List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiemoses

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
We propose a deal with GWS

Let coniglio go as a FA and pocket the pick 15 .
Then swap pick 9-10 (1440) tied to essendon

for future 1st (1100) 25(750) 34 (550) = 2400

Gws get 15 compo + 19 ( in equivalent points ) for coniglio

We go to the draft with 2 first rounders and get coniglio .
Has a deal like this happened before? Surely the AFL would have an issue with how compensation is being used to manipulate trade outcomes.

Great deal for us though but I suspect if GWS might be looking at more from the pics.

Plus if they do that deal they can't acquire any other free agents otherwise they lose the compensation. Or did they change that rule?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think it's pretty obvious but I'll try and spell it out for you.
Do you think Vardy is good as the main ruckman? Do you think Allen would be good as the main ruckman? Both are more suited to the backup ruck role.
I would like us to recruit someone who will be a good option (within a couple of years of recruiting them) to play as the number 1 ruck/main ruck/first ruck during a game of football. I believe this because I think it is quite likely that whoever we recruit will have to play a lot of games as the number 1/main/first ruck by then because I believe the odds are good that Naitanui will be unable play every game in 2022 given his age and injury history.
Spot on
Essential in my opinion

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Would you have said the same thing about Judd?

I'm of completley opposite thinking. I think players should go wherever they're traded to. They get paid well enough to do so.
At the time no. However I've changed my tune and it's not just because of Kelly. Player mobility isn't such a bad thing and players have too short of a career to be killed by bad club management or being in situations they don't want.

To your point. If a club can trade a player anywhere while they're in contract, then why can't a player choose when they're out of contract? They should be able to choose where they can go and get the best contract for themselves.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Has a deal like this happened before? Surely the AFL would have an issue with how compensation is being used to manipulate trade outcomes.

Great deal for us though but I suspect if GWS might be looking at more from the pics.

Plus if they do that deal they can't acquire any other free agents otherwise they lose the compensation. Or did they change that rule?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tigers did it last year with players not picks. AFL allowed it.

But thats Richmond. Im sure the AFL will make different rules for different clubs.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
It we won the flag this year and Gaff asked to go home and we got two first round picks to trade for Kelly we could then have the cash to go after Congilo or if not go to the draft with the rest of the picks.

A guy on here HT says Kelly is resigning and buying a house in Geelong apparently it’s because Rawlings has left ..

So we should just focus on getting Coniglio ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back