List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound good for Sinkers.

In discussion with medical team and what his future holds.

Fasolo going nowhere.

Murray will be a Pie.. "hopeful a deal will be done by 2pm tomorrow"

Yeah I took out that Sinclair likely to retire

Ramsay probably hinging on Sinclair decision. If Sinclair stays suspect Ramsay gone and even if he Sinclair goes he may still be gone.

Were keen to get involved in Smith but couldn't work and might be due to being significantly constrained by fact a number of players in contract (doesnt stop other clubs) and not having a 2nd round pick to work with and wont part with pick 6.

I know they were keen on Tomlinson and that 2 weeks ago they were right into him.

Surprised more wasnt asked about Schache......that was odd.

Hard to see how it would work without help for Cox. He's not Jack Riewoldt.

With Cox playing second ruck/second KPF it would work better. Darcy would be very good down back.

Is there that much difference between a Moore/Cox combo and Reid/Cox combo? I don't think the output would change much.

My concern is that we want Moore to get better as a forward and he can't do that unless he plays there. But that's no biggie if it's a preaseason trial. Then it serves as adding flexibility to the team if we need to shake things up in game. And that's a positive.

Without going over this all again, we did a lot more last off season than just recruit Mayne and Wells, which seem to be the only deals that get brought up on review. WHE has been a solid pick up, Dunn was a steal and we still brought in 4 kids who project as best 22 through the draft despite not having a first round pick.

As for Port, this period could be the making of them. It also has shades of Brisbane circa 2009, where a team makes finals, overestimates where it's list is at and mortgages it's future.
Mayne aside, yes groan, last year was ok.
Hyphen and Dunn been fine, Wells and (I'm a mega spruiker of him) was totally worth it. We look so much better with him. Get 15 plus games 2018 were already better. Sublime skill.

With time to let it sink in over the past few weeks I’m one that’s become open to moving Moore down back. It makes this draft and any potential move on Lynch crucial because we need to find another avenue of attack, but it’s the sort of forward planning that we haven’t seen from Collingwood in a long time, IMO.

With time to let it sink in over the past few weeks I’m one that’s become open to moving Moore down back. It makes this draft and any potential move on Lynch crucial because we need to find another avenue of attack, but it’s the sort of forward planning that we haven’t seen from Collingwood in a long time, IMO.
Serious question based on this, would you give up pick and 1st pick next year for Lynch this trade period?

Would they accept next year's first plus say a top up player? I'm keen on keeping 6 myself.

But lynch......

(Don't think anything will happen today tomorrow by us, I'm just speculating and interested in your views)

Serious question based on this, would you give up pick and 1st pick next year for Lynch this trade period?

Would they accept next year's first plus say a top up player? I'm keen on keeping 6 myself.

But lynch......

(Don't think anything will happen today tomorrow by us, I'm just speculating and interested in your views)

If we're not entertaining a trade for him this year, we must be quietly confident of getting him as a free agent next year.

One thing is for sure, Suns won't win more than 5 games next year and he will be gone.

I like the idea of some forward planning rather than reactive moves. I remember calling for Crisp to be moved to half back a year earlier than it happened. You could see that need coming a mile away. Imagine if he'd had another 20 games experience in the role?

That said I really like the idea of Moore Lynch combo. If Lynch were to come i'd still play Moore forward. But with Moore given liberty to move high up the ground as a marking option and get out kick. He's great at that role and it plays to his strengths. Lynch as the forward anchor. That would be a killer combo.

But lynch......

This is how I’d play it if we can convince him to make the move.

They'll probably get pick 2 for him if he leaves as a free agent.

We should pick up some Gold Coast rookie for our first round pick next year in an agreement for GC to let Lynch walk as a free agent. Then GC will get Pick 2, Pick 18 for Lynch and rookie ;)

If all parties agree and he came as a FA then that’s the best way for GC to maximise compensation, IMO. Under that scenario we keep 6 this year and only give salary and downgrade our 2018 1st.

Is there that much difference between a Moore/Cox combo and Reid/Cox combo? I don't think the output would change much.

My concern is that we want Moore to get better as a forward and he can't do that unless he plays there. But that's no biggie if it's a preaseason trial. Then it serves as adding flexibility to the team if we need to shake things up in game. And that's a positive.

