List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i being paranoid or do other people agree with me that every article on Kelly coming out of Melbourne seems to be barracking hard for him to go to Dockers and not us, including that latest one today? Todays article has one piece of new information in it, i.e. that he has spoken in person to both clubs, and the rest of it is just mental masturbation on the part of the author that he go to Freo and not us. I mean, if you state at the start of the article that it is widely believed that his preference is to come to us then why would you spend several paragraphs and the rest of the article excitedly pontificating about the low percentage chance of him somehow ending up a different club?

The author is also deluding himself that Kelly might choose to stay at Geelong. Geelong have put their best offer to him by now and if he was going to stay he would have taken it. If you are going to stay where you are then you want to resign as soon as possible. If you do a knee in the next game and you are uncontracted then your next contracts value falls by 40%. You also don't meet in person with other clubs unless you have definately decided to go and already told the club of your intentions.

Dude it's fear.

Our only weakness is getting smashed in the contest. We get a fit NN and Kelly in and that's solved.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but I've had it on good authority from someone who spoke to someone who spoke to Tim Kelly's mum and he's staying in Geelong.

Multiple sources have heard the chatter according to our Baldivis expert.

Lyon’s departure may shake things up. Maybe Brad Hill will tell his GF to harden up a bit now. Maybe Kelly will be glad to go to Freo?
Hill has 2 years to run i would just say your not going anywhere .
Langdon they cant but they will get good compo for him .

What freo need is some better kickers of the ball

It would be a smart move by them . If we dont offer masto a contract you couldn't begrudge him continue playing without moving his family .
I promise you right now, this will not happen. He thinks Freo is a laughing stock. Will sooner retire than go to them

Yeah no chance, say what you will about masten but hes by all reports a great clubman and loves the club. No way he plays for lolmantle
If it's the difference between having to get a proper job and making $300k for another couple of years playing footy then he'd be stupid not to consider it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, I really wished we pulled the trigger on TK last year. Even though Geelong were being massive campaigners, I honestly think we should've gone through with it.

Geez, I really wished we pulled the trigger on TK last year. Even though Geelong were being massive campaigners, I honestly think we should've gone through with it.
They turned down everything we could offer pick wise. Meaning they were being unreasonable af

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They turned down everything we could offer pick wise. Meaning they were being unreasonable af

The tipping point was Geelong wanted our 2020 1 st but we stopped at 2nd Rd 2020 pick ..
Plus of course 2019 1st and our Sydney 2019 2nd Pick ..
Geelong were resigned to losing him so kept on pushing till a stalemate position appeared..
So yeah unreasonable campaigners..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not really that fussed on Kelly, the club should be doing as much as possible to lure Coniglio. If that fails so be it, unless Kelly nominates us and refuses to entertain Freo I wouldn't be going that far in discussions. You could lose a whole trade period on one player in those instances. Go to the draft. Freo aren't going to be anything special next year, good luck winning a Glendinning-Allan medal.

I'm not really that fussed on Kelly, the club should be doing as much as possible to lure Coniglio. If that fails so be it, unless Kelly nominates us and refuses to entertain Freo I wouldn't be going that far in discussions. You could lose a whole trade period on one player in those instances. Go to the draft. Freo aren't going to be anything special next year, good luck winning a Glendinning-Allan medal.

Yep all this. Couldn't agree more.

All Freo-trolling aside, if you were a star player would you want to move there? It seems like Fyfe's role in the side is unassailable and you'd risk tensions if you ever reached his level. For those of you who follow NBA, there has been a lot of coverage on these lines lately re LeBron. If you're in a team with him and you win, good work LeBron. If you're in a team that is losing, then it's your fault as LBG couldn't possibly be expected to take ownership of any of it.

TK would want a beer with Lachie Neale, methinks.

The tipping point was Geelong wanted our 2020 1 st but we stopped at 2nd Rd 2020 pick ..
Plus of course 2019 1st and our Sydney 2019 2nd Pick ..
Geelong were resigned to losing him so kept on pushing till a stalemate position appeared..
So yeah unreasonable campaigners..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty sure what you are saying they wanted isnt allowed in the current rules. Regarding taking 1st round picks over a number of years

Yeah no chance, say what you will about masten but hes by all reports a great clubman and loves the club. No way he plays for lolmantle
Why not . Former west coach forward coach justin longmuir could get the gig at freo . He would have a relationship with maston . 2 year deal 350-400k a year .
Masto would be a great mentor to the young mids about training standards and skills .
What if masto thinks he still has more to give ?
As much maligned as masto is on this board if he was a docker from day dot he would be in their best 22 ever

Last edited:
If kelly did choose freo it would be the smart thing for us to just say we are out .

We dont need to drive his price up pick wise to our finals rival.

They last few seasons have shown that freo are very hard at the trade table. They even walked away from the hogan trade at one stage .

Freo may have a much higher first rounder but overall the deal will be very hard fought especially if geelong cant get a bidding war .

Last edited:
If kelly did choose freo it would be the smart thing for us to just say we are out .

We dont need to drive his price up pick wise to our finals rival.

They last few seasons have shown that freo are very hard at the trade table. They even walked away from the hogan trade at one stage .

Freo may have a much higher first rounder but overall the deal will be very hard fought especially if geelong cant get a bidding war .

Whole new administration and culture brewing at Freo. They'll be desperate for a quick win to show progress. I can see them throwing the kitchen sink, breaking into their neighbour's place, stealing another kitchen sink, and throwing that one too, for TK. Get ready for silly season in Cockburn.

Whole new administration and culture brewing at Freo. They'll be desperate for a quick win to show progress. I can see them throwing the kitchen sink, breaking into their neighbour's place, stealing another kitchen sink, and throwing that one too, for TK. Get ready for silly season in Cockburn.
Silly cockburners incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back