List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even big on Smith so I wouldn't mind him signing on with GWS but unlike you Loki I guess we differ and I'm a bit more optimistic. Each to their own. Nick Davis comes to mind as one who said he loved it in Melbs and would sign on. There would be many other examples. It's also not like Collingwood to lure GWS talent is it?

One of the things the club has done very well is set us up in a social context to luring GWS talent. Can't call them kids anymore, and a they'll be plenty of FA once they hit the right age and it's only a year or two away for when that happens to.

I'm not saying he 100% wont come, Im saying going of his comments it looks like he wants to stay a Giant and likely will.

Nick Davis never said he wanted to sign mid year in fact it was well known before the end of season he wanted back to Sydney.

Treloar is the example who said similar things re club and mates to Smith but Treloar put his contract off till end of season was no mention of hoping to sign by mid year.

As for other GWS talent I have no doubt our club and others will put time into trying to lure them to Vic.

Clubs are pretty devious when it comes to getting players from another club.
They will up the ante on a player even if they're not interested, (Smith in this instance) so GWS has to pay more to keep him.
This leaves less in the kitty and may result in the player they're actually interested in becoming available.
Don't know if that's the case here, just know that not everything is as it seems.

Yep they did it with Treloar and D.Shiel.

GWS didn't have more then 500k to offer Treloar which is what they reportedly got Shiel to initially sign on for, other teams had a larger offers in front of both players leaving little wiggle room for GWS as other contracts ate away their cap.

I'm not saying he 100% wont come, Im saying going of his comments it looks like he wants to stay a Giant and likely will.

Nick Davis never said he wanted to sign mid year in fact it was well known before the end of season he wanted back to Sydney.

Treloar is the example who said similar things re club and mates to Smith but Treloar put his contract off till end of season was no mention of hoping to sign by mid year.

As for other GWS talent I have no doubt our club and others will put time into trying to lure them to Vic.

Nick Davis didn't say an exact time but does that matter? Splitting hairs aren't you? Nick Davis led the club to believe he was going to sign on. Many other players have done the same.

Last edited:

Not overly unless we start to hear grumblings that he is unhappy or considering the offers.

I would say Grundy and management would be testing the waters re his market value to maximise his next contract with us.

True. There is no talk of Leaving and I guess his Management not doing there Job by Trying to get best Deal they can get

Treloar said the similar thing when we where 1st Linked to Him
Yeah no he didn't. Treloar was always insistent that he was going to talk contracts at the end of the year. Smith saying he wants to be re-signed by mid year is light years away from that.

So with Grundy's Manager Reportedly saying He is waiting to end of the Season. Could that be worth being very worried?
Last time I heard, Grundys manager refused to comment when he was asked about it. Do you have a link to this supposed revelation?

Pittard, Saad, Reid snd Trengove are who we should be after.

Edit: hope the club has paid most of Maynes contract out this season because he was about to be delisted at freo.

But i also think we should trade back in Paul Seedsman, he was a bloody legend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time I heard, Grundys manager refused to comment when he was asked about it. Do you have a link to this supposed revelation?

Just what I Read on Twitter and Here.

Far as I thought that his Manager said that he is Contracting on Footy and Contract Talks come later in the year

Just what I Read on Twitter and Here.

Far as I thought that his Manager said that he is Contracting on Footy and Contract Talks come later in the year
The only thing I've seen here was the report on ch 7 that his contract talks had been put on hold by his manager refused to comment when contacted.

As for Twitter.... you can't spell twitter without twit, which coincidentally the majority of its users are. Don't trust anything you see on there.

As for Twitter.... you can't spell twitter without twit, which coincidentally the majority of its users are. Don't trust anything you see on there.

Depends on the Account but Bit Like Here. Lot of Crap Talked

Depends on the Account but Bit Like Here. Lot of Crap Talked

Dave if Grundy leaves the Pies then they might get as well lock the doors.

Dave if Grundy leaves the Pies then they might get as well lock the doors.

Hope you are Right. I am very Confident he is going no where but just can't 100% Commit to him Sure not Going No Where. Don't know why

I understand their rational. Young squad and grabbing a few blokes who offer short term bigger bodies to give coverage to the top end draft picks they've added while still managing to grab a couple of potential gems. Much as we did adding the likes of Russell and Young.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to it but I think Carlton grabbing Palmer's salary helped them get Pickett and Marchbank,

He's like another Paul Seedsman... Has 1 or 2 good games in an entire season flashy but no substance.
Nah, Paul Seedsman doesn't have his agility and side step.

Think our biggest weaknesses are our kpp and outside mids.

Trade in Lever
S.Reid as a FA
Use 1st Pick on Key Forward or trade 1st pick for young Key forward ala Schache, Hipwood etc.

Those 3 would sort our KPP out I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back