List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDonald-Tipungwuti is still unsigned.

I know he would be a longshot but man he is a player that can solo lift a team really impressed with him this year.

From the Tiwi islands like Rioli.
Dreaming.

But if we did get him watch the lack of interest in him compared to at a big Vic team.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too soon to say definitively, of course. But at 199cm he's going to need to be freakishly athletic to be a full-time ruck. And I guess the other question is whether WC is developing him as a legit ruckman or in a hybrid role. I assume there are already some early indications in that regard. Hence my question.

He has a good leap on him - 94cm running jump - but I think he'll be a second ruck personally. Looks like a good athlete based on the game time I've seen.

So the mail is that the, cap space troubled, Port Power, have SPP, on the trade table.

View attachment 733364

Do we make an offer............ and if so ....... whats he worth?

Would Sydney's second rounder get him ?
The Shaker would add a different look to our midfield. He is a bash and crash player that would be ok. Erratic kick and likely to have more off field issues but I like his physicality.

Sydney’s 2nd is now pick 22 and will probably become about pick 25 to 27 after points and FA compo and Suns compo. Feels about right

How would we afforf him after trading for Kelly? Draft picks not $$$.

You would think the Kelly money would already been factored into our financial planning.

Not sure what Masten and Schofield would be on, but I would think that if we don't offer one or both of them a new contract then there is money available.
Other minor players also haven't been re-signed yet so the purse isn't empty yet.

Draft picks as I suggested the second rounder that we picked up from Sydney would be a very good start.

You would think the Kelly money would already been factored into our financial planning.

Not sure what Masten and Schofield would be on, but I would think that if we don't offer one or both of them a new contract then there is money available.
Other minor players also haven't been re-signed yet so the purse isn't empty yet.

Draft picks as I suggested the second rounder that we picked up from Sydney would be a very good start.

So sure the Sydney 2nd would likely do it but what about Kelly?

2019 1st plus 2020 1st?

Swans pick 23 for SPP and then we use our 2nd and later picks in the draft?

McDonald-Tipungwuti is still unsigned.

I know he would be a longshot but man he is a player that can solo lift a team really impressed with him this year.

From the Tiwi islands like Rioli.
Massively over rated. For the first time ever we have great depth in the small forward department, dont think we could fit him in even if we wanted to.

Is it school holidays over there again? I miss a day and there is almost 10 pages of sewerage to crawl through here...

Have been working out the text messages this week trying to get some view around what the purple implosion means for the postseason.

As far as I am being assured, T.Kelly still is preferring West Coast over Fremantle and will accept less money to be an Eagle than what the Dockers have on offer. He wants stability for his family as a priority and the recent happenings at Fremantle have, if anything, reaffirmed previous attitudes to where he wants to end up.
The biggest issue that seems to be coming out is from Geelong. Seems they want to stall now because they know Fremantle are about to try a ridiculous for him and want to pressure West Coast into coughing up more. The same source still believed the deal will get done, but also was of the opinion that Geelong will draw it out to the final day of trading, which will complicate potential deals elsewhere.

Zero chance of getting Coniglio unfortunately. Either he stays with GWS or joins the Hawks. Carlton with the money deal is an outlier. Final decision won't be revealed until after the season. Received a message that insinuated he will definitely be leaving if GWS fail to make a Preliminary Final. A lot of Hawthorn folk I have spoken to recently seem very confident that he will be joining them.

J.Martin will be putting in a trade request after this weekend. No specific destination other than Victoria. Carlton are going very hard for him, as are the Bulldogs. Blues are willing to use their first round pick to gain him - which if true is crazy.

S.Hill seems headed for a Gold Coast retirement fund.

His brother B.Hill is likely off to the Saints as they the highest pick on offer from the available suitors (pick 5).

Langdon will be leaving Fremantle as well - there is high confidence that Melbourne will get him in exchange for pick 20.

Gold Coast very keen on H.Greenwood, although he will only go there as a last resort option. Brisbane and Hawthorn are also interested so he may get a reprieve.

Patton is effectively already at Box Hill - fit and training yet refusing to play for even the NEAFL side. Fair to say the Hawks are not very welcome around GWS at the moment.

Fremantle are about to make significant plays for Acres and Powell-Pepper, using picks received from other trade deals.

One single piece regarding West Coast being linked to another midfielder (other than T.Kelly) but it is being very tightly kept under wraps. All I'm able to get is that the player has apparently been targeted for a while now, is currently in Victoria and is capable of filling multiple roles through the middle. Take of that what you will. My impression was definitely not an A grade signing. A Masten or Hutchings upgrade/replacement perhaps?
Good God- so Hawks are probably going to be right back in contention next year with Cogs and Patton. Good on them form leveraging their advantage but I still dream of the season neither Sydney, Hawks or Cats make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our picks are at present 14, 22, 32 and 59. Not sure that gets Kelly done.

Has it been clarified yet whether WCE are able to trade both this year and next years first rounders?

I think tge rule is 2 first rounders must be taken in a 4 year period, which might mean we can’t do that trade unless we can come up with another first rounder next year.

Has it been clarified yet whether WCE are able to trade both this year and next years first rounders?

I think tge rule is 2 first rounders must be taken in a 4 year period, which might mean we can’t do that trade unless we can come up with another first rounder next year.
Yeah looks like same rules. Can only trade 2 first rounders over any 4 year period.

Good God- so Hawks are probably going to be right back in contention next year with Cogs and Patton. Good on them form leveraging their advantage but I still dream of the season neither Sydney, Hawks or Cats make finals.
Well, as the song says...Two outta three ain't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back