List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not have to delist many next year with JK jetta schofield and hurn at the end

That's a very good point.

Perhaps they'll want to stagger the amount of retirements from the club at once. Give Hurn or Jetta another season.

Hurn could hit the 300 mark potentially if he played in 2021, even if it's not as skipper.

What i don't want happening would be retaining players who don't deserve it purely for 'list balance' due to retirees. See example 1. Fraser Mcinnes.

Not sure I’d be letting Vardy go unless another club comes knocking with a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder. Even then I’d be wary as we saw in 2018 that he’s capable of playing good footy and I’d be backing him to refocus and earn his spot back
I would be happy with a pick upgrade . Say vardy and our pick 31 for something in the early 20s

I’ll breakdance on your face

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Related image

All of Oz, Jake, and Brander will need to become things other than stay-at-home tall forwards.

The big issue for us is Naitanui. He's such an influence on games when he's on the park, so you've got to pick him when available. But for the 30 - 40% of the gametime when he is not: what do you do? You've got to compromise by picking a second ruck, or a pinch-hit ruck. You lose out with ground mobility or control in stoppages.
Jake Waterman is only 191 cm and has predominantly played all of his football as a 3rd tall. He filled in as the second tall in the U18 carnival in his draft year as WA were undersized. He is going to be a 3rd tall lead up link high half forward (like Adelaide Tom Lynch) but is never going to be a contested marking forward.

I watched a fair deal of Jake play as a junior and would never call him a stay at home tall forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keegan’s mrs Abbey Holmes has applied for the WA draftpool for the AFLW draft so that mean Keegan might still be on the list next year? She is a decent footballer and great if WC get her....which makes me think thats why we drafted him haha.
Maybe she shacked up with Luke on the side out in Fiji...

Starting with the 22 from the Geelong game minus plus Kelly and minus the 4 oldies (in 2020 JK and Hurn turn 33 while Jetta and Schofield will turn 31.) I see the future as :

Defenders -
Rotham (replacing Hurn) Barrass Sheppard
Duggan (replacing Jetta)Gov Nelson

Midfielders -
Gaff Yeo Kelly (replacing Masten - big assumption here)
NicNat Shuey Redden

Forwards -
Cripps Darling Waterman
Ryan O Allen (replacing JK) Petruccelle

Int: Brander (as 7th defender replacing Schofield), Hickey/Williams as second ruck/Fwd, Sheed and Hutchings/Cameron depending on what balance you want.

I am expecting a massive pre-season for Williams and suggest he will be ready to challenge for the second ruck/KPF role.

I would like Brander to be focussed on playing the 3rd tall defender replacing Schofield. BUT - without Schofield, we lack a lock down defender and neither Rotham nor Brander are the answer. Therefore Barrass needs to start playing the lock down role and not trying to be the interceptor. Tommy will need to know his role and be disciplined at it because a very good Barrass can be a massive improvement on some average games in 2019.

Whilst Oscar as the man for all positions has been handy, I think he needs to be focused on being the KPF. I cannot see JK being around at all for 2021 so the transition needs to start now. Will Simpson be brave enough to make the tough calls and resist "backing in the guys with credits in the bank"?

I am assuming we get Kelly so a straight in on Masto's wing.

So what about 2020?

The last 2 to 3 years has seen JK having an interrupted preseason meaning he has not been cherry ripe when he starts. This year he looked old and slow and I would very much want him to have a full pre-season so he should be taking as long as he needs. When he is ready, he comes in but not on an abridged pre-season - no rushing him back and no cutting corners. I can also see him as the non-travelling KPF but not sure what the stop start would do to him and his cover.

For Hurn, I see Rotham as his natural replacement and see us managing Hurn with Rotham playing about half the games. Hurn still warrants selection but were the couple of soft tissue issues this season an ominous omen?

So would all the exit interviews be done now? There haven't been any more announcements on the uncontracted mids.
I would say all exit interviews are done - the EBA has it that the clubs have to complete these the week after the season for the club has finished. There will be players who are told that their futures will not be decided until trade week has finished.

It was written that Schofield has been offered a 1 year deal

Some players futures might be on hold till trade week.

Ah Chee might want to go to Brisbane with his brother? I rate him and should have played more than 1 game this year so he might be on the way out. I see Nick Robertson is out of contract so maybe a straight swap with picks could be a goer?

Mutimer surely gets delisted.

Brayshaw i think will be offered another year to see if he can get a gig in the senior side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back