List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen Jon Ralph's piece on the top 25 trade/FA targets? It's behind a paywall on the West Australian. This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if it contains a single iota of insight or information?

I can read it never realised there is so many good players possibly on the move .

Brayden Sier is about to sign a two year extension .

Also a fan of Dylan Stephens and Devon Robertson who most likely will go before our first.
Would we consider packaging our first and the Sydney pic and try to mover further up in the draft to secure one of these players ?

Has anyone seen Jon Ralph's piece on the top 25 trade/FA targets? It's behind a paywall on the West Australian. This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if it contains a single iota of insight or information?

Tim Kelly ...Ralph reckons Geelong should ask for Oscar Allen plus first round pick .
Ralph obviously rates Kelly .

Tim Kelly ...Ralph reckons Geelong should ask for Oscar Allen plus first round pick .
Geelong should definitely ask for that. West Coast should definitely say no.

Edit- To expand - A contracted Dylan Shiel, who had an AA year in 17, went for two 1sts with a future second coming back the other way. Why would we give more...

Last edited:
I can read it never realised there is so many good players possibly on the move .

Brayden Sier is about to sign a two year extension .

Would it be stretching the friendship for you to summarise any bits related to WC?

I assumed this would be the calibre of it. Just guesswork and conjecture untethered from what's actually plausible.

We drafted Allen over Kelly. To trade Allen plus a 1R for Kelly would be an epic self-own.

Would it be stretching the friendship for you to summarise any bits related to WC?

Only WCE reference is Tim Kelly reckons Geelong will want massive deal and our first two picks under # 25 won't be enough then says Oscar Allen as a Tom Hawkins replacement plus our first . Went on to say Sean Darcy wasn't impressed re Neale leaving last season so if Freo get active Darcy to Geelong is a chance .

Greenwood we aren't one of the four clubs interested ...Hawks , Saints , Brisbane , GC .

Bolton keen to stay at Richmond .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Oscar Allen leaves for Kelly it won't be us giving a first rounder.

He's so far off the table you could fit infinite tables between the first table and him.

Yes there is a 4-5 yrs age difference plus the WA teams better sort out Optus surface as TK struggled with foot problems through his 18s at SF .....just another risk with Kelly I reckon .

Geelong should definitely ask for that. West Coast should definitely say no.

Edit- To expand - A contracted Dylan Shiel, who had an AA year in 17, went for two 1sts with a future second coming back the other way. Why would we give more...
Because the idea of WC getting Kelly without ridiculously overpaying makes Jon Ralph cry in the shower. And he's not the only one.

No idea but Freo would have more cap space. Especially if Hill leaves.
Surely we offer 750k and Freo offer 850k?

Is the difference feasibly wider than that?

And you take the 50k haircut after tax to avoid playing for Freo. It's like a paid tollway taking you away from the island of mediocrity.

Last edited:
Then TK will pay for his greed - its his decision

Its all good.

If he chooses Freo over us for the money then thats great, we dodged landing a player who is there for the wrong reasons. And we hit the draft.

I have a funny feeling something big will happen this trade period for us. We are a very attractive club right now with a lot going right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back