List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won’t make you feel any better, but we never had a play on him. We’d committed to each of the players we drafted in 2018 and never had a list spot free until after the supplement period ended and Dunn went down. The only avenue we had to bring him in was by de-listing Murray, but let’s not go there.

We probably really should of De-Listed Murray but could not because we might of been Sued

For every "Garlett" there is also an Andrew Krakouer.

He was definitely worth a roll of the dice IMO.......our culture is strong enough to handle a "Garlett" personality now.

Kudos to the Tigers...............I will go have a shower now.
They didn’t take him in the rookie draft either remember... it took an entire preseason with them to convince them he was serious enough to use a spot on. They used the new recruitment rules to their advantage, and reaped the benefits. If the rules were still the same as they were in 2017 I can guarantee Stack would be playing state footy this year. Hopefully this new set of rules for rookies will unearth more diamonds in the rough like him.

People seem to forget it took a number of injuries at Tigerland so that Stack could play AFL level. Even IF we had him, would we have played him? History says no. He isn't the obscene talent that Stephenson is . Better comparison would be IQ hasn't had a look in either so far.
Somehow Stack comes across as a good fit for the Tigers and lesser one for us. It is one of those things.

People seem to forget it took a number of injuries at Tigerland so that Stack could play AFL level. Even IF we had him, would we have played him? History says no. He isn't the obscene talent that Stephenson is . Better comparison would be IQ hasn't had a look in either so far.
Somehow Stack comes across as a good fit for the Tigers and lesser one for us. It is one of those things.

Don't agree with that comparison either. Stack takes on players and IQ is the opposite, from what I've seen of IQ so far. I'm probably in the minority here, but I am not confident he will make it as a regular player.

Don't agree with that comparison either. Stack takes on players and IQ is the opposite, from what I've seen of IQ so far. I'm probably in the minority here, but I am not confident he will make it as a regular player.

I am not 100% Sold on IQ but He been 1 of the Best in the VFL for last few weeks

I am not 100% Sold on IQ but He been 1 of the Best in the VFL for last few weeks
The difficulty of the youngest players is exactly that, their young age.
They need time.
Time to mature, time to develop, time to learn.

Whilst IQ looks physically ahead of his peers, he is still confronted with such a staunch defensive group in front of him.

He’ll get his chance.

He’s been emergency a few times so he seems thereabouts.

But we will only know in a few years where he truly belongs.

I don't think we are giving Brodie Mihocek enough credit. Only one forward has taken more marks this season (Jeremy Cameron) and he is playing the Cloke 07 season almost to perfection.
Is that so? Crazy. I wouldn’t have picked Mihocek to have taken the most marks out of our forwards let alone second most in the competition.

So Cox as a KPF is all the KPF We Need?
No, Cox plus Mihocek with Reid as a spare is adequate. It's not close to the best KPF team going around, but Cox does suit our fowardline rather well. I'm not worried he was quiet, he pulled Melbounes defence out of shape just by leading.

Mihocek is a very good find. I think he looks small, but he Can take a contested grab (his one on one work is actually high tier) and the occasional pack mark, deceptively quick and versatile, scores from loose balls and set shots. He leads, tackles, prop'n'cops, shares well but when the goal is there to be kicked he wants it as badly as De Goey does.

He's not nearly big enough to crash packs like Cox, and Reid-Mihocek was not a productive duo. I bet Reid Cox would work fine too, but Mihocek is in hot form and is a great fit for our current list.

Maybe we need a big battering ram Jenkins or McDonald type, not anAA FF but a big hard bloke who rolls out the lead and can kick straight, to draw the defence and stretch holes for our zerg rush. Cox is doing a great job but a spare wouldn't hurt.

So Cox as a KPF is all the KPF We Need?
No, Cox plus Mihocek with Reid as a spare is adequate. It's not close to the best KPF team going around, but Cox does suit our fowardline rather well. I'm not worried he was quiet, he pulled Melbounes defence out of shape just by leading.

Mihocek is a very good find. I think he looks small, but he Can take a contested grab (his one on one work is actually high tier) and the occasional pack mark, deceptively quick and versatile, scores from loose balls and set shots. He leads, tackles, prop'n'cops, shares well but when the goal is there to be kicked he wants it as badly as De Goey does.

He's not nearly big enough to crash packs like Cox, and Reid-Mihocek was not a productive duo. I bet Reid Cox would work fine too, but Mihocek is in hot form and is a great fit for our current list.

Maybe we need a big battering ram Jenkins or McDonald type, not anAA FF but a big hard bloke who rolls out the lead and can kick straight, to draw the defence and stretch holes for our zerg rush. Cox is doing a great job but a spare wouldn't hurt.

