List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know Karl Malone?
Image result for karl malone gif

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
No i didnt..Masten wont be an eagle. And Waterman has a problem with Cameron, Venables and then possibly Petruccelle if hes not traded.

If Venables didnt go down Waterman wouldnt be there now and we probably wouldnt of seen Cameron either.
Waterman doesnt play the same role as cameron , petch and venables .
He starts in the forward line but plays that hard running HFF role like lynch from adelaide . Tall with a big tank taking lots of marks and linking our mids to our forwards

Most of the time you see waterman taking marks in our forward line its because he has beaten his man back from up the ground .

Masten may go but waterman will be around a long time .

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So thinking about Brander, I would like to see him as the third tall defender in 2020. If we get Kelly, then we surely do not need him as a winger, that will be a mix of Gaff, Kelly, Sheed and Redden. Time to let Brander settle into a specific role and allow him to take the Schofield role. He has the stamina to run all day and would his kicking has been good. When he went back to defence in 2018 at East Perth, I thought he looked more comfortable and played well.

I do not want Oscar to be the master of every position. Him as the relief ruck and or third tall forward sounds perfect until, depending on JK's preseason. It will be important to let JK have a proper pre-season and if that means he is delayed a month or two, so be it. I would like to think we get another really good year out of JK and hence let's not compromise the start with his 3rd compromised pre-season.

Starting 2020 (assuming JK delayed)
Back 6
Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Jetta McGovern Duggan

Mid 6
Gaff Yeo Kelly
NicNat Redden Shuey

Front 6
Cripps Darling Waterman
Ryan OAllen Rioli

Bench
Brander Hickey Sheed Venables

Next in line:
Defenders - Nelson Cole Rotham Schofield (I would offer him a 1 year contract)
Midfield - Hutchings Brayshaw Ah Chee (may not stay depending Kelly) O'Neale Ainsworth
Forwards - Petruccelle Cameron Williams

Hopefully when JK has been rested and ready to go, he comes in and Hickey goes out.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I love how i didnt use my source about Venables at all and i never wrote that. So i love good ol Chinese Whispers.

Dont let the truth get away of a good yarn.

Waterman doesnt play the same role as cameron , petch and venables .
He starts in the forward line but plays that hard running HFF role like lynch from adelaide . Tall with a big tank taking lots of marks and linking our mids to our forwards

Most of the time you see waterman taking marks in our forward line its because he has beaten his man back from up the ground .

Masten may go but waterman will be around a long time .

Why are you taking a HT post seriously?

beatlesmith

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Roberts Rd
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Cavs, West Perth
Brander is the next Wayne Carey...mark it down. He aint no defender at WCE..

We have Govs, Barrass, Schofield and Rotham.

Wait but-

Brander plays nothing like Carey.
Duck was one of the most physically dominant and aggressive key forwards in AFL history. Brander is neither of those things.

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Masten news come from the Mail Man.

Schofield has come from everywhere but i suspect post season he will get a 1 yr deal.

Re-Venables Concussion-Career rumour came from lots as well.
Im happy as about that cos if you go back i bet on him for a break out game in that game to get 20plus disposals.
Game before he got 17. I love Venners and now that he has built up i feel hes going to be a jet. Long time serving midfielder at WCE

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Wait but-
View attachment 744164

Brander plays nothing like Carey.
Duck was one of the most physically dominant and aggressive key forwards in AFL history. Brander is neither of those things.

He did throw Ballantyne around like a rag doll once not at the Brumbies but a JLT cup game ....
No player is as good as Carey can't compare players to Carey hopefully Brander is a very handy third forward .

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Brander is the next Wayne Carey...mark it down. He aint no defender at WCE..

We have Govs, Barrass, Schofield and Rotham.
2 years in defence then shift to attack works as well.

My problem is that we have a log jam of taller forward options and Oscar seems to have gone ahead at this stage

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
2 years in defence then shift to attack works as well.

My problem is that we have a log jam of taller forward options and Oscar seems to have gone ahead at this stage
Ahh, but Brander is the tallest, and you know what they say: "They don't get shorter in the last quarter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back