List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would he be first ruck if Naitanui is still playing and still better? What does "first ruck" mean in the Upside Down?

That aside, you've nominated one target. He's nearly 24 and has played 1 game. Who else?
I'm assuming that Naitanui will miss games with injury, so if someone has gone past Hickey by then, they will take on the role of first ruck during the games Naitanui doesn't play. First ruck is self explanatory...
He's at the age where a lot of rucks start to play well, he's my target, no one else.

If that was the case would we not have just traded him last year though? Not surely how highly I’ll think of him if he’s just stayed to do a Kevin Durant ring grab and jump ship. A year is a long time in footy too.. you’d want to lock up your future asap at his age and I’m not sure if staying a year, risking a bigger contract, would be a great idea for the relatively uncertain chance at a flag (we’re looking alright at the moment but history shows it’s hard enough to win one, let alone go back to back).

He probably didn't want to leave in disgrace which it probably would have been if Derby 48 was his last game. By signing him for an extra year he does us a big favour, we can trade him for decent compo rather than lose him through FA and we keep him on the roster for an extra year which aids our premiership tilt.

I think he felt it was the morally right choice for him to commit for another year, he's probably going to avoid intense media speculation this year and he's also got a chance to win a flag wid da boiz.

I'm assuming that Naitanui will miss games with injury, so if someone has gone past Hickey by then, they will take on the role of first ruck during the games Naitanui doesn't play. First ruck is self explanatory...
Apparently not. You're describing a capable understudy to Naitanui.

I didn't say first-choice ruckman, I said first ruck as in the main ruckman on the ground.
Anyone can be "the main ruckman" if everyone better is injured. Wtf are you talking about?

Is "first ruck" in the hat with the other new jargon rubbish that doesn't mean anything? Like "pure midfielder" and "genuine CHF"? Shoot me now.

Naitanui is our preferred ruck for the foreseeable future. Are you talking about a player who could surpass Naitanui as our first-choice ruckman? Or are you talking about a player who, in the event of Naitanui going down, could do the job, a la Lycett?

Last edited:
Anyone can be "the main ruckman" if everyone better is injured. Wtf are you talking about?
I think it's pretty obvious but I'll try and spell it out for you.
Do you think Vardy is good as the main ruckman? Do you think Allen would be good as the main ruckman? Both are more suited to the backup ruck role.
I would like us to recruit someone who will be a good option (within a couple of years of recruiting them) to play as the number 1 ruck/main ruck/first ruck during a game of football. I believe this because I think it is quite likely that whoever we recruit will have to play a lot of games as the number 1/main/first ruck by then because I believe the odds are good that Naitanui will be unable play every game in 2022 given his age and injury history.

I think it's pretty obvious but I'll try and spell it out for you.
Do you think Vardy is good as the main ruckman? Do you think Allen would be good as the main ruckman?
I would like us to recruit someone who will be a good option (within a couple of years of recruiting them) to play as the number 1 ruck/main ruck/first ruck during a game of football. I believe this because I think it is quite likely that whoever we recruit will have to play a lot of games as the number 1/main/first ruck by then because I believe the odds are good that Naitanui will be unable play every game in 2022 given his age and injury history.
My point throughout has been that we should seek a readymade upgrade on Vardy in the ruck, regardless of age but subject to price and availability. You seem to think Cameron is the only option worth pursuing.

If you agree with the need, that is a weirdly narrow solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point throughout has been that we should seek a readymade upgrade on Vardy in the ruck, regardless,of age but subject to price and availability. You seem to think Cameron is the only option worth pursuing.

If you agree with the need, that is a weirdly narrow solution.
I'm just that high on Cameron.

Thomas Amos playing reserves EP , PJ reckons he has big potential as a mobile ruckman play Colts with SPP or Ajang Ajang .

If we could get Jackson I think we would stuff midfielders we have done okay .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back