AsterixTheGaul

Plucked from the Amos
Sep 12, 2013
15 min water taxi from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gunners Lakers Scorcher Claremont
Venners is still only 21 had a shocking run with injury. Is beautifully skilled, strong and duel sided his athleticism and skill is top end.

I’d rather be trying to improve a players tank/ Midfield capacity then teach them skills
As you say, Venables is one of our most skilled players. His downside is that he has never had a complete year of football. Last year was his best since being drafted and it was only 2/3rds of a year from memory. His 2 years at Western Jets were both injury plagued. So will he ever get his body right to put in a full season? If so great, but I believe he will continue to be a 20 possession player as he is not at the drop of the ball or the bottom of the pack. which is more the inside role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spider Klein

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2009
Port Kennedy
AFL Club
West Coast
Berry has been playing a winger at Brisbane with the occasional inside stint. I would select him ahead of both Hutchings and Masten for the wing with Gaff on the other.
The Berry argument taking place would be meaningless if we had taken Duncan instead of Weedon or Stevens. That imo was the miss. There really wasn't any reason to miss Duncan there. And this isn't hindsight there was massive Duncan support at the time.

RanaNaved

Senior List
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Forget Venables over Berry

THIS was the clear stuff up for mine 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 726559

One is getting BOG'S in his second full season of AFL.

The other is still learning to kick a drop punt in the WAFL.
Yep big mistake. Can't change it though.

Worpel has tidied up his kicking and added outside run to make him a very well balanced mid.

Now, if we can get Ainsworth to hold a football properly and kick it properly we may......never mind

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast
Cripps v Sheed was a fu** up even though we all love Sheed ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hardly . Sheed won the lark medal for the best u18s championship player and had standout games in the wafl before that .

Cripps on the other hand was a chubby one dimensional clearance mid beating up on smaller kids .

No one knew he would grow another 2.5 inches and now beats up on everyone bar yeo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

archiemoses

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
This. Shuey was basically ready to go from day 1 but he couldnt get on the field. People on here were desperate to see him get out on the park just passed on training reports.
Shuey was never a high possession mid until he was well into his career.

DV has talent no doubt, but has more question marks than shuey over his ability to find it.

Top Bottom