Is that so? Crazy. I wouldn’t have picked Mihocek to have taken the most marks out of our forwards let alone second most in the competition.
He and Stephenson are both on 78. Competition-wide they sit 18th and 19th (or equal 18th), but going by position, yeah, they’re second to only Cameron by the looks of it. All the other players in the top 20 are defenders and mids.

I personally believe Grundy will not leave! The current talk is simply SA teams trying to build a fire in winter with wet wood.

So, my hypothetical thoughts on Grundy being traded home:
  • Trade out end of 2019 season.
  • Two first round selections as a minimum. Carlton's first round 2019 pick traded to the crows is non negotiable, must be included in any deal.
  • I personally would consider Doedee as a steak knives. Talented young player who would in hance CFCs list. Another option would be a three way trade bringing Langdon from Freo to the club. If rumours are true.
All hypothetical of course, Grundy ain't going anywhere.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S.Hurn has the most kicks in the league........averaging 20.7 at 86.8 efficiency.........that is insane.

They are certainly not a like for like . In terms of talent, I would be hesitant to put Stack in the same bracket as Stephenson. Hence the reference to IQ who is still being kept out of the seniors by lack of opportunity.
Crisp & Maynard are pretty good!
The Berg:rolleyes:

What makes people so ‘unsold’ on IQ already? You need to give some kids time to develop and from what I have seen he’s doing everything asked of him. Been regularly in our bests in the 2’s in a let’s be honest, a pretty avg year from the the VFL magpies. He’s been named in the emergencies on a couple of occasions also. Our backline is hard to crack into but he’s doing all the right things imo. I think people are quick to make assessment on kids on our list sometimes, he’ll be fine.

What makes people so ‘unsold’ on IQ already? You need to give some kids time to develop and from what I have seen he’s doing everything asked of him. Been regularly in our bests in the 2’s in a let’s be honest, a pretty avg year from the the VFL magpies. He’s been named in the emergencies on a couple of occasions also. Our backline is hard to crack into but he’s doing all the right things imo. I think people are quick to make assessment on kids on our list sometimes, he’ll be fine.
I think we’re so used to our first round picks debuting reasonably quickly that seeing IQ toil in the twos for half a year gives the impression that he might not be good enough.

Honestly, the concept of having a really strong team that a first round pick can’t crack in to yet is totally foreign to this board...

I think we’re so used to our first round picks debuting reasonably quickly that seeing IQ toil in the twos for half a year gives the impression that he might not be good enough.

Honestly, the concept of having a really strong team that a first round pick can’t crack in to yet is totally foreign to this board...

Not true at all. I'm saying IQ will struggle big time in the seniors. He is struggling now in the VFL, turnovers and regularly getting beaten one on one despite his big body. He flourished against kids due to his bigger body but now no longer the bigger guy he IS struggling. He is fast the has very good skills but that is not enough to make it.

All I am saying is that there is no guarantee he is going to make it unless he improves (people here like yourself think he is already good enough, he is NOT), the best he can possibly be now in the senior is just serviceable.

If Stack was drafted to CFC, he'd be developing in the VFL like IQ right now. It's simply not Buck's thing to bring young players in without development and a pre-season or two. Obviously injury to the list changes that thinking and that's probably what's happened at Richmond. Bucks will look to older players to filll those roles short term while the kids are developing.

In saying that, Stack was one of the players I thought CFC should draft and I was expecting he would go top 20. Not available at CFCs second selection.

IQ is a talent though, easily as good as Stack. Would be playing at Richmond now if the roles were reversed.

Not true at all. I'm saying IQ will struggle big time in the seniors. He is struggling now in the VFL, turnovers and regularly getting beaten one on one despite his big body. He flourished against kids due to his bigger body but now no longer the bigger guy he IS struggling. He is fast the has very good skills but that is not enough to make it.

All I am saying is that there is no guarantee he is going to make it unless he improves (people here like yourself think he is already good enough, he is NOT), the best he can possibly be now in the senior is just serviceable.
What a pessimistic view on a kid that hasn’t even played 1 senior game.

Nothing like a good write off in the first season or two for a young kid.

:thumbsu: Never change big footy

What a pessimistic view on a kid that hasn’t even played 1 senior game.

Pessimistic? It is the truth, he is not good enough at the moment. What am I supposed to do, close my eyes when he turns over the ball or when he easily falls down or when he gets easily beaten. I can do that and live in lala land but I prefer reality.

If he does make it he will be fantastic, due do the speed and athleticism. Is this statement also is not pessimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back