced that Garth and Miller will make it to AFL standard.

Have been thinking that at times about Garth too but watching some of the VFL today
Garth should become a regular AFL defender somewhere , it might not be with us
He's at least 12 months away before he would be big enough / strong enough to compete with AFL key forwards

in the same game Celgar was pushing CCJ around , but CCJ did enough to show he's a prospect but probably 2 years away

I think that with more time and confidence growth who know what Peter the great ( Markov) , could do as a forward? At least put pressure on for small spots with his athleticism ? Very hard match up I think maybe a bit bigger than the other smalls?

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I think that with more time and confidence growth who know what Peter the great ( Markov) , could do as a forward? At least put pressure on for small spots with his athleticism ? Very hard match up I think maybe a bit bigger than the other smalls?
He's also the current fastest player recorded this year in the seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back