List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree, Rotham isn't built to be that shutdown defender. He'd be ragdolled if we played him in Schoey's role.

I'm honestly super confused why it was even a possibility that Schofield could look elsewhere. We actually need him in the B22, because he allows both Barrass and Gov to play their own games. IMO it's become even more apparent this year with the poor form of Barrass in the latter half of the season.
Was waiting for this.
Rotham doesn't have to play Schofield's exact role, Barrass when in form can take the #1 fwd and use his leap to effect.

Shep plays tall as well.
Rotham plays as the 4th tall who can use his excellent reading of the play to intercept.

Teams are now targeting Gov and blocking him from contests, so Rotham will need to assist.

Was waiting for this.
Rotham doesn't have to play Schofield's exact role, Barrass when in form can take the #1 fwd and use his leap to effect.

Shep plays tall as well.
Rotham plays as the 4th tall who can use his excellent reading of the play to intercept.

Teams are now targeting Gov and blocking him from contests, so Rotham will need to assist.

Barrass just isn't as good as a stopper though. His natural game is very similar to Gov's, and when he's played as a 1v1 defender, he's been beaten quite a few times. I think he'll get there in time, just atm, he struggles quite a bit.

One from left field, I watched Hayden Ballantyne on the Front Bar and said he'd be open to playing for the Eagles if the call came. Won't happen but interesting.
Not even close to interesting. A long past it slow, injury prone hack who had one good year, and that was 2014.

2014 - averaged 2.45 goals a game. Didn't even get close to 2 goals a game in any other year. As a comparison...
Mark LeCras averaged 2 goals a game over his career and averaged 2+ goals a game in six separate seasons.
Eddie Betts averaged nearly 2 goals a game over his career and averaged 2+ goals a game in six separate seasons.
Phil Matera averaged 2.17 goals a game over his career and averaged 2+ goals a game in six separate seasons.

I'd rate Ryan, Cripps, Petrucelle and Cameron better than him. HB would be about as much use as a pork roast at an Israeli - Palestinian reconciliation dinner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One from left field, I watched Hayden Ballantyne on the Front Bar and said he'd be open to playing for the Eagles if the call came. Won't happen but interesting.

Gross. Just play Jarrod Cameron. We've got a pre season to get him into peak fitness. Have him run around the our forward half of the ground and just deal with the teething process.

2× under 18 All Australian ruck.

Shhh you'll ruin the Victorian narrative that Nic Nat fell from a coconut tree onto a football field.

He doesn't get AUSTRALYIAN football gaiz, he's blAck and has dreadlocks. Unlike all those other football geniuses in the ruck. Longer. Vardz. Mason Cox. Grigg. Mumford PhD. et cetera

Oh, he coaches West Coast's other rucks, does he? All the way through to a grand final hey?

Fine. BUt how many uncontested marks does he take on the half bak flank?!?!?!?

Does the AFL have a provision for players and clubs in our position with Rioli? Can we put him on the long term injury list and elevate a rookie into his spot?

I would not delist him with the idea to rookie list him. It would be too risky that another club would pick him up n the rookie draft before our pick.

If he keeps getting games, though, he will definitely face the wrath of posters like HT week in week out irrespective of actual performance.
If we're talking Facebook mouthbreathers, then Nelson is already the whipping boy.

Haven't seen such unwarranted hate at one of our own on there since Jetta was the whipping boy.
Hate is TOO powerful... more like disappointment. Players at this level making bad/no decision at critical moments... like being pinged twice in front of goal in the final against Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back