List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No May until July and McDonald struggling without Hogan.

That trade a disaster for Melbourne so far.
May not work out for them, maybe.

Not what you expect when you recruit the captain of another club. Pretty poor effort.
He may have sulked it up as he didn't want to go there, (he wanted to come to us and we couldn't get the deal done).

The guy can barely train anymore. He has talent to burn but I’m not sure his body will hold up much longer. Plugger at least had a lot of footy left in him when he made his move.

Despite that he’s still Sydney’s best player and will kick 60 this year in a bottom 4 team. If we were any chance of getting it done, which we won’t be, we’d be crazy not to throw our hat in the ring.

Like Lever the year before we really dodged a bullet on May. He’s the most overrated bloke in the league!

Despite that he’s still Sydney’s best player and will kick 60 this year in a bottom 4 team. If we were any chance of getting it done, which we won’t be, we’d be crazy not to throw our hat in the ring.

Like Lever the year before we really dodged a bullet on May. He’s the most overrated bloke in the league!

I agree 100% with you on Buddy and May. The jury should be still out on Lever.

He may have sulked it up as he didn't want to go there, (he wanted to come to us and we couldn't get the deal done).

If true, all the more reason to be glad we missed out.

Speaking of players turning up out of shape, Lions supporters seem pretty peeved with Cam Rayner for presenting for preseason looking like a plum pudding.

Kid is a Vic, has enormous talent and has a good relationship with Beamer.

Who knows, the term feeder club might take on a whole extra meaning one day.

If true, all the more reason to be glad we missed out.

Speaking of players turning up out of shape, Lions supporters seem pretty peeved with Cam Rayner for presenting for preseason looking like a plum pudding.

Kid is a Vic, has enormous talent and has a good relationship with Beamer.

Who knows, the term feeder club might take on a whole extra meaning one day.
Rayner's an impressive talent but a selfish footballer.

Rayner's an impressive talent but a selfish footballer.

I'm not loving his attitude right now either.

But he's a baby. Plenty of time to grow and learn.

I can't imagine what Brisbane would want for him though. They'd probably ask for our first round pick for the next 20 years. Then at the last minute they'd accept half a packet of twisties and a pencil sharpener.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it’s a little fanciful to think he’ll kick 60 this year. If he goes at his current rate he’ll be looking at around 45, and he’ll be another year older and more broken than he already is. For what you’d have to pay for him in salary, even if Sydney paid half, you’d still have to question if it’s worth it. I’m not sure we could even afford his salary, even at half price!

I want to see him see out his contract with Sydney. And take them down further and further financially each year.
Used to respect the Swannies when Skilts and Bedford and Papley were doing their stuff. Even when they went to Sydney and Tommy Hafey had them firing with Kelly and those boys....but lately they've taken on a hint of "Old Carlton". They think they should be able to buy anything and anyone they want...well Swannies: You made your own bed when you swiped Buddy from the Giants. NOW YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT.

I'm not loving his attitude right now either.

But he's a baby. Plenty of time to grow and learn.

I can't imagine what Brisbane would want for him though. They'd probably ask for our first round pick for the next 20 years. Then at the last minute they'd accept half a packet of twisties and a pencil sharpener.
After JDG, they’d probably ask Hine to make a pick for them in the draft

I reckon it’s a little fanciful to think he’ll kick 60 this year. If he goes at his current rate he’ll be looking at around 45, and he’ll be another year older and more broken than he already is. For what you’d have to pay for him in salary, even if Sydney paid half, you’d still have to question if it’s worth it. I’m not sure we could even afford his salary, even at half price!
I'm with Scodog. He's Buddy, he'll give 60 a shake. Obviously we're not going to pay his salary, but if he came at a normal price, I'd love it.

Look at the unsettling effect just bringing back Elliott into the forward line has caused. Buddy would be worse - and he would make us predictable - plus he is one serious injury away from the end of his career. Any club that pays him a big cheque is seriously failing in their duty of care to their supporters.

Look at the unsettling effect just bringing back Elliott into the forward line has caused. Buddy would be worse - and he would make us predictable - plus he is one serious injury away from the end of his career. Any club that pays him a big cheque is seriously failing in their duty of care to their supporters.
I cant say I've noticed an unsettling effect. I reckon we've been really effective and efficient in the forward half.

Buddy is such an enigma. Still capable of having a blinder when he's on. Yes, he's having a poor year and he's looking beat up.. But he's getting shocking service from the mids and he's occupying space in the front third of Sydney's offence without a foil.

If you could trade him in for peanuts.. on a third / quarter of what he's being paid now.. to sit in our forward line and share that space with JDG, Elliott, WHE... that would be some over the top sh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back