List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Wise and Mysterious Oracle, what has thou foreseen!?
The club are quietly confident that the kids are developing nicely. Give them time. That said, they know where the holes in the list are. Lots of promising kids coming through this year we're keeping an eye on. Always inquiries in the background about recruits in other clubs this time of year, a couple of promising younger players that could play a role for us showing interest. Aquarius should be wary when making an impulse purchase this week; Saturn has a tendency til cloud judgement when in orbit of Round 23.

Where’s Cedric Cox at? Hasn’t played a game for the Lions this season despite playing 12 over his first two years. Contracted for 2020 but could be a good Jetta replacement that can push up into the midfield. Good kick/skills, quick but is a bigger body and stronger in a contest than Jetts. He was one I was wanting in his draft year. Thoughts?

Last edited:
He is the one I want from the draft, very much so, but it was said that we hadn't interviewed him at all - WTF.
No idea but was talking to someone whos been hanging around the U18 team.the leadership group voted to drop him but sumich over ruled them as he wanted to win to possibly boost his afl head coaching aspirations

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another kelly article today on why kelly should go to freo . It all comes down to what geelong want .

Kelly isnt contracted this time. Geelong dont have the whip hand anymore . They dont have his contract to fall back on and if they dont eventually except terms and meet in the middle he goes to the draft .

The article had kelly 2 first rounders one being top 10 .

But had a contracted hill getting a 900k contract but saints need to trade their top6 pick for two later firsts one going to freo .

Anyone know much about elijah taylor? We might be able to get him dirt cheap.im assuming he won't interview very well. Gets very homesick and is a bit lazy but with our strong indigenous culture we could sort him out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Elijah Taylor has a load of skill and will differ on where clubs value him at. I sense he is not the O’Brien sort. I can see him being an option if we lose Petruccelle or Venables but we are pretty well stocked in the forward line so not a priority for me. I am hearing his consistency is an issue. If he was still there at our second and assuming we go midfielder for our first two picks, I’d be ok.

Reality we have OAllen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Waterman, Venables, Petruccelle, Brander and Cameron all trying to fit in our forward line alongside JK and JD. Rather well stocked

Read yesterday that Port have asked several players with big contracts to move their salaries to next year as they simply don't have the cash. They can't afford to pay the full cap.

That is a major concern.

We need mids so does SPP come into play or are we past that now?

I would , I love his hardness and do or die attitude and can live with a few spray kicks ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Asked on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight whether Lyon’s exit would help Fremantle’s bid to snare Kelly, Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said: “I don’t think so.

“I’ve spoken to people around Tim and they’ve basically said ‘Fremantle’s still got no coach, it’s got no CEO, it’s got some of the star players leaving, look at Fremantle compared to West Coast’.

“He will make a decision not based on cash, because all three of those offers are pretty similar. He’ll make a decision based on what’s best for his football career and where he can win a premiership. I still think that is the West Coast footy club.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asked on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight whether Lyon’s exit would help Fremantle’s bid to snare Kelly, Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said: “I don’t think so.

“I’ve spoken to people around Tim and they’ve basically said ‘Fremantle’s still got no coach, it’s got no CEO, it’s got some of the star players leaving, look at Fremantle compared to West Coast’.

“He will make a decision not based on cash, because all three of those offers are pretty similar. He’ll make a decision based on what’s best for his football career and where he can win a premiership. I still think that is the West Coast footy club.”

Kerplunk

If John Ralph is saying that, then woah. It’s a certainty.

What pick would we get for Masten FA? Cant picture being much?
Given his age 3rd round is probably the best we could hope for, end of 2nd round at an absolute stretch but if it’s only a two year deal we may not get anything

Last year Collingwood got a 3rd round pick for Fasolo

Nah it will happen now if they are serious about getting TK.

Salary Cap dump. Cant re-sign him and get TK too. Next year we would promote someone like Brayshaw or Foley in the event of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back