Status
Not open for further replies.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Think we can forget about Crouch coming over now. New coach will be a circuit breaker and they will want to hold as many players as possible to see what impact a new game plan has.
Maybe not, if there are still a bunch of players leaving (as still seems to be the case) then it will likely be a full rebuild and he may not want to stick around for that.

Go back in the history. Comments like Jayden Post is a 200 game player were regular. All I am saying is all the kid has done is play well at VFL level. I would pack his bags for him for a quality inside/outside midfielder in a second.

The hype on him is ridiculous. I hope it’s correct but I just caution against people over doing it.
Bean was the worst, and he dominated VFL also

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Go back in the history. Comments like Jayden Post is a 200 game player were regular. All I am saying is all the kid has done is play well at VFL level. I would pack his bags for him for a quality inside/outside midfielder in a second.

The hype on him is ridiculous. I hope it’s correct but I just caution against people over doing it.
Post never dominated VFL, that was all hope of a downtrodden supporter base.

Bean was the worst, and he dominated VFL also
Beanie dominated as a small forward who just happened to be 203cm. CJ is dominating as a legit tall. He takes big marks, he has big presence, he follows up at ground level, he moves well, he has a great leap, incredible hands, is smart, consistent, and a leader. I had him BOG in the final against Essendon. I will stake my rep on him becoming a very good AFL ruck/forward.

Nank, Soldo, Chol and CJ mean we don't have to recruit a ruckman for years. West Coast had a surplus of rucks and traded Callum Sinclair for Lewis Jetta. They're still laughing.

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Clearly an unpopular view but you have to give quality to get quality and I would gladly trade an unproven CCJ for a proven gun in Crouch. We have depth in the KPF / ruck but lack a true big body clearance machine.

Regardless, the crows would never do that deal anyway IMO

Normally I would agree with the stance of trading a player with potential and lots of hype for a proven gun mid but in the event CCJ reaches his potential the knock on effect that having an additional high level key forward who can ruck just as well to go alongside Lynch and Riewoldt is massive. Riewoldt would end up having the opposition third best defender most weeks as the opposition couldn't afford to put smaller third talls on either Lynch or CCJ due to their size and marking ability.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Clearly an unpopular view but you have to give quality to get quality and I would gladly trade an unproven CCJ for a proven gun in Crouch. We have depth in the KPF / ruck but lack a true big body clearance machine.

Regardless, the crows would never do that deal anyway IMO
No Way !!! Crouch ? The guy thats played 83 games in 8 years

don pyke gone. We really broke that club
Hard they have never recovered from the demolition Love it Power Stance Hahahahahah

If we win the flag, would anyone trade our pick 18, 19 (Ellis compo) & Butler for Carlton’s pick 8 & 39?
I would 100% - Brodie Kemp

we would probably get pick 39 for butler anyway, so you're really trading 18 and 19 for pick 8. not sure i would do that
:thumbsu:

Tiger4Ever

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
It was reported on SEN this morning that Essendon has entered the race for Ellis. Can't understand why, he's the last thing they need. Classic Dodoro.

Papley would be a great get for Carlton.

Essendon are still on a mission to construct their own "Little Richmond", it's cute.
Dan Richo is still forming his RFC tribute band and Essendon will continue chasing and never overtake us, what a time to be alive.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
No Way !!! Crouch ? The guy thats played 83 games in 8 years

7 years and has played all 22 this year. Prestia wasn’t much better, 81 in 6 years.

Considering it sounds like it’s been a form of OP I’d back in our medical staff to get him right.

Cheers. I don’t follow the draft but that makes sense to keep pick 18 and 19. Would be nice having a top ten pick after winning the flag though.

Absolutely. It does sound like a bit of a strange year this year. Apparently the depth is very good, but the top end is quite weak. SO our picks are pretty solid this year, unlike where we'd be usually.

Very few good KPFs, but quite a number of solid KPD. And a lot of X factor types.

So if you get it right and develop well the 2019 draft could be awesome. But if you have pick 8 etc, meh compared to a 'normal' year.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I just noticed Burgoyne not going to Gold Coast either staying at Hawthorn

Just thinking, with Ellis umming and arghhing about whether to go to the Gold Coast what if we traded a number of RFC players to Gold Coast as well as FA agent Ellis that way Ellis and co more at home at Gold Coast and better belief culture change and the team really will change in the right direction in a few years??

