List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think he is seen as a last resort, use in case of bulk injuries player. Like big frase has been.

I thought he may have been selected this week but they are obviously prioritising Williams over him.

That plus the Beagles behefit frim having a decent ruck to help the mids develop and also not put too much pressure on developing rucks like Williams.

We were about to draft Scott Jones who played for us in the WAFL but the Dorkers cut our lunch. Has hardly been used.

Wonder if we would grab him if he became available.

205cm and 115kgs so a true ruck size.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the AFL has been doing its best to remove the Enforcer kind of player from the team.

If they keep punishing consequence in physical clashes then it makes it hard for that kind of thing to stay a part of the game.

How often has Robinson at the Lions been suspended?

You can be an enforcer and not get suspended.

SPP has that intimidation factor. Nic has it too.

I just dont see anyone in our squad. Nelson a tad maybe.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I just dont see anyone in our squad. Nelson a tad maybe.
images

Lol I don’t think too many players are intimidated by Jacko.

Is this perception still coming from that one game against Essendon when he tagged Zaharakis (the most taggable player in the comp)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
images

Lol I don’t think too many players are intimidated by Jacko.

Is this perception still coming from that one game against Essendon when he tagged Zaharakis (the most taggable player in the comp)

What's with the photo?

Go look at Woosha photo's off field when he was that age. Bit of a nerd. But when he crossed that white line the 'fever' would fire up and he'd run around trying to kill blokes.

And no Nelson is nowhere near Woosha level just to be clear.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
As it stands right now, we hold the following picks
R1 - 16 (likely to turn into 18 before FA and any other compensation)
R2 - 22 (Sydney's second based on them sitting 15th and that is about where it will be - +/- a spot or two but may be diluted with FA compo and academy picks)
R2 - 34 (our second and likely to be 36 prior to compo so likely to be 40 - 42 on the night)
R4 - 59 (St Kilda's fourth and I expect they will drop a further spot come season end)
R6 - 106

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Alright my Hickey is s**t thread got shut down by some nerd, so i'm just going to have to discuss it here.

Bad call, he’s far superior to Vardy and is a genuinely competitive AFL level ruckman. No superstar but he doesn’t lose you games and always try’s. Very Good role player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bad call, he’s far superior to Vardy and is a genuinely competitive AFL level ruckman. No superstar but he doesn’t lose you games and always try’s. Very Good role player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Read the last 20 pages cob. It's satire.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
R1 - 16 (likely to turn into 18 after we go B2B)
R2 - 22 (Sydney's second based on them sitting 15th and that is about where it will be - +/- a spot or two but may be diluted with FA compo and academy picks)
R2 - 34 (our second and likely to be 36 prior to compo so likely to be 40 - 42 on the night)
R4 - 59 (St Kilda's fourth and I expect they will drop a further spot come season end)
R6 - 106
EFA

Wce17

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
R1 - 16 (likely to turn into 18 before FA and any other compensation)
R6 - 106

So the question is how do we open up list spots to use these picks for players through the draft or trading.

From what I can figure out of the top
of my head the following players are currently out of contract.

Mutimer - Cut. Plenty of depth in this area with Rotham, Watson, Cole & Nelson are capable at AFL level.

Allen - Moved to rookie list. Ready for AFL. Awaiting opportunities. Consistently named in extended squad. Would have got a game at others clubs.

Achee - Moved to rookie list. Big mature Bodie. Versatile and can play a number of roles. Injuries at times and a successful team mean opportunities have been hard to come by. Good rookie list option IMO.

Nelson - New contract or used in trade. Currently in the best 22 and is playing his role. Is versatile can play defence and possibly a tagging role. People are kidding themselves if they think he will be delisted.

Jetta - Keep/Retire. Best 22. Found his role, calves are still holding out. Later start to his AFL career than most. Does he have the hunger for another year? How would possibly going B2B change his thinking? If he wants it, he gets another year.

Masten - Keep/Retire. Best 22. Only 30. Has looked cooked a couple of times over the last few years but to his credit he’s fought his way back. Plays his role, works hard. Do we currently have anyone who can play his role better? Would possibly going B2B be enough for him to call it a day. Won’t be delisted and doubt he’d be traded.

Schofield - Keep/Retire. AFL quality player who isn’t best 22 consistently because WCE are blessed for talls. Can’t see him leaving now as he is 31 and had plenty of opportunity to leave in earlier years. Seems quite content with his media gigs, marshalling the young eagles at the beagles & stepping into the seniors when needed. Would going B2B make him consider retirement to venture into the media world?

Watson - Upgrade/Keep on rookie list. Was always going to take a few years. Was raw when drafted but his talent was obvious. Has been close to a debut a number of times but injuries have stopped that. West Coast clearly rate him. Finally got his chance on the weekend and looked great. Can we keep him as a rookie for another year? Do we have room on the main list? We’d regret not keeping him in IMO.

Mciness - Delist. Not needed. Has been a great squad member but it’s time.

Brooksby - Delist. Not needed. Williams is showing signs and will be into his second year. We already have Nic Nat, Vardy, Hickey plus Allen although undersized has been serviceable. That’s enough rucks.

Smith - Delist. Good pickup for a year. But seems vanilla. Good runner but seems to have dodgy hammys.

So after all that not taking into consideration retirements/trades you’d end up with 3 mains list spots and 1 rookie spot available. We always went with a 39-5 list profile this year so we could go 40-4 which would leave 4 main list spots open.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
One area I think we need to address is the enforcer type. In the past we had Woosha, then Waters, Hunter and Chick had a bit in them.

Currently we have..........?

Just something Ive noticed recently we may lack.

yeah good point check out Will Gould if not available get Sammy Powell Pepper ..

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
yeah good point check out Will Gould if not available get Sammy Powell Pepper ..
I like Will Gould and there is a lot of Hurn about him.

Not sure if he is the enforcer sort as this is a quality more often displayed away from the carnival.

Now Barrass has shown what impact his body can do when he collides with people. We now need to teach him to have some fun and take his opportunities to split the pack and be that enforcer.

Unfortunately Nelson has the intent but not the body.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Trade Waterman and 1st pick to Carlton for Cripps 😍😍. Chuck in Masten too. The way Carlton trade ya just never know.

They get Waterman & M Mcgovern as FF & CHF. (BOTH AVERAGE OR SURPLUS) We get a gun inside midfielder before he gets too banged up.

6092d5fbdeba5e783ce29aaf68918b02.gif

“Trade two players I think are bad for one player I think is elite”.

This is like watching an infant grapple with processing object value. There’s a stage in development where kids think, for example, a small biscuit broken in half is actually better than a bigger biscuit, because two > one. Glad I got to see the footy equivalent.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Trade Waterman and 1st pick to Carlton for Cripps 😍😍. Chuck in Masten too. The way Carlton trade ya just never know.

They get Waterman & M Mcgovern as FF & CHF. (BOTH AVERAGE OR SURPLUS) We get a gun inside midfielder before he gets too banged up.
While we’re at it let’s offer Brooksby and Vardy to Collingwood for Grundy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back