List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d get Grundy to write his own cheque personally. Easily our most important player. Could ask for whatever he wanted at another club and would get it.

Loves it at the Pies and don’t see him taking us to the cleaners.

Baffled anyone would even remotely entertain letting him go.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy is the best player in the league.
900k would be extremely cheap.

Grundy - 25.

Compare that to the following:

McGovern- 27- 1mil +
Buddy - 32 - 1 mil +
Dusty - 28 - 1 mil +
Fyfe - 28 - 1 mil +
Nic Nat - 28 - 1 mil +

Crazy.
900k is unders... but if we want to keep the 'band' together, we need Grundy and De Goey to sign for 900-1mill and no more.

Phillips has likely resigned on a greater deal... Moore, Stephenson, Mihocek, Sier, C Brown likely to next time around have bigger deals too.

Adams resigned but still not cheap. Likewise further contracts down the track for Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendlebury.

And of those possible to delist/retire like Goldsack, Reid, Wills, Varcoe, Dunn, Greenwood, Wells (after paycut he's taken)... are all on smaller deals at this point of their careers.

If we pay full price for our top players then we will need to sacrifice a player/s down the track

AFL Club
Collingwood
900k is unders... but if we want to keep the 'band' together, we need Grundy and De Goey to sign for 900-1mill and no more.

Phillips has likely resigned on a greater deal... Moore, Stephenson, Mihocek, Sier, C Brown likely to next time around have bigger deals too.

Adams resigned but still not cheap. Likewise further contracts down the track for Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendlebury.

And of those possible to delist/retire like Goldsack, Reid, Wills, Varcoe, Dunn, Greenwood, Wells (after paycut he's taken)... are all on smaller deals at this point of their careers.

If we pay full price for our top players then we will need to sacrifice a player/s down the track
What about Moore?

Leviathan Pie

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood

Its the reality - if players want to stay together & win premierships with a quality list - they'll need to take unders.

Its what made Geelong & Hawthorn oh so good, for so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm 99% sure our #1 priority and #2 and #2 will be keeping the players we currently have. We don't have the cap space to chase anyone unless someone leaves
Surely with some retirements should free up some cap space, by all means keep our own first but hopefully some guys stay for a little less for success like hawthorn and Geelong have done over the years.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely with some retirements should free up some cap space, by all means keep our own first but hopefully some guys stay for a little less for success like hawthorn and Geelong have done over the years.
Hawthorn and Geelong didn't keep everyone though, they lost their best players.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm 99% sure our #1 priority and #2 and #2 will be keeping the players we currently have. We don't have the cap space to chase anyone unless someone leaves
I can't see us chasing any stars, but guys like Shai Bolton wouldn't demand a big salary. I'm not suggesting we should target him in particular as I 've barely seen him play, but I'm sure over the next couple of years we'll still bring in a player or two from other clubs.

Top Bottom