List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Daniel Venables would be making his way back to the team anytime soon unless injury or a player really is doing bad. Hes not an accumulator at WAFL his most possesion was 17 I think.

Venables has the ability and talent to work his way into the side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Venables looked electric in the preseason.

It's fitness that's the issue and it'll take a little while. The kid will make it, he just needs time.
No I don't think it's fitness.

Besides, even if he is handy, that doesn't preclude trading him for Kelly.

Sorry mate but Venebles will end up like Venebles, all promise and no delivery..its ok we are allowed to get one wrong now and then.

I reckon Andrew McDougal was the last time our first round draft pick was a complete miss (I’m ignoring Newman as he was pick 23 in a compromised draft)

Second round picks is another story

Some people really aren't showing faith in Venables. The guy is 20. Remember when Shep turned it around?

He’s not even playing poorly. He’s got production issues in an extremely hard to play position. What he does he does overwhelmingly well.

A lot of stupid comments IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s not even playing poorly. He’s got production issues in an extremely hard to play position. What he does he does overwhelmingly well.

A lot of stupid comments IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, his pressure acts off the ball are good and his decision making and skills with ball in hand is largely excellent.

The issue is not getting enough ball - though I mean take a look at sheed/redden when stuck on a HFF, they weren't getting much production either.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the longer term ruck plan? Is it Vardy / Williams?

Should we try and get Tim English or Darcy Cameron back home?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've said it before but even in his last 2 years of juniors Venables didn't have a game of more than 20 possessions.

I would suggest before any single person ever ******* suggests he will be a midfielder again or that he will 'make it' then he needs to rack up just 1 20+ possession game. Not 1 game in 4 and a bit years.

I've said it before but even in his last 2 years of juniors Venables didn't have a game of more than 20 possessions.

I would suggest before any single person ever ******* suggests he will be a midfielder again or that he will 'make it' then he needs to rack up just 1 20+ possession game. Not 1 game in 4 and a bit years.

I’m curious to know if he was playing midfield in those last two years of juniors?

Sorry mate but Venebles will end up like Venebles, all promise and no delivery..its ok we are allowed to get one wrong now and then.

TT can't agree more . Eagles very rarely get it wrong at draft but this time .

He's in yr 3 now and failing to cut it in a great team with elite players around him .

Given his injury problems pre and post draft he was recruited more on reputation / hope than evidenced performance .

And I'd suggest people don't get too carried away with value in a trade . Eagles very good at pushing tight buttons getting high end performance but not working with DV .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TT can't agree more . Eagles very rarely get it wrong at draft but this time .

He's in yr 3 now and failing to cut it in a great team with elite players around him .

Given his injury problems pre and post draft he was recruited more on reputation / hope than evidenced performance .

And I'd suggest people don't get too carried away with value in a trade . Eagles very good at pushing tight buttons getting high end performance but not working with DV .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Failing to cut it" hyperbole at best. He's played his role and last year we looked a better team with him than without. Others have staked their claim and its up him to work his way back into the 22.

There is nothing terminal about being dropped. Same goes for Waterman as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back