List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be Twomey's phantom.

giphy.gif
****ed if I know, I can't even remember if I put the chickens away :)

So Brisbane are only willing to give one first round draft pick for a 25yo Neale yet expect us to hand over a first round pick plus more for what will be a 29yo Beams? And we seem to be willing to do that?

Like what, other than the extra third we have, and by reports club is not trading players so it limits what we can offer

By negotiating a reasonable deal for us and being prepared to walk away if it doesn't work out. By offering fringe players. Pick swaps rather than outright losing them. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

So Brisbane are only willing to give one first round draft pick for a 25yo Neale yet expect us to hand over a first round pick plus more for what will be a 29yo Beams? And we seem to be willing to do that?

Yeah it's ridiculous. I doubt we'll cop that from Brisbane.

• Versatile Bulldogs defender Jordan Roughead will get to Collingwood in anexchange of late picks, with the Dogs likely to accept the Magpies' No.57 pick – the free agency compensation selection they received after Alex Fasolo's move to Carlton – and send either pick 63 or 64 back to Collingwood.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-14/trade-wrap-young-hawk-warming-to-power-deal
Smart move. Points for Fas compensation cant be used for f/s or nga selections. So switching for an almost equal value pick with points that can be used.

No idea. How much can he influence what what we're willing to pay and what Brisbane are willing to accept. That's the big clincher.
You would be surprised by the influence he has. BL will happily/unhappily accept what he considers a reasonable offer if BL want his clients to come/stay at BL in the future. As he told us when Judd went to Carlton. This isn't your deal...wait your turn.

You are jumping the gun.... Pies and BL have denied any discussions to date. Only on BF has any picks been discussed.

By negotiating a reasonable deal for us and being prepared to walk away if it doesn't work out. By offering fringe players. Pick swaps rather than outright losing them. There's more than one way to skin a cat.
I think we will use our late first, future second and get a third or a fourth back. They don’t need players on the fringe, learnt the frost lesson. The deal will be ok, yes he will be 29, but still one of the best mids. If the club has agreed to get him, l doubt we will walk away.
Rather Scully, but that’s a high risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will use our late first, future second and get a third or a fourth back. They don’t need players on the fringe, learnt the frost lesson. The deal will be ok, yes he will be 29, but still one of the best mids. If the club has agreed to get him, l doubt we will walk away.
Rather Scully, but that’s a high risk.

I hope we're prepared to walk if the price is too steep.

Just want to say if you get Roughead, I think he'll be better than expected for your mob, at least if he stays fit.

I don't see him as a permanent defender, but he has great utility as a second ruck. More than capable of taking lead-up contested marks, and shifting between both defence and up forward. The guy is also a model professional.

Last edited:
Hmm ... perhaps it's a new Collingwood supporter trend to want second round draftees who aren't ready to play immediately to be delisted after their second year.
I’m not sure anyone actually wants McLarty delisted....

Paul Connors will be on AFL Trade Radio tomorrow morning
Probably will not say much, just like the clubs are at the moment

Not personal at all.
Just don't see Pendlebury as in decline, still cuts up opposition 1,000 ways.

To be it seems there's been this underbelly little snarky campaign aimed squarely at our captain.

Other than that, as per usual I don't get too fussed.
Just calling it as I see it.
I think people forget Pendles was hospitalised 1 week prior to the Qualifying Final and he looked gaunt, haggard and washed out all final series. He'll be fine in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back