The difference is who has faith that RIED / Cox will be on the park enough, thus to continue with a Moore in defence project we are looking at a MAYNE / Cox forward line if Ried spends time out injured.

Get Schache DONE. Pick 36 & Oxley. Brisbane want him out obviously.

I only caught the end of trade radio (I forgot you guys are on daylight savings right now) but who was the Chris fella they were talking about?

Mayne! I keep forgetting about Mayne. Buried it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe...in the JLT games....as a test

You don't bother trialling him if it isn't a serious consideration for Round 1.

He would be training with the defensive group for alot of the preseason.

He was a quality defender as a junior, I think his traits are much more suited to defence, has a great reach, spoiling will be a feature of his game, and he has the ability to peel off and become a dangerous part of our transition from defence to attack, won't be many forwards that will be able to go with him.

The difference is who has faith that RIED / Cox will be on the park enough, thus to continue with a Moore in defence project we are looking at a MAYNE / Cox forward line if Ried spends time out injured.

Get Schache DONE. Pick 36 & Oxley. Brisbane want him out obviously.

I think context is key here. The comment was about a preseason trial. I don't think we're looking at a full season.

That said, if Reid were to be play a full season I would back him in to kick more goals than Moore. I appreciate it's a big if. But if Reid gets injured, you'd switch Moore forward. It isn't that big a deal.

You don't bother trialling him if it isn't a serious consideration for Round 1.

He would be training with the defensive group for alot of the preseason.

He was a quality defender as a junior, I think his traits are much more suited to defence, has a great reach, spoiling will be a feature of his game, and he has the ability to peel off and become a dangerous part of our transition from defence to attack, won't be many forwards that will be able to go with him.
Yes, you do.
That is one of the functions of the JLT games

I like the idea of some forward planning rather than reactive moves. I remember calling for Crisp to be moved to half back a year earlier than it happened. You could see that need coming a mile away. Imagine if he'd had another 20 games experience in the role?

That said I really like the idea of Moore Lynch combo. If Lynch were to come i'd still play Moore forward. But with Moore given liberty to move high up the ground as a marking option and get out kick. He's great at that role and it plays to his strengths. Lynch as the forward anchor. That would be a killer combo.

It’s a bit tall for me. If we feel confident we can pull off the move on Lynch I’d look at a Darling/ Membrey/ Gunston style forward to keep the forward line mobile and Moore provides the flexibility as you said by being able to be thrown forward.

One thing though I think they really need to settle Moore down. In the past 12 months that will be three new roles for him as the stay at home fwd, fwd relief ruck and KPD.

Like the Crisp move it’s good to feel a bit of a buzz about moves we’re making again. It hasn’t been this way for a while!

I'm actually warming to the prospect of Moore playing in defense TBH.

Happy enough with moving Moore to defence if that's where we're going. Moore is a certain gun defender and just a likely gun forward.

KPD are now more important than KPF. The forwards are harder to find, yes, but grossly overvalued (why I hope we're not getting Lynch). I think this is starting to change (eg. Lever and no interest in Schache), but it has a long way to go.

The reason KPD are more important? They can impact he game in more ways (stopping, intercepting as well as setting up) and are harder to shutdown. This is especially the case in finals where the lack of space and time is a big disadvantage for big forwards but an advantage for the defenders.

One of Moore's greatest assets is his flexibility and mobility, and this is becoming more important by the year. So, it may be he will play multiple positions.

It’s a bit tall for me. If we feel confident we can pull off the move on Lynch I’d look at a Darling/ Membrey/ Gunston style forward to keep the forward line mobile and Moore provides the flexibility as you said by being able to be thrown forward.

One thing though I think they really need to settle Moore down. In the past 12 months that will be three new roles for him as the stay at home fwd, fwd relief ruck and KPD.

Like the Crisp move it’s good to feel a bit of a buzz about moves we’re making again. It hasn’t been this way for a while!

I think we see Moore a bit differently in that regard. I think he has the mobility to make it work so i'm not so concerned about the height. His possession numbers might be the counter argument.

One other thing I don't like much is throwing around your back six too much. I prefer to send a forward back to add numbers than taking out your CHB to go forward. It's unsettling. Although i'd be open to Howe having stints forward given the cover Langdon and Shaz provide in our mix.

On the Membrey / Darling style forward we might get lucky this draft with someone like Wooller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back