List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick 4 or whatever the Carlton pick is they have or get the fu** out.
Rather keep CJ.

Menadue - may have done enough to earn himself another deal, may also be traded or delisted and re-rookied to create list space
If we delisted Menadue he would walk to another club as a DFA.

The club wont let CCJ go. They are a massive wrap for him to be a gun tall forward. Starting soon.
Gun ruck/forward.

Yep....I'd take UDL for Moore
As long as we don't get LDU. Ross is miles better.

I’m really struggling with this whole “family reasons” business, whether it’s a mid-20’s player like Ellis or Danger, or a 20 year old like Lukosius.

Now I like to think that I love my family as much as the next guy. But when in their 20’s and, for these guys at least, at the peak earning period of their entire life, surely cashing in on natural-gifted skills to set up the next 50 years of their life should be the advice of the managers. Seriously, they’re a 2 hour flight away and can Skype their family every day nowadays if they want to be in each other’s business constantly.

How would a young oerson in the armed forces react to this need for attachment of grown men? Soldiers are often moved to completely other parts of the world, at short notice, for extended periods of time, on a fraction of the salary, and without access to the means of communication with home or pampered support of an AFL club. Or young engineers or drivers who work in the mining industry - they can’t just move the mine to Moggs Creek just to be near family while they earn copious amounts.

Time for managers to start advising these young blokes to cut the apron strings I reckon.

Brando, we’ve appreciated your input, but if the club are to fully benefit from your departure, you’re going north young man.
I think it's more of an assistance based reason and less of a emotional reason. I don't disagree though.

I'm not having much luck, he would rather play games than actually own anything he tweets or suggests.

to be fair, someone on PRE with a reasonable track record posted that he's been offered $2.7m over 4 years at GC (i.e. $675k p.a.), and we've offered $200k-$225k less than that p.a., and only on a 2 year deal. both of those offers sound plausible to me.

$450k p.a. over 2 years = $900k contract = 1/3 of GC's offer. so he could be on the money, or at least in the ballpark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ccj starts as the second ruck/3rd tall forward next year! Gotta keep him. Has A grade all over him

We’ve tried chol and Balta in that role and both were good but ccj will be special! Nank to start as the number 1.

Already moist about 2019 but 20 and beyond is just as promising

Last edited:
to be fair, someone on PRE with a reasonable track record posted that he's been offered $2.7m over 4 years at GC (i.e. $675k p.a.), and we've offered $200k-$225k less than that p.a., and only on a 2 year deal. both of those offers sound plausible to me.

$450k p.a. over 2 years = $900k contract = 1/3 of GC's offer. so he could be on the money, or at least in the ballpark.
Ellis should take the GCS offer.

Honestly he already is a premiership player. Gold Coast is not that far from Melbourne, Gold Coast is on the way up, if he goes to other places he will most likely be treading water. He can do things later in life, its a no brainer to me.

Money is not everything but neither is a security blanket in Melbourne. Even if Ellis had business interests etc.. in Melbourne to initially forgo, Gold Coast is not that far away and people have Skype and other online contact mechanisms these days in a mobile world.

Four years goes in a flash and record looking a gift horse in the mouth is madness

Last edited:
I’m really struggling with this whole “family reasons” business, whether it’s a mid-20’s player like Ellis or Danger, or a 20 year old like Lukosius.

Now I like to think that I love my family as much as the next guy. But when in their 20’s and, for these guys at least, at the peak earning period of their entire life, surely cashing in on natural-gifted skills to set up the next 50 years of their life should be the advice of the managers. Seriously, they’re a 2 hour flight away and can Skype their family every day nowadays if they want to be in each other’s business constantly.

How would a young oerson in the armed forces react to this need for attachment of grown men? Soldiers are often moved to completely other parts of the world, at short notice, for extended periods of time, on a fraction of the salary, and without access to the means of communication with home or pampered support of an AFL club. Or young engineers or drivers who work in the mining industry - they can’t just move the mine to Moggs Creek just to be near family while they earn copious amounts.

Time for managers to start advising these young blokes to cut the apron strings I reckon.

Brando, we’ve appreciated your input, but if the club are to fully benefit from your departure, you’re going north young man.

I agree with your statement. You know when you enter the draft you may end up interstate. They do need to harden up a bit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listen to us all brainstorm on how to get Ellis outta here lol.

Look I would like Ellis to stay in utopia but really the market is a good indication of the best interests of the player. Really its only 4 years and after that who knows??

Gold Coast have to be on the rise and Brandon will be young enough to experience that.

Before they were shockers but I think things are turning for the club under Dew, they have some real talent up there, once they have a critical mass they can form something special he could be a part of down the track. He is not going to get a bigger pay packet and if he stays at RFC things will get harder with greater competition, thats just a fact, which might come against him in terms of long term footy prospects to. If er win the premiership this year with Ellis thats another bonus for him.

In footy these days youngsters come through banging the door down all the time and when you have an opportunity its wise for players to seize what they can while its available, because things can change and opportunities slip by!!

Everybody gets surpassed eventually even Luke Hodge at the Lions will have to pull the pin at some point!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back