List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show it was mostly made up story
Not really. Tom Morris reported that oppo clubs think he is gettable. That's probably a perception they have. Nothing made up about it.

The media doesn't just lie all the time. Some dodgy stories and journos around but a lot of things end up having legs.

I cant see how people don’t see this.

This isn’t just a couple of impact injuries. He has had a debilitating, degenerative issue that will effect him for his whole career. The club has shown nothing but faith in him, when i have no doubt some other clubs may have cut their losses early on.

Obviously it depends on the individual personality type, but i can’t see how that doesn’t effect his feelings towards the club at all.

Personally, if it was me, i would be grateful for any club that stuck by me through years of not playing due to injury. Regardless of the fact that if i was Ben Crocker i would’ve been delisted... because well, thats a weird way of looking at it because Jamie is not Ben Crocker im not sure how its even relevant.
Elliott is an A grade talent.
Special qualities.
AA talent and would be in the frame with a full season healthy.

But with all support he’s got, it does and will mean something to him.
The value of that is hard to know. It’s certainly something.
The value itself could be trumped but I suspect it will have to be good money and extra years (plural).

Not really. Tom Morris reported that oppo clubs think he is gettable. That's probably a perception they have. Nothing made up about it.

The media doesn't just lie all the time. Some dodgy stories and journos around but a lot of things end up having legs.

So then was that talk from his Manager or Clubs?

They Report on just talk with not much action

No quotes, no clubs named and the article written on the eve of the finals after it had been confirmed that Scharenberg was to be dropped. You’re right that the media doesn’t lie all the time, but it was pretty clear from the get-go on this one that it was a click bait story of the highest order with zero substance.

No quotes, no clubs named and the article written on the eve of the finals after it had been confirmed that Scharenberg was to be dropped. You’re right that the media doesn’t lie all the time, but it was pretty clear from the get-go on this one that it was a click bait story of the highest order with zero substance.

The time is the Biggest Hint that was Tom's Opinion instead of Info he got and Reporting on it

I reckon a couple of weeks ago I was one who wouldn't have minded too much if he moved on. He didn't look to have any spring in his step and looked to be totally out of touch. In my mind, I had come to the conclusion that we will never see the best of Jamie again after such a debilitating injury.

The last month has proven me totally wrong,and he is back to his absolute best. Clubs will have no doubt taken notice that he is a FA, and yet to sign a new deal, and has been kicking bags of goals.

It's going to be an interesting negotiation. On the one hand, he has proven that despite all his injuries, he is still a match-winner. Without De Goey right now, Elliott is as important as any player we have.

On the other hand, he has still missed large chunks of footy this year, and his soft tissue injuries have still be prevalent. Maybe he can get over his soft tissue injuries and become a very durable player. However, the odds are that with his back issues, he is always going to be limited in the amount of footy he can play. At best, he'll require a lot of rests and probably be around a 15 games a season player. At worst, he can miss massive chunks of footy.

So the question will be: "how much do you pay for a player who will need to be managed throughout the rest of his career, but at his best is a match-winner".

I don't think you could realistically offer him any more than 2 years. Potentially we can put a trigger for a third year. If a side comes along and makes him a 4 year offer at good coin, then I don't think we'd be able to match it. It will purely come down to loyalty.

You would still think our priority is going to be re-signing De Goey, Moore and Grundy.

I am not convinced Scharenberg will be at Collingwood next year to be honest.

With Langdon coming back, he will probably get squeezed out and not be a lock in our best 22. The opportunity for a fresh start and to go home where he will probably play every game would seem appealing for him.

As disappointed as I will be (massive fan of his), I think it might be the best for him and for us.

I feel that we will be losing another one or two decent players this off season unfortunately. That's the nature of having a salary cap though :(

ADELAIDE COOL IT ON PIE
Adelaide is yet to register any interest in Collingwood’s Matthew Scharenberg.

The Crows are contemplating a significant rebuild but the Collingwood defender isn’t yet part of those plans.

Scharenberg was linked to a possible move away from the Magpies’ nest, having lost his spot in the qualifying final team.

But the South Australian has no intentions to force his way out of Collingwood in this year’s trade period.
Can we fit in Sloane and will he make us a better team?

So for you its how he conducts himself onfield? I'm not sure that translates to a bad locker room influence (not sure you said that, but the crux of the broader discussion).

I made a point of not mentioning on-field issues specifically aside from performance.

There are things he says and does off field which rub a little the wrong way which is where I get more of that impression from.

If he was just a bit of prick on field then I could live with that as long as he played well and the off field stuff was all ship shape.

Having said that I've also noticed some of the same stuff Aishole noted above on field and when you add it all together it makes for a less than attractive package from where I sit, for a player who also seems to be declining in terms of on-field performance and possibly on a physical level.

ADELAIDE COOL IT ON PIE
Adelaide is yet to register any interest in Collingwood’s Matthew Scharenberg.

The Crows are contemplating a significant rebuild but the Collingwood defender isn’t yet part of those plans.

Scharenberg was linked to a possible move away from the Magpies’ nest, having lost his spot in the qualifying final team.

But the South Australian has no intentions to force his way out of Collingwood in this year’s trade period.

Do you like how the journo slipped in a couple of yet's to try to leave things open ended.

If he's not in their plans then he's not in their plans. More rubbish reporter "craft" from a third-rate hack trying to make a name for themselves.

Can we fit in Sloane and will he make us a better team?

No and no. Had him for the full season in supercoach so I watched him a bit more closely than usual - started to develop a bad tendency to float around contests a bit flat-footed and not really try to read the play to get into good spots more and more as the season wore on.

I guess you could put that down to the Crows piss poor midfield coaching if you wanted to, but he just didn't seem to have the same impact he had a few years back and you'd be wanting him to have a big impact for the coin he would be on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sold that is 100% is True

The first interesting trade news/speculation. It raises intriguing questions about Cox and Lynch for mine. Genuine ruck depth is something we do lack.

Back-up ruck. We have some NQR options that would rob from other positions (Moore, Roughead, Cox) and a very project Lynch. I don't mind us bringing in some depth there.

Wonder what we’ll hand over this time :moustache:

Our first round 2020 pick is tradable now - it's pretty obvious Sydney "rate him highly and would offer him a contract if he doesn't leave via trade".

If Darcy Cameron is such a talent how has he not played at all this year?
Plus, Naismith hasn't played a game and Sinclair has been pushed all year and is about to turn 30.
I wouldn't think the Swans would want to trade him out, but if they are keen to move him along, they can't say he's a required player. I say we purge them of the young talent while it's wasting away for as little as possible.

If Darcy Cameron is such a talent how has he not played at all this year?
Plus, Naismith hasn't played a game and Sinclair has been pushed all year and is about to turn 30.
I wouldn't think the Swans would want to trade him out, but if they are keen to move him along, they can't say he's a required player. I say we purge them of the young talent while it's wasting away for as little as possible.

Trade could take 10 Minutes. Give a Nothing Pick for him.

He be brought in as a Back-Up and Maybe as a KPF

The first interesting trade news/speculation. It raises intriguing questions about Cox and Lynch for mine. Genuine ruck depth is something we do lack.

Cox is on notice if you ask me! It’s somewhat frustrating because Cameron is one we should have targeted a number of years ago, but he’s one that would “thicken the soup”.

Trade could take 10 Minutes. Give a Nothing Pick for him.

He be brought in as a Back-Up

If it happens it will 100% not get done until the final day after Sydney’s deals on Daniher and Papley are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back