List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2007 pick 18 has been pretty forkin handy:

18 Alex Rance Richmond Swan Districts 2007
18 Luke Shuey West Coast Oakleigh U18 2008
18 Brodie Grundy Collingwood Sturt 2012
18 Luke Dunstan St Kilda Woodville-West Torrens 2013
18 Isaac Heeney Sydney Swans Cardiff 2014
18 Jade Gresham St Kilda Northern U18 2015
18 Sam Powell-Pepper Port Adelaide East Perth 2016
You really shouldn’t include Heeney in that. He was bid on at pick 2.

I still think we should hard ball them a little. Future first and Thomas.

Both Thomas and Beams are contracted. Both are goal kicking mids so Brisbane aren’t technically losing a whole lot. Then they get next years first which will be top 20 regardless v

They've already said there's not enough time for them to do a medical so it has to be picks only.

Two pick 18s is equivalent to a pick 4/5 points wise.
If we get a pick back this draft then I’m happy

Exactly

Pick 18 this year

Let’s say pick 15 next year for example

A second back to us

I’d do that all day

People are getting way too caught up in the whole first round v second round argument. There's hardly likely to be more than about 6 picks in the end difference.

People appear pretty confident we are shoe ins to back it up next year.

I was over the moon with where we finished (even pre finals), but at this stage the result is an outlier rather than an obvious trend.

If you were the Saints would you trade 4 & 28 to Port for 6 & 10? I'd ask the question if I was them.

Points different equivalent of pick 40 in favour of the Saints.
Depends who they like. If they think a King brother will be there absolutely. 2 in the top 10 this year would be a big bonus to go with their 2 from last year.

Our first is pick 18 which is not going to get anyone of real worth in the draft. With our future second this should nevertheless be our best offer for a 29 year old.

Nope pick 18 will still be well in the frame to get a good kid this year - after the first 7 or 8 are gone the draft prospects are relatively even (and good) up until the end of the first round, maybe even into the early 20's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I edited my post between you replying and me seeing this.
If we want extra midfield class, we already have it in our forward line - his names Jordan De Goey (and to a lesser extent Stephenson who should get more time on the wing).
I would be chasing a KPP - whether forward or back. (And personally would rather see Darcy played up forward).
And then I would be playing JDG more as a midfielder, and then have him drag his opponent forward when it is needed(similar to Dusty and Danger)

Beams is great. But he is icing.
If anything he probably replaces Pendles' class for 1-2 years, but you'd be hard pressed to see either having much more time as an elite mid beyond that time.
Beams is worth a high value to Brissy. I don't think he is worth that much to us.
Getting trapped in the chase and matching their demands will be a mistake IMO.
While l can agree with most of this, we have already chased two KPP, and failed, if there are any good ones, we just don’t have the currency to get them especially athletic types we need for our game plan.
If you think we can, who and what’s the cost.

Breaking it all down:

Beams means 3 or 4 seasons of likely high end football.

Or say 60 - 80 games.

What is a fair price for his high level play over a few seasons.

That really is the only question.

Do the positives outweigh the negatives?

If you were the Saints would you trade 4 & 28 to Port for 6 & 10? I'd ask the question if I was them.

If I was Port, I'd rather take 6 & 10 to the draft, unless (which is quite possible) pick 4 delivered a significantly more promising player than pick 6.

I'm curious as to where the leak on our first offer has come from, and the intent of it? I'm trying to get a read on the whole negotiation.

Do both clubs want to make it look like a real haggle so that when it goes down, it looks like lots has happened to get it to a certain point? Or?
Pert

It comes down to how they rate the top half a dozen. If they are struggling to pick between them, then you'd do it. But if they significantly favour a few of them, you wouldn't do it.

Could be 18 and 19 when you factor in Kelly leaving GWS as a free agent next year (to us of course)

Kelly doesn't get into FA territory until 2021 I think, he's just OoC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back