List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t have any info myself, just putting it out there? Would Bachar maybe decide to retire after 2 flags?

Possibly, but I have never met him and I am not saying he should or should not.

I just have no idea what he values in the context of such a decision. Does he value longevity, does he want the remuneration, does he just want to still play because he loves it, does he still want to win more, I have no idea of his motivations and everybody is different.

Had a pretty good year Bachar so he might be as keen as ever!!

One year in terms of duration is a smart option because things can change rapidly

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t have any info myself, just putting it out there? Would Bachar maybe decide to retire after 2 flags?
Why would he when he's playing the best footy of his career and made public comments about being unsure why he didn't have a contract renewal in front of him

Nov 30, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg
When riewoldt retires CCJ is expected to hold down and flourish as a key fwd. Soldo is first ruck now. Chol may likely move back

I wouldn't mind Chol learning to play as a defender for those 200cm plus forwards

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I doubt we sign anyone in the Trade Period, not enough list spots. We currently have 40 players on the senior list with the 3 rookie elevations (Chol, Stack and Baker) and the retirement of Grigg. So will need to get the senior list down to 35 senior players or fewer to free up spots in the ND.

I would expect that Houli and Edwards to get one year extensions and to retain Aarts ,Pickett (who has already re-signed) and Eggmolesse-Smith as rookies.

Also to lose Ellis as a free agent, to delist or trade Butler, Moore, Menadue and to delist Miller, Townsend and Weller.

Likely to draft only 3 players in the ND, to make 38 players on the senior list. This will leave 4 spots for the rookie draft / SSP.

Last edited:

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
No has to be elevated because he was extended for 2 years.
That's what I thought. It's my understanding that all rookie contracts are 1 year deals and chol signed on for 2. Cat B rookies may be different. As for Pickett I believe the mid season rule stated clubs could retain their player as a rookie the following year if both parties were happy. If we don't want him we still have to basically pay him 50k anyway so I can't see us shafting him.

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I doubt we sign anyone in the Trade Period, not enough list spots. We currently have 40 players on the senior list with the 3 rookie elevations (Chol, Stack and Baker) and the retirement of Grigg. So will need to get the senior list down to 35 senior players or fewer to free up spots in the ND.

I would expect that Houli and Edwards to get one year extensions and to retain Aarts ,Pickett (who has already re-signed) and Eggmolesse-Smith as rookies.

Also to lose Ellis as a free agent, to delist or trade Butler, Moore, Menadue and to delist Miller, Townsend and Weller.

Likely to draft only 3 players in the ND, to make 38 players on the senior list. This will leave 4 spots for the rookie draft / SSP.
I reckon you are spot on here and I think we might re rookie miller. I will add tho that I think markov will go if he attracts any interest, I know he's contracted but may look for more opportunities.

GoTigers2015

Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon you are spot on here and I think we might re rookie miller. I will add tho that I think markov will go if he attracts any interest, I know he's contracted but may look for more opportunities.
It is possible that we rookie Miller but he hasn't shown much. Coaches would have the data on him to make the call.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we could have up to 39 on the senior list, then up to 5 on the rookie list. Pretty sure that we have to take 3 live picks in the ND. If that's the case, then I think there is room for 1 signing in the trade period.

GoTigers2015

Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that we could have up to 39 on the senior list, then up to 5 on the rookie list. Pretty sure that we have to take 3 live picks in the ND. If that's the case, then I think there is room for 1 signing in the trade period.
38 senior players at the start of the season. Grigg retired -1, plus 3 rookie elevations which will make 40 senior players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back