List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughead at FF, allowing to Cox be a target further up the field. Allows us to play Mihocek as a swingman.

Forward line consiting of
Elliot Roughead De Goey
Stephenson Cox Hoskin-Elliot
(Thomas and Mihocek on bench)

Would certainly cause plenty of headaches for backlines league wide!

Scharenberg started out as an aerial intercept defender and was pretty slow even back then. He's bulked up in recent years as his knees aren't up to the leaping like before... playing more as an undersized key defender

Scharenbergs lack of pace was never a disincentive to draft him, and Hores lack of pace similarly.

But Hore is no good 1 on 1 apparently... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, think you're choosing to re-write history just a tad there, not to mention just wildly throwing up diversionary tangents.

To respond to your assertion though (as I'd hoped you do with mine) Shaz was widely considered 1 of the very best prospects in his draft year and was drafted accordingly. Hore is 22-23 and has been over-looked in multiple drafts by 18 sides so clearly it's not just his lack of pace that's the issue, but it certainly compounds his poorer 1v1 ability.

Happy for you to think whatever you like though, I just disagree. I'd have him well down the pecking order of players that I'd like from our VFL squad and I'd suggest he'd be well down the order of potential HBFers selected at senior level if we did draft him.

When you feel like getting back on subject and explaining why Hore could do the same job Langdon does for half the money I'll happily revisit the discussion but given we now seem to be completely avoiding that I'll leave this there.

Roughead at FF, allowing to Cox be a target further up the field. Allows us to play Mihocek as a swingman.

Forward line consiting of
Elliot Roughead De Goey
Stephenson Cox Hoskin-Elliot
(Thomas and Mihocek on bench)

Would certainly cause plenty of headaches for backlines league wide!

It might casue some headaches, but not as many as it would if you kept Degoey as our full forward. The guy is beginning to develop a Gary Ablett Snr/Allen Jakovich type of presence. By all means look for better versions of Cox and Mihocek, but keep Degoey at full forward.

Hmmmm, think you're choosing to re-write history just a tad there, not to mention just wildly throwing up diversionary tangents.

To respond to your assertion though (as I'd hoped you do with mine) Shaz was widely considered 1 of the very best prospects in his draft year and was drafted accordingly. Hore is 22-23 and has been over-looked in multiple drafts by 18 sides so clearly it's not just his lack of pace that's the issue, but it certainly compounds his poorer 1v1 ability.

Happy for you to think whatever you like though, I just disagree. I'd have him well down the pecking order of players that I'd like from our VFL squad and I'd suggest he'd be well down the order of potential HBFers selected at senior level if we did draft him.

When you feel like getting back on subject and explaining why Hore could do the same job Langdon does for half the money I'll happily revisit the discussion but given we now seem to be completely avoiding that I'll leave this there.

Mihocek was overlooked in multiple drafts too... must be a dud too.

Langdon and Hores age, size and ability are comparable. One is holding out for more money, the other will be on a draftees wages. Simple really.

Langdon and Hores age, size and ability are comparable. One is holding out for more money, the other will be on a draftees wages. Simple really.

Again, not sure why Mihocek is relevant but whatever.

Not sure why there's so much salt about Langdon's contract or the derogatory assertions. He's just as entitled as any other player to try and squeeze as much money as he can from these negotiations, just as the club is free to try and sign them for the bare minimum. He's contracted till the end of October and I'm confident he'll re-sign. When doesn't really matter.

My assessment of your Hore v Langdon change is that yes, it's could cost us about 1/2 as much, but I doubt we'd get 1/2 the return and certainly can't see how weakening our defensive group is in any way a good thing.

Not sure the club needs to be shooting itself in the foot just to save a few bucks or if that's a recruiting strategy I'd like us to pursue.

I'll leave it there.

One's a proven AFL player, the other isn't. From what I've heard, respective pace is a massive point of difference.

The ire that gets directed at some players for having the audacity to negotiate and not just accept the first offer is beyond me.

So you saying hore would sell himself ?

:eek:

16%2B-%2B1

If May does come Dunne and Goldy wont play much senior footy next year.

May / Howe / Langdon will be the talls and Maynard / Crisp / ? . Maybe Goldy is the 7th defender.

They probably also take Kelly in the draft.

If they get a decent offer for Langdon I can see him going.

If May does come Dunne and Goldy wont play much senior footy next year.

May / Howe / Langdon will be the talls and Maynard / Crisp / ? . Maybe Goldy is the 7th defender.

They probably also take Kelly in the draft.

If they get a decent offer for Langdon I can see him going.
If we lose Langdon and get Kelly i'll be happy enough with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clangers has excellent closing speed and a record of playing at the highest level. Hore is fantastic in the VFL but the gap in standard between the two comps makes it be pretty foolish to assume or rely on him replicating it in the AFL.

Tbh I'd just pay Clangers the money he wants. Imo one of the reasons the defence has worked really well this year is because we've got a group who've consistently been playing together for 2-3 seasons minimum. Especially the guys who are expected to zone off and intercept mark and spoil - a lot of time goes into building the kind of chemistry to defend that way effectively. I wouldn't risk interfering with it for a few extra $$$.

forget the langdon to the gold coast.. 1st round and thomas for May i would take in a heart beat

View attachment 559842
Would only do this if we were going to draft a small forward who's ready to go. Rankine is amazing but we probably need a top 3 pick for him. Ian Hill is an option imo. He seems to have gone out of fashion a bit but in terms of pure talent he's right at the top of this years draft.

Thomas is untradeable for mine, and like the Aish and Phillips noise having an air of personal dislike about it, it seems to be coming from dinosaurs who still hold a grudge that he took a pill at a music festival.

The Age's Real Footy Podcast just had a whisper on their "Just Between Us" segment, suggesting Bulldogs may potentially be open to using Pick 6 on either Darcy Moore or Steven May.

Is there any evidence of Langdon 'holding us to ransom' or is it just innuendo based on him having not signed a contract extension yet? It's not uncommon for boys to put contract talks completely off until the end of a season if they are happy and looking to prove their worth for their next contract. I'd be stunned if Langdon goes anywhere, we'd be stupid to let it happen to.

The bloke is reliable, flexible and durable. We need more of his type in the back half, not less. I'm sure this would upset some, but I'd be sacrificing Scharenberg well before I'd be letting Langdon go anywhere.

Is there any evidence of Langdon 'holding us to ransom' or is it just innuendo based on him having not signed a contract extension yet? It's not uncommon for boys to put contract talks completely off until the end of a season if they are happy and looking to prove their worth for their next contract. I'd be stunned if Langdon goes anywhere, we'd be stupid to let it happen to.

The bloke is reliable, flexible and durable. We need more of his type in the back half, not less. I'm sure this would upset some, but I'd be sacrificing Scharenberg well before I'd be letting Langdon go anywhere.
I doubt it. I think it's purely his management holding out, because when he signed his last contract he said he was old-fashioned and wanted to be a Pie forever, because we were the only ones who showed faith in him. I doubt anything has changed since then. If anything it's become a better environment.

My only inkling that he may be holding us to ransom comes out of wearing a tinfoil hat. He lives with Darcy Moore, and during the bye week jetted off with him and Elliott to NZ, who both also have been holding out on contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back