List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct but it was certainly in Richmonds interest to make sure GC didn't match.

Let's not get onto what-if's that were never really there - GC was never going to match a bid and force a player to play at their club who clearly didn't want to be there and had named a destination club.

They were more than happy with the Pick 3 compo they got - the trading of two fringe players who weren't getting (or were likely going to get) a game at Richmond was a separate matter, albeit one the AFL would have been happy with.

If that trade happened without Lynch moving nobody would have batted an eyelid being another example in which fringe players from one club are moved on to another club where they might have more opportunity in a "deal" that was amenable for all parties involved (ie. for peanuts).

Let's not get onto what-if's that were never really there - GC was never going to match a bid and force a player to play at their club who clearly didn't want to be there and had named a destination club.

They were more than happy with the Pick 3 compo they got - the trading of two fringe players who weren't getting (or were likely going to get) a game at Richmond was a separate matter, albeit one the AFL would have been happy with.

If that trade happened without Lynch moving nobody would have batted an eyelid being another example in which fringe players from one club are moved on to another club where they might have more opportunity in a "deal" that was amenable for all parties involved (ie. for peanuts).

Which was my point to start with.

If no one gave that trade a second thought why would a bid on Quaynor at 18 raise any queries?

That's what he does now against guys who are not nearly as physically developed... come back in two years time and tell me how it went..in other words I think he has peaked at u18.. but hey, hope he proves me wrong..

Possibly dumbest comment ive read in a while. You should be a talent scout with that foresight.

How about swinging it the other way , that its a bonus he is doing it against the top of his age level. Two years time he will be more equipped after a couple of pre seasons.

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant.

However, I have to ask how many of us have actually seen Quaynor play many games. I am sure our recruiting staff have watched his every game.

I will admit I have seen him play 1 game and was not overly impressed but I could see some potential.

The big thing is we get him discounted so I am all for getting him, if that is what the club thinks.

Any thoughts welcome from those that have seen more of him.

Haven't seen a second of Quaynor play live in person or on the television but he projects to me as a Heath Shaw clone with the skill set he is said to possess.

An inch shorter than Shaw but tested well for vertical leap so that along with a strong frame should see him able to handle smalls and medium talls in time at AFL level just like Heath.

He's a good enough prospect for me.

I hope this doesn't sound arrogant.

However, I have to ask how many of us have actually seen Quaynor play many games. I am sure our recruiting staff have watched his every game.

I will admit I have seen him play 1 game and was not overly impressed but I could see some potential.

The big thing is we get him discounted so I am all for getting him, if that is what the club thinks.

Any thoughts welcome from those that have seen more of him.
Here we go, here come the comments about how he's probably not going to be good enough.

Predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So potentially in this draft we will pick up 5 kids through AFL drafting initiatives

NGA & Cat B and no one through the normal AFL system, wonder if that would be a first by any club

Note: no fact checking done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have three free senior spots I believe. So we may still take a random kid later on with a final pick (though even then it may be Atu B - he would be selected as is rather than matched as an academy pick).

We have three free senior spots I believe. So we may still take a random kid later on with a final pick (though even then it may be Atu B - he would be selected as is rather than matched as an academy pick).
Marsh potentially? Late in the draft?

How about this for an idea.......

WE KEEP OUR FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR 2020 - 2022.

I can understand why we've traded past first picks, but i would like to see us pick up another Stephenson or two.
Really depends on the actual pick number.

If it’s 18 or something there is likely less chance of a Stephenson.
If it’s pick 5 or somehow we get a low numbered pick then the chances are significantly higher.

It’s only a few weeks away to complete our list then.

He's peaked at u18... Yeah I highly doubt you even watched a game from him. What a bullcrap call. Did you say that about Stevo??

There are more polite ways to express your doubt on his view that Quaynor may have relatively peaked.

In Stephenson's case, his pace is a genuine weapon (fastest guy on our list) and his prospect for physical development is quite apparent.
He can be a booming kick, has good goal kicking skills/nouse and will be a tricky match up as a 190cm player with express speed and a good leap.

In Quaynor's case, this is less apparent. He is already quite strong and his upside physically seems less.
His speed is OK, his kicking on his right boot is quite neat, but what is his great weapon? Does he offer much that Maynard or Crisp doesn't as a smaller defender?

Given our first pick is at 41, he's worth taking a punt on for matching when his name gets called out, but he isn't in Stephenson's class as a prospect from what I can tell. Knightmare's assessment would also seem to concur.

Kind of puts to bed the notion one of them would be a Cat A rookie wouldn't it? If one was a Cat A, they'd still have to be picked up in the rookie draft surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back