List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Discussion in 'Collingwood' started by ChubbyGallon, Oct 20, 2016.

Put it out there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soreplums

soreplums Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Matthew Buntine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. loki04

loki04 Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:

[​IMG]

Obese Arachnid and Apex36 like this.
  3. magpies42

magpies42 Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    collingwood
    I think we have a few holes,small running half back...Crisp and Varcoe used through there meaning one less midfield rotation, and small crumbling forward...all our current forwards mark the ball. If we were to get another quality mid it would allow a Steele, Pendles or even De Goey to play more forward and straighten us up with their smarts and good delivery into 50...likewise Varcoe and Crisp down back.

Needless to say also our midfield and transition ball use and decision making could do with an upgrade. That to me is our biggest weakness requiring improvement, even more than our KP stocks.

Teams are getting away playing small, it’s the modern game and although a gun KP forward or back would be great I don’t think we’ll get a Lynch and it’s not worth bringing in second rate players. I’d prefer to trial Cox and Mclarty next year.

4. THATSGOLD

THATSGOLD Brownlow Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    collingwood
    Gee Eddie has put some weight on...

5. Tradethefarm

Tradethefarm Debutant

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    With a little luck we've got the picks to pull this off

HF: Patmore Butts Goldsack
    FF: Bonar Cox Sidebottom

6. Jafo

Jafo Team Captain

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Have had a few could have beens over the years. He's one but couldn't cut it in Seniors. Others that spring to mind are Karnezis and Broomhead.

Now before you argue with me on Broomhead ( in case you do), been in the system long enough to pay some dividends. Even if you include injuries, I would say Sinclair has rated better in seniors than Broomhead. Yet, he does quite well in VFL level.

As Marcellus Wallace would say, if you were gonna make it, you would have made it by now.

7. Boris the Contradiction

Boris the Contradiction Premiership Player

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I agree he's had time, but I can see why they've persevered. He's got pace and genuine kicking skills which is a combo we don't have a lot of. To be honest though, I think this coming season should be his last shot.

What I can't understand is the level of patience and hope that so many on here have for Sinclair. He's had eight full seasons on our list for 63 (largely below par, often horrible) senior games which is less than eight games per season. The last four seasons have yielded 5, 6, 13 and 0 games.

I accept that he has been better in his last fifteen or so games (played over nearly three years) since being shifted to the backline. But having said that, he has still only been an average contributor. He has gone from being a terrible player to an average/passable one who can contribute and play his role, but even then he hasn't been on the park to play one of these passable games in eighteen months.

We should have cut our losses long ago and focused on using his list spot to find a better talented player who isn't held together with paper mache, but surely the time is now? Is he contracted for next season?

Roverjg and Big Bryza like this.
  8. Jafo

Jafo Team Captain

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Didn't we also miss out on the Pav the year he was drafted? We took Josh. Then Danny Roach at 7.

Though, spare a thought on Richmond (maybe not this year. Maybe not ever actually). But they missed out on Buddy and Roughead? For Deludio and Tambling. I think that was Mr Plow's watch too and now he advises the masses on what clubs, players and coaches should and shouldn't do.

Sure he knows more about the game than me but that makes me laugh a lot. Same as wanting to be a millionaire but always taking advice off of someone that has never been a millionaire.

SpongePie likes this.
  9. Tradethefarm

Tradethefarm Debutant

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Roach was a shocker but Freo would have taken Pavlich first if we didn't downgrade (they knew our priority was a key position) and stuck us with Hasleby.

Jafo likes this.
  10. Kings_Gambit

Kings_Gambit Debutant

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Troy Menzel delisted. Is he worth a gamble?

11. Apex36

Apex36 Premium Gold

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    The trade shouter is as accurate as the trade whisperer, so you should be happy. Pretty much guaranteed that Taberner won’t be at Collingwood next year.

Mkcaptain likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Apex36

Apex36 Premium Gold

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    It will be good to see how he develops if he can get a good run at it. Showed some good signs early this year.

13. Apex36

Apex36 Premium Gold

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    No

14. Saintly Viewed

Saintly Viewed Carbine 1890

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Ah, The Shawshank Redemption.
    What did you call me?.... obtuse.
    You can have a month in the hole to think about it.

Matz likes this.
  15. Roverjg

Roverjg Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    LOL. ....Exactly what we need for a priority pick in next year's super draft

whiskeytown likes this.
  16. Matt_352

Matt_352 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Be interested in Wigg or Fiorini for the right price

soreplums likes this.
  17. Spuddd

Spuddd Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Can categorically confirm that's not Buntine.

18. Matt_352

Matt_352 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    100% isnt Buntine. Looks familiar just cant put my finger on it

19. FIGJAM

FIGJAM FigBooty Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    VFL Magpies
    I'm not allowed within 150 feet of her, which I see as an encouragement as I've never even been that close.

20. Big Bryza

Big Bryza Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Agree on Sinclair. It's the old, the longer you're injured, the better player you become. He's simply just not that good. People just want him to be good because we severely lack quality players of his type. Such as a Rory Laird, Nathan Wilson, Zac Williams etc.

MagpieBat likes this.
  21. Big Bryza

Big Bryza Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    No, lazy campaigner.

Hardas likes this.
  22. Dead Eye Didak

Dead Eye Didak Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    I still think we are sniffing around Schache :

"Leading AFL player manager Alex McDonald says that Brisbane youngster Josh Schache may still be on the move this trade period.

The 20-year-old forward is managed by David Trotter, an employee of McDonald Sports & Talent Management – the firm that McDonald is the managing director of.

While Trotter earlier this week told afl.com.au that all signs were pointing towards Schache honouring his Brisbane contract and staying at the club in 2018, McDonald believes the door is still open for the forward to potentially seek a new home this year.

“I can never say never on those things,” he told SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Things can happen. After what we saw with Tom Boyd and then (Sam) Mitchell and (Jordan) Lewis last year, nothing surprises me anymore.”

Schache has long been linked with a move to Richmond, with the club confirming they were interested in the 2015 number two draft pick before he inked a two-year extension to his current deal at the Lions in June.

The 199cm forward has played 27 games for the Lions across his first two seasons of senior football, booting 25 goals."

23. Jafo

Jafo Team Captain

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    As good as Josh was over time, do you think he could have been better but we ran him into the ground early in his career like Watts on Queen's Birthday and beyond?

24. Dead Eye Didak

Dead Eye Didak Club Legend

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    The Ed mystery photo....the only resemblence of a player l can see, with the mo and stubble beard and in part the curly/wavy hair up top is Watts.

TradeDraft likes this.
  25. GoalSneak07

GoalSneak07 All Australian

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Orlando Magic & Florida Panthers
    Sharrod Wellingham's not getting a new contract with the Eagles. Could we bring back our premiership hero and finish his career off as a Magpie? Still think he has a few things to offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.