List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weed shown nothing in the 1's

Agreed. But hardly had a decent run at it. The longest stretch was 4 games in a row this year... and in the seniors this year he has played as a ruck forward in a forward line including hogan and McDonald.

He's a deep KPF so ruck forward not his natural position and with Hogan and McDonald there as #1 and #2 key forwards... inside 50 is crowded so he is gonna spend his time higher up the field..

Not comparing him in entirety to Darcy Moore, but we put 50 games into Moore as a KPD... many of which along the way he had little impact... but gave him that continuity in the KPF position.

Think Weiderman... depending on price... is one worth looking at. We definitely need another KPF on the list.

Will need to look at 190+cm names like Marshall, Wooler, Battle but these kids have signed on further with their clubs.

But Melb might sell contracted Weiderman for the right price as he appears surplus to their needs.

Unless Weideman is dominating at VFL level I can't see a strong reason for him with McLarty developing and as yet not able to win a senior opportunity.

Rather we focus on known quality in the kp area and/or head to the draft and let Hine make the call on the talent available.

It would be interesting to know if Hine rated Weideman as a junior as that would be the key to any possible interest you sense.

Someone who said JDG was no good for the first 3 years of his career shouldn’t really be potting the judgement of others.
That someone also said there's no chance we'd pick him up and abused others for suggesting we should.

Agreed. But hardly had a decent run at it. The longest stretch was 4 games in a row this year... and in the seniors this year he has played as a ruck forward in a forward line including hogan and McDonald.

He's a deep KPF so ruck forward not his natural position and with Hogan and McDonald there as #1 and #2 key forwards... inside 50 is crowded so he is gonna spend his time higher up the field..

Not comparing him in entirety to Darcy Moore, but we put 50 games into Moore as a KPD... many of which along the way he had little impact... but gave him that continuity in the KPF position.

Think Weiderman... depending on price... is one worth looking at. We definitely need another KPF on the list.

Will need to look at 190+cm names like Marshall, Wooler, Battle but these kids have signed on further with their clubs.

But Melb might sell contracted Weiderman for the right price as he appears surplus to their needs.

Weideman has has every opportunity to have a decent run at it, including extended periods with one KPF or the other on the sidelines over the past couple of years.

Hell Melbourne eventually had to shift their full back to forward line to find that second tall forward option so there was plenty of opportunity for him to step up.

He may be a slow developer or he may be a bust, but to this point he hasn't really shown anything at AFL or VFL level.

If we can't land Lynch, then we still need a ready made KPF.... especially as we are not going to be able to draft one this year.

Weiderman kicked 4 on the weekend to go with the 6 he kicked a few weeks back. Has 19 in 7 VFL games this year.

He doesn't have a future at Melbourne. The pies should be making enquiries....

Why him? Why not Larkey? Or Callum Moore? I likewise believe that another KPF option is important, but I’m not sure Weideman fits outside of his surname...

Weideman won’t displace Cox and I don’t think he has the competitive streak or the tricks we need of someone filling the other tall role. What would you be offering Melbourne for him? I think this is the last year he’ll have currency unless it clicks in which case they’ll keep him. We don’t have a 2018 second and I’m not sure we can afford a 2018 3rd because of Quaynor and Kelly. Do Melbourne accept 2019 picks for him? Probably not. It’s a hard sell on a number of fronts, IMO.

In a perfect world McGovern (either) are the ones that work if we miss on Lynch. Unfortunately it isn’t a perfect world!

I honestly believe that the only thing stopping us getting lynch is if we want him or not , maybe they would prefer another avenue

If we can't land Lynch, then we still need a ready made KPF.... especially as we are not going to be able to draft one this year.

Weiderman kicked 4 on the weekend to go with the 6 he kicked a few weeks back. Has 19 in 7 VFL games this year.

He doesn't have a future at Melbourne. The pies should be making enquiries....
I’m jumping on...we need more Weid...

Three years seems a bit for Thomas, but it might have been a bargain basement of 700 over three rather than say 600 over two.

Be higher than that I'd guess. The new AFL average is predicted to be in the $350-400K per year range so I'd be very surprised if Thomas wasn't up around the $1m over 3 years which if he continues to offer what we've seen this year still makes him a very cheap get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a few years back I was super keen on Sicily, stating we needed to strengthen our forward line and he could help Moore as a marking target. Was shot down by multiple posters about his ability to play key positions and overall value, a couple years later he is (or was until injury) a lock for an AA spot at CHB.

How times change, how wrong we can be...

I remember a few years back I was super keen on Sicily, stating we needed to strengthen our forward line and he could help Moore as a marking target. Was shot down by multiple posters about his ability to play key positions and overall value, a couple years later he is (or was until injury) a lock for an AA spot at CHB.

Me too. I loved Sicily. Plays on the edge, but definitely knows how to play.

Why hasn't Jamie Elliott started discussion on his new contract?
Has he had an offer put to him?
You'd have to assume injury has put a hold on talks. Don't see him going anywhere but the $ figure will be hard to gauge.

Probably will chuck him on a 1-2 year deal till he sorts his body out.

I told you so...

You'd have to assume injury has put a hold on talks. Don't see him going anywhere but the $ figure will be hard to gauge.

Probably will chuck him on a 1-2 year deal till he sorts his body out.

Agreed - and that should suit both sides. CFC will want a shorter term deal in case he doesn't come up longer term and Jamie will want to give himself the best chance for a more lucrative contract within the same period and back himself to justify that.

LOL Could you toot your horn any louder?!

Do you think the differences in approach, might be a problem?

I think Jamie's value is at an all-time low right now. Only way it drops further is if he gets injured again and can't get on the park.

The club would want to keep him, but I reckon their offer is substantially below what's he's worth if healthy (600ish) - it wouldn't surprise me if the offer that was put on the table is in the 300-range.
Jamie wants to get that as high as possible - and to do that he needs to show he can be healthy and be that 2goal/game player that we have seen.

The club would be silly to offer him big bucks right now (unless there's a strong market for him - which there's no rumours of) and Jamie would be silly to sign at his low point.

I think Jamie's value is at an all-time low right now. Only way it drops further is if he gets injured again and can't get on the park.

The club would want to keep him, but I reckon their offer is substantially below what's he's worth if healthy (600ish) - it wouldn't surprise me if the offer that was put on the table is in the 300-range.
Jamie wants to get that as high as possible - and to do that he needs to show he can be healthy and be that 2goal/game player that we have seen.

The club would be silly to offer him big bucks right now (unless there's a strong market for him - which there's no rumours of) and Jamie would be silly to sign at his low point.
Carlton? Brisbane?

Interesting to note that Langdon is OOC. He could be trade bait. I don’t mind him, he’s the type of player who on a Grand final day could be Leo Barry or Nick Riewoldt running into goal.

If Langdon was to leave, I think we could fetch a pick in the 25-35 range.
But if he did, we would certainly need another KPD to allow Schaz to be the HBF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back