List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DpszFCdU0AAtfgl.jpg

Got to be wary of paying so much just for a cherry on top of the cake when our cake still missing ingredients. Just cos we almost won a flag doesn't mean our list is that great.

here comes the amateur body language expert, but ned guy certainly didn't look as happy getting that deal done as his brisbane counterpart. well done to brisbane, they held firm and got a good deal. for us we got or man, look forward to seeing beams back with us, but i miss the days when we look at a deal on face value and think s**t, we did well there.

You won’t be crying in your beer when Beams racks up 35 and slots the sealer on grand final day.

GIVE ME DANCING GIRL GIF!!
I think we can think about the cost (picks for Beams) vs possibly Beams getting 20-30 possessions and a few goals. Tag goes to him and Sidey. But then who minds Treloar, Adams, Wells, Sier etc?

If we stay in the window, we take our chances. Might be overs now (maybe), but we get a flag on the back of this, i’ll Wear it every day of the trade.

Two 1st rounds for a 29 year old? um... what else did we get back?????????
Pick 18 this year. 1st rounder next year which hopefully will be in the teens. We get 2 picks in early 40's & give pick 57.
Good deal for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Lions trade Dayne Beams, Rd 3 (41) (on traded from Gold Coast Suns), Rd 3 (44) (on traded from Gold Coast Suns) to Collingwood for Rd 1 (18), Rd 3 (56) and Future Rd 1 Selection.

Good deal for both parties. 18 would have gone to Quaynor, Brisbane can use it better as we'll get him anyway with our lower picks. Pick 41 and 44 with 57 going out equates to pick 32. Solid.
This!

Realistically we traded a future first for Beams. Given where and how we finished this year - that's anywhere from pick 10 to 18, which is absolutely fair in my eyes.

If we finish next year poorly and for some reason our pick us in the top 10, then we have much bigger problems to solve than any damage done here.

So, yes on paper it looks like a lot. But when you understand the context on that 18 was essentially a dead pick for us anyway (Quaynor), then one future first (say pick 10-18) for Beams is all good family.

Pretty sure I could have gone in Monday morning and got this same deal done.

But it took our professional brains trust until the final hour to get reamed instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back