List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Unless they're retirements - and I don't think we'll have any, I reckon that we will be trying to move the delistings to new clubs for their sake rather than trade benefit. Thus I don't see why we'll officially delist until the end of trade period.
You wouldn’t want to free up cap space delisting players who aren’t giving the senior side potential and upside?

The window is open so getting Beams will only assist that.

I would look and trade Josh Thomas and pick 18 for Beams and Pick 44, With Beams and hopefully Elliott back next year is Thomas even going to be best 22 so to move him on would be a smart move.

We could even grab a player like Lonie from St Kilda for a future 3rd just to give us depth in that small forward position in case Elliott doesn't get up - Lonie isn't as bad as people make out - Solid small forward for a team that couldn't get the ball down there.

Ins via Trade - Roughhead, Beams and Lonie
Ins Via Draft - Quaynor, Kelly and Bosenavualagi or Mini Grundy

7 Outs - Thomas Via Trade, Fasolo Via Free Agency, Murray Via Asada, Blair, Kirby, Oxley, Smith

Leaves a spot for a list upgrade of Brody Mihocek as well.

If Ned Guy could complete this year 1 I would be very happy.

It will also leave us in a good position for next year with our 1st rounder still there and the Wells contract finally over. that will assist in signing up Sier, Crisp, Adams and Phillips who are all out of contract next year and will need a few extra $$'s.

You wouldn’t want to free up cap space delisting players who aren’t giving the senior side potential and upside?

I don't think you understood my point.

I think that we will delist players and have already decided on most of those delistings, but won't officially announce delistings until the end of trade period, as we will be trying to get them to new clubs.

If that’s the case, would love Scully at collingwood, great two way runner with pace
Yes he would have been good but I can only assume we were already focused on Beams. Its interesting how he passed the tests but is still having problems at times with weight-bearing and swelling. The Hawks have backed their medico team in to have him right.

I also heard today that we stopped chasing May prior to the start of the trade period because of the cost involved. Hence why May didn't announce he wanted to come to us. He and his manager are supposedly aware (as is Melbourne) that the only place he has a chance of landing is Melbourne. If it doesn't work out, he will sign a long-term contract with GCS.

Yes he would have been good but I can only assume we were already focused on Beams. Its interesting how he passed the tests but is still having problems at times with weight-bearing and swelling. The Hawks have backed their medico team in to have him right.

I also heard today that we stopped chasing May prior to the start of the trade period because of the cost involved. Hence why May didn't announce he wanted to come to us. He and his manager are supposedly aware (as is Melbourne) that the only place he has a chance of landing is Melbourne. If it doesn't work out, he will sign a long-term contract with GCS.

Is this serious? My assumption is that that is hogwash to try to get Melbourne clubs to pony up this year rather than waiting until he's a free agent next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound about right with may.
Scully is the interesting one, a lot of those injuries can take up to 12 months to come good. If he can be got right, very good get.

FA compensation carries no points value to the best of my knowledge so pick 57 would need to be exchanged for another to gain any.

We need to keep in mind clubs can't bank a whole lot of picks for points now either and have limitations I believe that are linked to available list positions at the time of the draft.

So as it stands presently if a bid on Quaynor did come at pick 15 it would be worth 890pts after the discount has been applied.

Our selections at picks 51/56 are worth 453pts. Deficit 437pts.

As a simple example if we exchanged pick 57 for Brisbane's pick 55 as part of the deal for Beams it would gain us a further 207pts.

That would give us a new total of 660 pts with a deficit of 230pts representing a slide if based upon pick 18 as the stating point in season 2019 falling to a pick around 25.

If instead we exchanged pick 57 for the Western Bulldog's pick 63 as part of the deal for Roughead it would only gain us a further 112pts.

In this example our new total would be 565pts and with a deficit of 325pts it would represent a slide from pick 18 to a pick around 28.

Of course in both of these scenarios we have no points remaining for Kelly.

Last edited:
Getting Beams will release sidebottom back to a wing, Sidebottom on one wing, Phillips on the other, We already have to of the best runners in the AFL
Sidebottom Plays a lot of time on the wing already, more likely releases him forward more.

FA compensation carries no points value to the best of my knowledge so pick 57 would need to be exchanged for another to gain any.

We need to keep in mind clubs can't bank a whole lot of picks for points now either and have limitations I believe that are linked to available list positions at the time of the draft.

I had forgotten that academy players now garner a 25% discount instead of 20%.

So as it stands presently if a bid on Quaynor did come at pick 15 it would be worth 834pts after the discount has been applied.

Our selections at picks 51/56 are worth 453pts.

As a simple example if we exchanged pick 57 for Brisbane's pick 55 as part of the deal for Beams it would gain us a further 207pts.

That would give us a new total of 660 pts with that deficit representing a slide if based upon pick 18 as the stating point in season 2019 falling to a pick around 23.

If instead we exchanged pick 57 for the Western Bulldog's pick 63 as part of the deal for Roughead it would only gain us a further 112pts.

In this example our new total would be 565pts and with that deficit it would represent a slide from pick 18 to a pick around 26.

Of course in both of these scenarios we have no points remaining for Kelly.
I think you will find both Academy and Father Son are 20%. That document posted earlier was from 2015.. I believe its changed since then to both 20%

I'm not really liking the idea of a 1st and 2nd for Beams. The dude is good but he's 29yo.
Unlike gws, which is have a fire sale, everything most go, Brisbane still want him, our first will not get it done.

Drafting isn't really our concern at this stage. Should be looking for already developed talent. Perfect example is Ryan Burton at the Hawks. Going into his 3rd year now and he's has demonstrated he is a brilliant intercept mark in defence. Brilliant. Sign him up for Pick 18 and bang, you've got a defender who is young and has already developed potential.
I like Ryan Burton as well.... but do we really need another half back flanker on our list?

So heading into Final Week of Trade Periold.

This is how we Stand:

Roughead definitely coming. Just wait for Trade Info.

Beams looking like a Good Chance coming.

That Rules out May as won't have currency to Get Him.

Been Linked to Patton, Lonie,Bruce and Jake Kelly but not much to Support those Rumors
Good summary Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back