List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not to worried we have setup our list profile beautifully
Petch is awesome trade bait IMO. His value is seriously inflated at the moment. He looks good in a team of premium forwards and midfielders.

It's really hard to hit a target when you're running full-tilt, which is his only trick. He's superfluous to the team right now.
wash your filthy mouth out

Good chance but his pick could be what helps us et Kelly over the line.

in 2-3 years time we are probably bottoming out as well and he's not the sort of player that would do well at an average side. He's a one trick pony in my mind. He has only speed as his only asset.

Let’s say his leaving gets us Kelly.

Our list of players 25 or under as of today includes:

B: Tom Barrass, Liam Duggan, Josh Rotham, Tom Cole, Francis Watson

C: Tim Kelly, Elliot Yeo, Dom Sheed

F: Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli, Jake Waterman, Jarrod Cameron

Plus the potential of Brander, Edwards, Williams, O’Neill turning into anything.

That’s our team assuming everyone 26 or over as of today isn’t playing in three years time. That’s not the core of a team that’s set to bottom out.

If Petch leaves you will all complain about the unders taken for him in 2-3 years time. I expected him to still be playing wafl at this point in time and he’s doing some really special things already.
Bang on my man. Dont understand the obsession with wanting to trade out our young talent.

When petch was drafted the general opinion was hes a project player who will take time. I think hes well and truly surpassed expectations at this point in time and is showing glimses of being an absoloute game breaker when it all comes together.

Giving away draft picks for kelly is one thing, but If getting kelly means throwing away genuine young talent then i think we should 100% pass. His value is over inflated atm and given the position our team is currently in i thinks it crazy to sell our future for him, just weak list management imo.

Use the draft and trading for value has got our list to where its currently at, why change a wining formula...

Last edited:
If Petch leaves you will all complain about the unders taken for him in 2-3 years time. I expected him to still be playing wafl at this point in time and he’s doing some really special things already.
Absolutely agree, he's into his second season and playing really well. He's got some real weapons too.
If we lost him this year, I'd want a pick between 15-20. Some might say that's crazy, but he's got a massive ceiling and only been playing football seriously for a few years now.

Let’s say his leaving gets us Kelly.

Our list of players 25 or under as of today includes:

B: Tom Barrass, Liam Duggan, Josh Rotham, Tom Cole, Francis Watson

C: Tim Kelly, Elliot Yeo, Dom Sheed

F: Oscar Allen, Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli, Jake Waterman, Jarrod Cameron

Plus the potential of Brander, Edwards, Williams, O’Neill turning into anything.

That’s our team assuming everyone 26 or over as of today isn’t playing in three years time. That’s not the core of a team that’s set to bottom out.
Mate this is Bigfooty. Logic is not welcomed in these parts.

I really hope that Sheed doesn't regress again if Kelly joins us.

This is what I hope.
Gaff can just go back to playing wing full time (will still find a * ton of the pill on the wing)
Shuey could potentially play a bit more wing and HFF
Redden wing with a bit inside
Kelly bit inside and HFF
Yeo inside and perhaps thrown up forward
Sheed inside/outside (what he does atm)

I obviously don't rate him as highly as you, I think he's a great athlete but not a good footballer.
Agreed.
He's great if you can get him burning someone out the back and he's only asked to make a simple kick to an obvious target or kick for goal within 30m. If he has to make a decision kicking inside 50 or execute difficult skills, he goes to water.
Defensively, he can make great plays by simply closing distance faster than players expect. Often he puts himself horribly out of position and is shrugged off too easily in tackles.
Personally, I prefer Cameron as a prospect. He's cleaner with his skills, deadlier in front of goals and applies better tackling pressure. We've also got Venables, who will presumably come back to compete for the HFF position.
I'd happily keep Petch and let him develop, but if someone comes along offering high picks for that promise, I'd be very tempted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.
He's great if you can get him burning someone out the back and he's only asked to make a simple kick to an obvious target or kick for goal within 30m. If he has to make a decision kicking inside 50 or execute difficult skills, he goes to water.
Defensively, he can make great plays by simply closing distance faster than players expect. Often he puts himself horribly out of position and is shrugged off too easily in tackles.
Personally, I prefer Cameron as a prospect. He's cleaner with his skills, deadlier in front of goals and applies better tackling pressure. We've also got Venables, who will presumably come back to compete for the HFF position.
I'd happily keep Petch and let him develop, but if someone comes along offering high picks for that promise, I'd be very tempted.
Cameron barely leaves the 50, so their roles are a bit different.

I think they are both going to be very good players, but in different areas of the ground.

If petch is happy and wants to stay we should absolutely do everything we can to keep him. Likelihood is that 1-2 players will want to leave for more opportunities (seems to happen at most top 4 teams each year) so no need to force out b22 players unless they request it.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cameron barely leaves the 50, so their roles are a bit different.

I think they are both going to be very good players, but in different areas of the ground.

If petch is happy and wants to stay we should absolutely do everything we can to keep him. Likelihood is that 1-2 players will want to leave for more opportunities (seems to happen at most top 4 teams each year) so no need to force out b22 players unless they request it.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His heat maps actually suggest the opposite, the majority of his possessions are out gained around half forward / wing. Would suggest quite a similar role to Petch. Regardless, I would personally keep both as they are very dangerous especially in the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back