List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will happen (but not for 4-5 years).
If they don’t get off the floor with the latest assistance package, then the Tasmanian Devils (the Tasmanian Overcasters or Wind Chillers probably wouldn’t catch on) will become a reality.
Still baffled that a Tasmanian team wasn’t prioritised over the Gold Coast, even GWS. Personally I’d like the AFL to make Tassie, ACT and NT teams a long term goal now instead of talking about reduced seasons. 21 teams playing each other once solves most of the inequity in the draw and makes the comp truly National.

Still baffled that a Tasmanian team wasn’t prioritised over the Gold Coast, even GWS. Personally I’d like the AFL to make Tassie, ACT and NT teams a long term goal now instead of talking about reduced seasons. 21 teams playing each other once solves most of the inequity in the draw and makes the comp truly National.
We need less teams not more. The talent pool is not deep enough to support 21 sides.
We have too many Victorian sides.
Bulldogs, North, St Kilda and Melbourne should all be relocated.

Wont happen till they piss off Hawks and Norf from playing games in Tas.

We need less teams not more. The talent pool is not deep enough to support 21 sides.
Fair point but our population will continue growing so long term I think it’s viable.
Not a fan of relocation I guess. What criteria do we use to choose those teams to be relocated? Would hate it if it was us.

Fair point but our population will continue growing so long term I think it’s viable.
Not a fan of relocation I guess. What criteria do we use to choose those teams to be relocated? Would hate it if it was us.
North should have gone years ago. Dogs too.
The AFL should stop propping up sides, let the market decide.

The “market” is a brainless, heartless non- entitity as far as I’m concerned Jmac, always distorted by subsidies and regulations anyway.😊

Obviously you don’t know many Fitzroy supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The “market” is a brainless, heartless non- entitity as far as I’m concerned Jmac, always distorted by subsidies and regulations anyway.😊
Gold Coast got $23 million from the AFL last year.
We got $11 million, the lowest of any club.
Why?

Bloody small population that is split between two parochial cities that will struggle to barrack for a team stationed in the other city.

Forgive me jmac but I know the kennel well and you couldn't be any more wrong in their case.

I did regular deliveries to the kennel supporters shop and I can tell you that despite the AFL cutting all funds off and attempting to kill their club the supporters and volounteers refused to let the club die.

They worked tirelessly for years raising money in any way they could think of to stave off relocation or merger.

THEY propped themselves up and THEY made themselves solvent again.

From my inside experience the Footscray football club are a shining example of what a community centred club should should be all about.

Forgive me jmac but I know the kennel well and you couldn't be any more wrong in their case.

I did regular deliveries to the kennel supporters shop and I can tell you that despite the AFL cutting all funds off and attempting to kill their club the supporters and volounteers refused to let the club die.

They worked tirelessly for years raising money in any way they could think of to stave off relocation or merger.

THEY propped themselves up and THEY made themselves solvent again.

From my inside experience the Footscray football club are a shining example of what a community centred club should should be all about.
I live in Footscray and am glad they survived.
The truth is though that many clubs would perish without the current policy of AFL contributions.
Dogs got $16 million last year

He’s a Ballarat potato farmer with hands like dinner plates. I would want to say that to him.

Like I said you don’t know any real ones.

If Collingwood merged would you follow that team?

Gold Coast got $23 million from the AFL last year.
We got $11 million, the lowest of any club.
Why?
I don’t know. My guess would be that the AFL sees a long term market up there and sees us with 80,000 members and the resources to have a netball and AFLW team as being somewhat self sufficient. Makes a mockery of the salary cap etc. but probably illustrates my point that markets are always distorted by concessions and choices such as these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back