List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2015 the only dud picked...Adam Marcon...wow!

I don’t even think Marcon was a dud as such
Played a few games in that season and looked pretty good
Without knowing anything I would suggest that he didn’t want to stay in the afl system he had a crack and realised the lifestyle wasn’t for him

Only issue with the draft is some say it’s not very deep and quite average

What I'm reading is a bit more nuanced. The top 2 or 3 are very good. Then it's pretty even to about pick 20. So the top end is very shallow, and that's what many focus on. However, the quality kids go to about 60 this year, instead of the usual 35-40. So it's a really good late 2nd to early 4th round this year.

Use one eye and it's really shallow (where we don't have a pick) and the other eye it's very deep (where we have picks).

So a good draft for us this year. Poor draft if you have a top 10, but not top 3 pick. Probably most clubs will find their first rounder worth less than usually. We'll probably be about par 1st pick, then later on good choices.

We should Parcel townso butler and menadue for a gc priority pick , no one would better 2 premiership players on the table , certainly worth thinking about

I reckon there's no way you'd get a first. But I reckon towno would be a perfect get for them. he'd play firsts, add to the team, and really protect their kids.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Would rather just keep Bolton

You speak like we can't have both.

Bolton has great promise and seems to be developing pretty nicely but still has a ways to go to match what Jack Martin offers. I'd be disappointed if we missed the chance to bring him to Tigerland if and when he's available.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
“an incompetent, dysfunctional, joke and embarrassment of a club”........ premiers 9 months later :rolleyes:

Think he had some deep deep issues did Reece.

Yeah, chances are he blew something that was said or done out of proportion as well. It’s very common with people with mental illness.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
You speak like we can't have both.

Bolton has great promise and seems to be developing pretty nicely but still has a ways to go to match what Jack Martin offers. I'd be disappointed if we missed the chance to bring him to Tigerland if and when he's available.
Bs jack martin would be in same league as petracca in overrated players . What’s his best bf finish , the way people talk they should have won 4 between them , neither have ever finished top 5 , I’d be curious if even top 10

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
I don’t even think Marcon was a dud as such
Played a few games in that season and looked pretty good
Without knowing anything I would suggest that he didn’t want to stay in the afl system he had a crack and realised the lifestyle wasn’t for him
I would say that you are 100% wrong

I would say that you are 100% wrong

Fair enough

Like I said I don’t really have any info either way
Just seemed decent to me and seeing that he went straight back to port Melbourne and got the captaincy the year after leaving us he also won out vfl bnf award when he was with us

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Fair enough

Like I said I don’t really have any info either way
Just seemed decent to me and seeing that he went straight back to port Melbourne and got the captaincy the year after leaving us he also won out vfl bnf award when he was with us
Good VFL player, showed in his few AFL games he wasn't up to it, IMO. Too small, too slow. He would have been desperate to make it but no one else gave him a second thought.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Good VFL player, showed in his few AFL games he wasn't up to it, IMO. Too small, too slow. He would have been desperate to make it but no one else gave him a second thought.
Even as far back then our recruiters where thinking outside the box...but still a ways to go to catch Geelol with some of their picks over the years!

It'll be interesting to see if we clear the decks a bit given the relative strength of our picks this year. On one hand being able ot get a heap of pretty good quality kids cheap sounds great. On the other hand, they are still not top end draftees so why lose proven quality players to make space.

If we get a good player as FA then maybe we'll need cap space and so will trade a few VFL guys out. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd deliberately lose some of our VFL players so we can have more draft picks. Interesting to see what we do. Probably we'll have plans and be flexible if something nice turns up

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Has a few choice words about Dan Richardson
No coincidence that after he left we improved dramatically in player welfare
I wouldn’t read a lot into that , was about as imbalanced as you could get with a fair amount of prejudice in his judgements , hope the kids in a good place , an AFL club wasn’t ever the right spot given the personal challenges he spoke of

Ben king wanting out caro

Lukosius won’t sign a new deal yet

Priority pick all over the media either mid first round or after there first

Anderson and Rowell are best mates so they’re trying to get the afl to help

Wasn't too excited about us though.
Well you only had to see how our 2016 was to see there was something wrong at the club and while nowhere near the extent of Reece’s anxiety and depression even Dimma and Cotchin admitted publicly they weren’t in a good spot mentally that year.

Wonder what was really going on behind the scenes there.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Well you only had to see how our 2016 was to see there was something wrong at the club and while nowhere near the extent of Reece’s anxiety and depression even Dimma and Cotchin admitted publicly they weren’t in a good spot mentally that year.

Undoubtedly the club is different now to several years ago however I’m gonna stop short of accepting the view of a fella that by his own admission faced some acute mental health challenges. In fairness you need to hear from across a range of people their to get an idea. In any case that’s about the junction that the club went on an enormous growth curve

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Who knows.A troubled kids perspective/view Vs a club who had no choice in not saying anything.
Your right it is a much better place.
A lesson learnt (part of) by the McKenzie situation perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back