List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
If Cogs is attracting $1.1m offers, I can't imagine a B2B premiership winning side having that space.
Swans and hawks always managed to bring big names in. I know swans were COLA assisted but it can happen
Kennedy ,schoey and natanui(with injuries) will retire soon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Not exactly what you said, but the tigers added Lynch.
It will end up being at their detriment IMO - especially if they don’t win it this year.
Guys pushing through looking for a payday they feel they deserve will have to accept lesser deals to stay. That opens the door for the other vic clubs to start poaching. Or the interstate clubs for players of their state, as freo did with conca.

If they win more flags than it’s all worth it though. A great balancing act, is list management!

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It will end up being at their detriment IMO - especially if they don’t win it this year.
Guys pushing through looking for a payday they feel they deserve will have to accept lesser deals to stay. That opens the door for the other vic clubs to start poaching. Or the interstate clubs for players of their state, as freo did with conca.

If they win more flags than it’s all worth it though. A great balancing act, is list management!

Was losing Conca really detrimental to the Tigers though? :p

e8c64781-7bc4-4a04-ada1-f9ffee888afa.gif

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Was losing Conca really detrimental to the Tigers though? :p
Haha not really- he is a depth player to them. But you need strong depth, it’s a really long campaign and you need guys to step up if you get an injury. Or conversely keep the pressure on the guys that are playing to make sure that the standards remain high.

Having said that, when he was fit, they tended to play conca. He obviously was well rated by the tigers internally.

I use him as an example though. Those guys are the type that tend to move when 1/5 of the salary is eaten up by two players. (Martin and lynch)

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Any good WA kids coming through the U/18s for the draft year? Or will we use our first pick on Kelly? :think:

Any good WA kids coming through the U/18s for the draft year? Or will we use our first pick on Kelly? :think:

Spacey I will give you four names of WA kids to keep an eye on and also my thoughts .

Luke Jackson EF 198 90 Ruck KPP
Jeremy Sharpe EF 185 72 Mid / Def
Rhai-Arn Cox . EP 172 68 Small Fwd
Mitchell Georgiades S 189 82 Mid

I think that by drafting Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards this past draft that Jackson would not be our top priority.
Former Australian youth basketballer who had a good Championships last year. Kids still growing and is now 100 % on the football wagon having had to make the choice .

Sharpe is a silky one touch classy player who played of hb at last years Champs but will be an AFL Mid. Impressive young footballer.

Cox is the quintessential tricky small forward and has genuinely good skills.

Georgiades ..... my personal favourite of the quartet . Bigger bodied Mid that can kick goals.

I would rank them for us , when assessing needs and their skill set as follows.

1. Georgiades .... he has high ceiling IMO.
2. Sharpe - all class.
3. Jackson
4. Cox

Of the four above at this point in time I have a first round grade on both Sharpe and Georgiades.
Others won’t have Georgiades as high as me but that’s ok , I am happy with my assessment.

Jackson early second round grade , I don’t rate him as high as I did Bailey Williams this time last year. ( I had a first round grade on Williams and think we got a ******* steal where we got him ).

Cox late second early third round grade.

Like I said very early days .

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Not exactly what you said, but the tigers added Lynch.
Swans and hawks always managed to bring big names in. I know swans were COLA assisted but it can happen
Kennedy ,schoey and natanui(with injuries) will retire soon

Kinda feel like the clever arrogant B2B part was missed :(

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Spacey I will give you four names of WA kids to keep an eye on and also my thoughts .

Mitchell Goergiades S 189 82 Mid

I think that by drafting Bailey Williams and Harry Edwards this past draft that Jackson would not be our top priority.
Former Australian youth basketballer who had a good Championships last year. Kids still growing and is now 100 % on the football wagon having had to make the choice .

Sharpe is a silky one touch classy player who played of hb at last years Champs but will be an AFL Mid. Impressive young footballer.

Georgiades ..... my personal favourite of the quartet . Bigger bodied Mid that can kick goals.

2. Sharpe - all class.
3. Jackson
4. Cox

Of the four above at this point in time I have a first round grade on both Sharpe and Georgiades.
Others won’t have Georgiades as high as me but that’s ok , I am happy with my assessment.

Jackson early second round grade , I don’t rate him as high as I did Bailey Williams this time last year. ( I had a first round grade on Williams and think we got a ******* steal where we got him ).

I eagerly await BF users’ spelling of Georgiades and Petruccelle

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals

Mitchell Goergiades S 189 82 Mid

2. Sharpe - all class.
3. Jackson
4. Cox

Is Georgiades related to the former Subiaco player?

Is Georgiades related to the former Subiaco player?

Yes he is John Georgiades Son.

John also played 15 games for Footscray and kicked 27 goals , highlighted by a lazy 8 goals on debut against Carlton.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
In regard to Coniglio - I have nothing to substantiate it, but I get the impression that this is something that the club have been working on behind the scenes for a while now already.

I can imagine the pitch from our camp getting in his ear whenever they can:

"Remember Stephen, we're offering you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to win the premiership with the club that you grew up supporting - the rest is simply up to you..."

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
"Remember Stephen, we're offering you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to win the premiership with the club that you grew up supporting - the rest is simply up to you..."

Not a bad opening line. We've got our nose in front already.

I suspect we will hear very little from the club all year - seems we play our cards very close to our chests and pull out the big guns when the time is right.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
McGovern and Gaff will have hoovered up too much of our cap I suspect. But surely GWS will offer him heaps anyway

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
McGovern and Gaff will have hoovered up too much of our cap I suspect. But surely GWS will offer him heaps anyway
Not necessarily, I expect naitanui and JK will be taking significant paycuts, as well as the fact we should have cash left over from the 2017 departures + lecras, lycett and cap increases. Cogs doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke to be solely motivated by money either and the draw of playing in a premiership for the team you grew up supporting could be enough to get him over on unders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back