List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
So my 2nd confirmation in a week...

A very close lifetime indigenous friend of mine a week ago spoke to Tims Mum. Said hes buying a house soon in Geelong.

Then yesterday Tims 1st cousin came to my Nans funeral as did the Ballantyne family. Again Tim is buying a house in Geelong.

Time to move on from Tim Kelly...

And last years prelim final i attended with the Kellys and Bynders (Patrick Bynder) who designed our indigenous jersey...My Brother in law is family of Bynders/Coles. Thanks to him i got my ticket from the family.

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

A very close lifetime indigenous friend of mine a week ago spoke to Tims Mum. Said hes buying a house soon in Geelong.

Then yesterday Tims 1st cousin came to my Nans funeral as did the Ballantyne family. Again Tim is buying a house in Geelong.

And last years prelim final i attended with the Kellys and Bynders (Patrick Bynder) who designed our indigenous jersey...My Brother in law is family of Bynders/Coles. Thanks to him i got my ticket from the family.

Very disappointing that Blaine didn’t come.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

My uncle’s best mate’s son’s dogsitter served TK once at IGA and says that he’s buying a house in Perth.

Who to believe

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
And if it changes well i guess Eagles or Freo would have to up contract offers. But as of right now he is staying in Geelong.

Nicholas Reid is a jet. Have been talking to people lately about him. Most of them have said he hadnt really put in the hard yards but now hes doing that. Lets get him. Think we have another TK with him.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Would drafting a injured Midfielder early put Wce off picking up another injured player in Garcia ??
One although not ideal is acceptable but two injured players would be pushing our luck ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah probably would, but Stephens will be back soon so by time of draft won't be injured.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
If Tim decides to stay in Geelong then that's fantastic for him and the Cats.
Seems like a good bloke and with his family situation I hope he can earn enough to set his kids up for the future.
Hopefully both for our sake and Tim's Geelong are offering to pay him 20-30% more than what we could offer him (if he decides to stay).

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
You say that yet the fact is he sat in the WAFL for 4 years.

He wouldn't be there if he didn't have problems he needed to fix.
I remember you were opposed to us drafting Kelly. You were the bloke that gave us the theory that you can’t draft elite midfielders in the second round 😂

You’ve been clearly proven wrong. That’s ok, we all get it wrong from time to time. But spare us your bullsh#t revisionism, offered in a desperate attempt to justify the opinion you held last year.

BOND 007

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
Near the beach
From vague memories hunter clark, O’Brien and Stephenson where the midfield types linked all before our first pick. There was small rumblings on Higgins and reaching for Allen whom a lot where unhappy with the idea of Allen at 13.

I reckon as soon as brander was still on the table at 13 like wise with Allen at 21 it was an instantaneous selection

It sure was

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
He's good but he's not worth 800k

Interesting.

• "Everyone’s got their own circumstances, but we’d be silly not to be creative in our thinking in order to keep a good player like Tim Kelly.”
The same report said the deal, if accepted, would see Kelly’s salary increase to $800,000 in 2020, which would put him among the four highest paid Geelong players.

• The Age also reported Geelong had put a longer term offer to Kelly — which reportedly didn’t sit well with the player as he ponders the prospect of returning home to WA — prior to the recent one-year offer.
But Kelly’s manager Anthony van der Wielen told the Herald Sun the Cats were yet to put official figures to him, saying parties were “really just talking a framework”.
“How can we get creative and what would it mean for a commitment. It is really just talking very openly and honestly about what are our options,” van der Wielen said.
  • The Herald Sun reported Kelly’s management had asked the Cats to work on a unique contract that would provide the midfielder with long-term security but flexibility to request a trade during the middle of his contract.

So from that, if credible, you can infer the following:
  • Kelly rejected Geelong's initial contract offer without even considering a dollar figure due to its length.
  • Geelong must be very worried about losing him if they are publicly admitting they are only offering a single year contract.

To me it sounds like he still is determined to leave but is making sure he has an insurance policy this time around if the trade fails to occur again.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Well he must be spending up big. i also heard that he was buying Kardinia Park just for his dog to run around in it being only a stones throw from his new house.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember you were opposed to us drafting Kelly. You were the bloke that gave us the theory that you can’t draft elite midfielders in the second round 😂

You’ve been clearly proven wrong. That’s ok, we all get it wrong from time to time. But spare us your bullsh#t revisionism, offered in a desperate attempt to justify the opinion you held last year.

Are you sure?

Because I rarely suggest (ever?) players to draft. My general rule is trust the recruiters because they see these kids much more then I do.

But hey if you find me saying that we shouldn't draft Kelly I am happy to see a quote.

But don't make up s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back