List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
So my 2nd confirmation in a week...

A very close lifetime indigenous friend of mine a week ago spoke to Tims Mum. Said hes buying a house soon in Geelong.

Then yesterday Tims 1st cousin came to my Nans funeral as did the Ballantyne family. Again Tim is buying a house in Geelong.

Time to move on from Tim Kelly...

And last years prelim final i attended with the Kellys and Bynders (Patrick Bynder) who designed our indigenous jersey...My Brother in law is family of Bynders/Coles. Thanks to him i got my ticket from the family.

This has a ring of truth to it so bad and good news as well ..

Bad that wce can miss on Kelly but Good news if we all can move on as well ..

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Are you sure?

Because I rarely suggest (ever?) players to draft. My general rule is trust the recruiters because they see these kids much more then I do.

But hey if you find me saying that we shouldn't draft Kelly I am happy to see a quote.

But don't make up s**t.
Gunner, is that you ?

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Kelly was a diamond in the rough. Recruiters are heavily biased to junior pathways. If blokes miss out on getting drafted in their under 18 year it gets much harder.

Kelly had injury problems that held him back in his under 18 year and after that. He had a full-time job as an electrician and a young family.

Nobody who saw him play in the WAFL would describe him as a plodder. It was a stupid comment.

Moved it over to the 2019 thread.

He played 12 games in his debut season. He then played 58 of 60 possible matches in the next 3 seasons before his breakout. How is that being held back by injury?

Each of those years were very consistant:

www.waflfootyfacts.net/player/stats.php?PlayerID=3431#

He was a run of the mill WAFL player. He was stagnating and getting older hence why no recruiters were interested. Plodder while an unkind term it wasn't inaccurate.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I really like Sharp, but reckon he might slide to our next pick so I'd wait.

As Monocle's pick next up, and I can't give anything away. He'll go Cooper Stephens, Vic Country co captain but missed the champs with a broken fibula. Inside mid who was touted to go 14-18 in draft at start of year.
Monocle had been big on him so you predicted it right. I like the idea of going for a pure balanced mid early afternoon we have missed out going top quality mid since Sheed. At the end of last year, a number of more reputable posters had Cooper inside the top 10.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
God I hope a Kelly decision is made early, whether it be to stay or leave, so it doesn't overshadow everything else. Same with Coniglio
Since Cogs is a RFA, that decision should be the weekend prior to trading opening and a trade should be more straight forward as GWS will value the points more than Geelong. I suspect they will ask for Brander and our first rounder. I’d try to counter with Sydney’s second rounder. That would leave us with 2020 picks in tact and our first, our second and Saints fourth.

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Moved it over to the 2019 thread.

He played 12 games in his debut season. He then played 58 of 60 possible matches in the next 3 seasons before his breakout. How is that being held back by injury?

Each of those years were very consistant:

www.waflfootyfacts.net/player/stats.php?PlayerID=3431#

He was a run of the mill WAFL player. He was stagnating and getting older hence why no recruiters were interested. Plodder while an unkind term it wasn't inaccurate.

No, “plodder” is a ridiculous description of him. Did you ever see him play in the WAFL?

Here’s a short summary of years 2012-2017

Second in the Sandover 45 votes

Made State debut

7th in SF B&F

28 votes in the Sandover
Second in the club B&F

WAFL debut
Invited to the AFL draft combine so at 5 clubs had put him forward

Playing colts -missed 2 months with torn oblique
Then MCL tear and missed finals

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
No, “plodder” is a ridiculous description of him. Did you ever see him play in the WAFL?

Here’s a short summary of years 2012-2017

Second in the Sandover 45 votes

Made State debut

7th in SF B&F

28 votes in the Sandover
Second in the club B&F

WAFL debut
Invited to the AFL draft combine so at 5 clubs had put him forward

Playing colts -missed 2 months with torn oblique
Then MCL tear and missed finals

Was that supposed to be impressive?

Apparently recruiters agreed because he still didn't get drafted till 2017 when he had a breakout year.

But hey you watched a couple of WAFL games so you know better.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah felt like we were going to get him at 25, but Cats took him at 24. Fogerty was cats first pick at 22.

I reckon a few melts would have been had if we took Kelly at 21. From memory most wanted him at 25 and didn’t want to go too early because they thought no one else would pickup a mature aged player that was a massive flight risk. Geelong just decided to be massive campaigners

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Monocle had been big on him so you predicted it right. I like the idea of going for a pure balanced mid early afternoon we have missed out going top quality mid since Sheed. At the end of last year, a number of more reputable posters had Cooper inside the top 10.
I've got to admit, I need to see a few more of his games before passing judgment on him. I've just seen the one and thought he was decent. Hopefully we take a balanced mid, if we keep the pick.

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
Was that supposed to be impressive?

Apparently recruiters agreed because he still didn't get drafted till 2017 when he had a breakout year.

But hey you watched a couple of WAFL games so you know better.
It was supposed to demonstrate he was no WAFL plodder, as you claimed. I think any reasonable person can see that. An intellectual plodder perhaps not so much...

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It was supposed to demonstrate he was no WAFL plodder, as you claimed. I think any reasonable person can see that. An intellectual plodder perhaps not so much...

Mate think what you want the fact is he wasn't drafted despite playing the same level for several years.

Feel free to call him a WAFL star if you think his performance pre 2017 earned it.

Made where I stand clear.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Makes sense to trade Brander for Kelly but damn what a waste. Could’ve just the same result taking Allen and Kelly with our first two picks, as many of the Phantoms predicted.
Why we have plenty of picks . 2 x 1sts and 2 x 2nds .
Why involve brander ? Because geelong want him ?

Brander is contracted so too bad cats . They made it clear contracted players dont have to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back