List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a rubbery rule the AFL can do whatever it feeks like with. They love these rules, its subject to their interpretation when its enforced or not.

Do you think they will stop the Cats getting a better trade for Kelly?

Or force Kelly to go to Freo?

We traded our 1st in 2015 pick 17 to the Gold Coast for four 2nd rounders, one being pick 19. We traded that for two more 2nds.

We used the Lycett end of 1st to draft Allen.

We have recently smashed the draft with 1st and 2nd round picks.
Wasn't it we traded our first in 2018 for three second round picks in 17' and one in 18'. Allen was selected with the first second rounder in 17, this was the big pick (Allen or Kelly). I'd still take Allen with that pick today!
Lycett compo was traded to increase picks last year.

More importantly, whos the next whipping boy.

Fear the villagers may go after dugg. Sheed also a chance.

Jackson Nelson, especially if he keeps getting games with Cole and Duggan out of touch.

No pace, no exceptional field kick, doesn't kick goals, no silk on the outside, no grunt on the inside, just does his role, mistakes in the back line often lead to goals. Perfect candidate.

Jackson Nelson, especially if he keeps getting games with Cole and Duggan out of touch.

No pace, no exceptional field kick, doesn't kick goals, no silk on the outside, no grunt on the inside, just does his role, mistakes in the back line often lead to goals. Perfect candidate.
To be fair you just described a pretty average player

To be fair you just described a pretty average player

If he keeps getting games, though, he will definitely face the wrath of posters like HT week in week out irrespective of actual performance.

If he keeps getting games, though, he will definitely face the wrath of posters like HT week in week out irrespective of actual performance.
I dunno, Nelson's a funny one. I thought he'd be a solid workhorse midfielder early on in his career, I didn't mind him at all and then he just kind of dropped off the face of the earth until this year. He does show flashes of pace every now and then where he attacks off the half back line.

I saw a Demons fan group proposing pick 2 for Gaff, if the suns weren't going to get a priority pick you'd almost do this in a heart beat to secure Rowell or Anderson.

Don’t want to lose Gaff but I wondered last year if he’s there’s an agreement that despite singing a (rumoured) big contract that he will only see out a year of that contract so he didn’t finish his WC career the way that it was shaping up to finish and also for a shot at a flag. But for us it allows us to ask for more in a trade than what we would have got from compensation.

If this is to be the case and he wants to leave and Melbourne want him for pick 2 I’d take that. Geelong will ask for it but tell them to go f**k themselves and give them pick 22 and next year’s first for Kelly and their 2nd taking picks 2,13, 31 & whatever Geelongs second ends up being to the draft.

Out: Gaff, Pick 22, 2020 first, Masten
In: Kelly, Rowell/Anderson, Robertson/Jackson/Rivers, Pick 31 & 30 something.
Williams & Jackson being coached by Naitanui would be a seriously scary ruck duo for the opposition.

I know it’s probably wishful thinking sending our pick 22 and 2020 first for TK.

Don’t want to lose Gaff but I wondered last year if he’s there’s an agreement that despite singing a (rumoured) big contract that he will only see out a year of that contract so he didn’t finish his WC career the way that it was shaping up to finish and also for a shot at a flag. But for us it allows us to ask for more in a trade than what we would have got from compensation.

If this is to be the case and he wants to leave and Melbourne want him for pick 2 I’d take that. Geelong will ask for it but tell them to go f**k themselves and give them pick 22 and next year’s first for Kelly and their 2nd taking picks 2,13, 31 & whatever Geelongs second ends up being to the draft.

Out: Gaff, Pick 22, 2020 first, Masten
In: Kelly, Rowell/Anderson, Robertson/Jackson/Rivers, Pick 31 & 30 something.
Williams & Jackson being coached by Naitanui would be a seriously scary ruck duo for the opposition.

I know it’s probably wishful thinking sending our pick 22 and 2020 first for TK.

This made for some elite reading, but like you said, Geelong will almost certainly ask for 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bloke behind me at the footy complained about Masten every game . Shouting out every time for all to hear . Are you in section 524 hungrytiger

The only bloke behind you up, there is god himself.

Given god is omniscient, he must have been right about Masten (along with all other footy judges).

However I suspect HT is just obdurate and therefore not sitting behind you.

Wish all the mids we draft/trade in play 200+ games for us and earn a premiership medal like Masten.

IN: Kelly
OUT: Masten
Would be good. But...

Barring miracles Kelly will not be playing 200+ games for us. That's 9 seasons and he'll be 26 next year. Unless he's one of those Sam Mitchell or Luke Hodge types he'll at most be a 150 game lifetime membership player.

Logically I feel it’s next to impossible that gaff is leaving. Makes no sense to willingly vacate both wing positions in one offseason.

I’d say it also means we are fairly confident in getting Kelly.

Willies loss is a hug bummer. A fit Nic Nat and Add Kelly and willie to our mid rotations for the loss of masten and we are just about set. Plus Kelly minus willie with the way willie was progressing as a mid and it’s not much of an upgrade imo

The thing about Marsden which provoked the ire of most supporters, wasn't him being pick 3, but the fact he would always seem to put his hand up to be the player to make an error at critical moments in games.

That is the making of a whipping boy IMO, whoever does that.

He is the 'anti clutch' player. The sacrificial lamb who gives the opposition the clutch moment 🤦‍♂️

• Finally building some momentum after being put on the back foot, getting our act together, pressing the cats, we create a perfect opportunity to hit the scoreboard via two free players in space, this is it, some reward for effort - Marsden bizarrely takes 5 seconds to get boot to ball and is run down by a tackle from behind. He then turns and sprays Waterman like it's his fault. Big moment, Atkins the hero. Momentum killed ❌

• Game in the balance, defending well inside defensive 50, cats pressing in the last quarter - Marsden is tackled without prior but instead of releasing the ball, or even pinning it intelligently causing a stoppage, he drags it directly back into himself and is pinged HTB. Crowd goes wild. Big moment. Coughs up a direct shot on goal ❌

• Need to settle the nerves, retain possession for a bit, leadership needs to be shown here, cats have had all the momentum and we need to just chip it around and deny them the footy - Marsden switches back across goal and kicks it over Hurns head to bounce a couple times and go out of bounds deep in defense. Crowd jeers. Big moment. Coughs up territory and puts us directly back under pressure ❌

Things like that resonate even with 'casual supporters'.

It's not like he'd be the only player to make an error, far from it, it's just the constant theme of it happening at the worst possible time. Memorable errors.

Bare in mind he's not a kid, he's played 215 games and is a veteran of the club which doesn't do him any favours.

I like Nelson, even when we were going to cut him at the start of the year and he wasn't in our B22 i liked him. I hope he doesn't become a whipping boy.

Hutchings on the other hand.... i actually do see some of Marsdens 'anti clutch' traits in Hutchings.

The thing about Marsden which provoked the ire of most supporters, wasn't him being pick 3, but the fact he would always seem to put his hand up to be the player to make an error at critical moments in games.
100% agree with the above, almost amazing how often it happened.
What were peoples first thoughts / feelings whenever CM got his hands on the footy....for me it was always, oh shizen and a sinking feeling in the guts that a great passage of play's about to become a turnover!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back