Obviously players have to agree with it but with familiar faces they might have more belief and confidence moving to Gold Coast. Not trying to tell players what to do but if they get more opportunity and are among friends maybe more willing to think the opportunity is well supported and its in their interest. Gold Coast would have some hand draft picks for RFC the other way and it will surely help Gold Coast help their other players stick if they notice some solidarity within the group

Last edited:

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Just thinking, with Ellis umming and arghhing about whether to go to the Gold Coast what if we traded a number of RFC players to Gold Coast as well as FA agent Ellis that way Ellis and co more at home at Gold Coast and better belief culture change and the team really will change in the right direction in a few years??

Obviously players have to agree with it but with familiar faces they might have more belief and confidence moving to Gold Coast. Not trying to tell players what to do but if they get more opportunity and are among friends maybe more willing to think the opportunity is well supported and its in their interest
Really man!!

Tell me which ex RFC players are at the GCS right now..........

I really do think you bust the shrooms sometimes.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Really man!!

Tell me which ex RFC players are at the GCS right now..........

I really do think you bust the shrooms sometimes.

Miles and C Ellis are there atm.

I am just saying some of these players we are umming and arghing over to keep if they go to Gold Coast as a collective ( not everybody of course but a few) they will get more security, more money and more time to succeed amongst friends and Gold Coast have some handy draft picks.

Not forcing anyone but RFC has a lot of depth, Gold Coast need players and their group to stick maybe theirs a win win like GWS and Carlton trades.

Not forcing anyone to do anything is just an interesting situation to consider and Gold Coast can't be a basket case forever, AFL HQ will not allow it!!

I am just saying a bit of organised lateral thinking may be beneficial for a number of stakeholders if the opportunity suits them.

Put it this way, as a RFC supporter I do not want a lot of our depth to go because we will not be properly compensated but if Gold Coast can give a better pick(s) for a combination that suits player(s) and clubs then why not consider it??

For example, all at arms length, we could say to some of these players you go up there take your chances, see how you go, earn more money. If it does not work out we might take you back. We are in contention they are not but we have heaps of depth they need the players and they have the opportunity and money. We can use the draft picks and might provide an outlet for some that are looking for a change from Gold Coast and will not see a premiership in their window at GC.

Here is the way I see it. RFC loves their players, we care for our players but we cannot do the impossible. There are rules and only 22 can make the team. We want everybody to succeed, and everybody to achieve the most they can but a square does not fit in a circle!!! For the players own growth opportunity creates opportunity and can help drive personal and footy progress. Maybe its best for some to look at a different adventure with rewards especially if time is on your side. Remember their are different ways to skin a cat and who knows, you may come back with welcome arms!!

Last edited:
7 years and has played all 22 this year. Prestia wasn’t much better, 81 in 6 years.

Considering it sounds like it’s been a form of OP I’d back in our medical staff to get him right.
As I said previously imagine the same criteria was applied to D.Grimes. He would have been delisted after his second year with his constant hammy issues. Given our medical staffs performance over the last few years I'd back them in to get Crouch running around like a spring chicken if he came across.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

Lol, Prestia was a lot better and a lot cheaper two!!! Not sure how you are going to give Crouch speed??

How are you going to manage the list if Ross out performs Crouch next year??

What if the Crouch pickup interferes with us bringing in a superstar down the track due to unnecessary salary cap expenditure???

If I am Bolton, CCJ, Stack, Graham, Rioli, Balta, Baker, Ross, Higgins, Castagna, RCD, Short, Naish and others I do not want Crouch because he will interfere with their longer term window prospects!!

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Obviously players have to agree with it but with familiar faces they might have more belief and confidence moving to Gold Coast. Not trying to tell players what to do but if they get more opportunity and are among friends maybe more willing to think the opportunity is well supported and its in their interest. Gold Coast would have some hand draft picks for RFC the other way and it will surely help Gold Coast help their other players stick if they notice some solidarity within the group
😆 what would that be , the Richmond retirement home ,roll up roll up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back