List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruitment of Roughead might have been as an insurance policy for our ruck division, which could be an indication of where Lynch is at.
Lynch just turned 20 in September.
Still young for a developing ruckman.
Having said that...2019 is most likely his make or break year.
Needs to show something to justify another contract & upgrade to senior list for 2020.

This has no doubt been answered elsewhere....

1 if his ban comes through in time, can we still chop Murray before the Supplementary Preseason Draft ends.... and secure a player from there?

2. Which player would we look at in that case? We are fairly well stocked now outside of KPFs... is a small like Corey Gregson worth a look?

This has no doubt been answered elsewhere....

1 if his ban comes through in time, can we still chop Murray before the Supplementary Preseason Draft ends.... and secure a player from there?

2. Which player would we look at in that case? We are fairly well stocked now outside of KPFs... is a small like Corey Gregson worth a look?
I think you try for either a player you know can play senior football well enough eg Jonothan Marsh

OR a player you believe will in time be an ongoing senior player.

Lack of KPPs in next year's draft which Guy acknowledged so very good draft period overall. Beams worth a future first rounder especially as we are in the flag window.
Beams is very high end talent.

Makes us super scary around the ball.

Should help us score heavily too.

I think you try for either a player you know can play senior football well enough eg Jonothan Marsh

OR a player you believe will in time be an ongoing senior player.

What is the alternatives? Pick a player who has shown he is not up to senior football, or pick a player who you think will not make it.

What is the alternatives? Pick a player who has shown he is not up to senior football, or pick a player who you think will not make it.

I get the feeling this is bang on based on trading out pick 63. If we rated anyone worth bringing in they’d be on the list already with that pick and I don’t think that rule is one we’ll look to jump on unless we get LTI to our KPF or ruck division between now and Murray’s ban.

Oh I missed that. Excellent!

Pies to pick up Coniglio and Finlayson.
Why would we pick up Finlayson next year when we could have had him for a bag of twisties this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch just turned 20 in September.
Still young for a developing ruckman.
Having said that...2019 is most likely his make or break year.
Needs to show something to justify another contract & upgrade to senior list for 2020.

I've been surprised with Lynch's progression thus far and if he continues that development in 2019 he'll get another contract.

By the way if you are a rookie then 3 years are up with no upgrade; club decides delist with view to rookie again...
Clock starts again I presume.

I wonder what the record is for longest serving rookie?

He will need to be elevated to the senior list end of next year though, or delisted and re-drafted as a rookie.
With retirements and delistings, we're likely to have a fair few senior list spots available next year. Upgrading our rookies will be a good thing, but Lynch first needs to show he is worthy of an upgrade.

He will need to be elevated to the senior list end of next year though, or delisted and re-drafted as a rookie.

He continues his rate of development and I wouldn't have an issue with him being elevated. Can be a simple 1 year extension if there's any doubts. His 2019 will tell the story.

He continues his rate of development and I wouldn't have an issue with him being elevated. Can be a simple 1 year extension if there's any doubts. His 2019 will tell the story.
No issue either, just getting the info out there before people inevitably on here start screaming next year "wHy ArE wE wAsTiNg A sEnIoR lIsT sPaCe On ThIs GuY."

What development have you seen from him that has you optimistic towards his future? I personally haven’t seen anything yet that suggests to me he’ll make it. That’s not to say he won’t only that I’m yet to see flashes of an AFL quality player let alone a dominant quarter or even 10 mins of footy so I’d appreciate the insight.

FWIW I didn’t see it with him either, but I’d have preferred McLarty on the rookie list to Lynch...

What development have you seen from him that has you optimistic towards his future? I personally haven’t seen anything yet that suggests to me he’ll make it. That’s not to say he won’t only that I’m yet to see flashes of an AFL quality player let alone a dominant quarter or even 10 mins of footy so I’d appreciate the insight.

FWIW I didn’t see it with him either, but I’d have preferred McLarty on the rookie list to Lynch...

I made similar comments during Lynch's 1st year. I couldn't see what others did. He was so poorly developed physically and he was just about the most uncoordinated player I can recall seeing at that level, poor timing with his jumps, arms and legs everywhere, little or no impact at centre contests or around the ground. This year he's actually looked like a footballer, has built the body a bit, and we've seen significant improvements in his general ruckwork and around the ground work, especially in terms of marking and his fitness. At times he's even been able to play limited time in that pseudo Cox KPF/2nd ruck role. I'd like to think we can expect more efforts in 2019 where he's getting 30+ hitouts, 15-16 possessions, clunking contested marks (Sandy game).

Lynch v McLarty. Probably a good discussion. I didn't rate McLarty's ruckwork, didn't project as a ruckman to me unless you're looking for a really old school don't get off the ground type, and he clearly struggled aerobically to play the limited minutes he did. So if you're looking for a developing ruckman, it'd be lynch for me. If your looking for a developing KPP then it'd be McLarty. I think list management wise, the developing ruckman was a greater need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back