List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo and Jon Anderson just said on the SuperFooty podcast that they've heard separately that Shiel is regretting his decision to choose Essendon.
IF i was Essendon i would be regretting picking up Sheil. Worse than his disposal is his shocking selfishness and decision making. He is the most overated player in the league

Still better then going at Carlton;)
Funny thing is Ando reckons Shiel probably should have gone to Carlton - would have complemented Cripps' inside work by playing on the outside, not to mention he grew up supporting Carlton and had Judd as his childhood hero.

Though GWS probably would have tried to get pick 1 and I don't think Carlton were keen on giving up Sam Walsh.

Funny thing is Ando reckons Shiel probably should have gone to Carlton - would have complemented Cripps' inside work by playing on the outside, not to mention he grew up supporting Carlton and had Judd as his childhood hero.

Though GWS probably would have tried to get pick 1 and I don't think Carlton were keen on giving up Sam Walsh.

Carlton would have had a similar deal on the table to the one they did with Adelaide to get Stocker. Pick 1 wouldn’t have been on the table and wouldn’t have been required.

View attachment 673963

Players OOC this year and next.

I can see these players possibly delisted/retired:
Crocker
Reid
Wells
Greenwood
Murray
Broomhead
Varcoe
Goldsack

Only see 3 being retained at most.
Varcoe, Greenwood, Murray/Goldsack

Goldsack and Varcoe are old and playing VFL, not much point keeping them.

Crocker
Reid
Wells
Greenwood
Murray
Broomhead
Varcoe
Goldsack

Plenty more time to run in the season though and a lot may come down to what these guys want in ters of salary.
Wells may still prove valuable. Reid if cheap may be the best value depth around, etc.

View attachment 673963

Crocker
Reid
Wells
Greenwood
Murray
Broomhead
Varcoe
Goldsack

No Phillips or Daicos on that list? I swear at least one of those two comes out of contract this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips does. Will re-sign.

Daicos is OOC next year.

I appreciate the answer. To clarify I’m not particularly concerned with who will and who won’t re-sign because that’ll take care of itself, but rather the accuracy of the article. IMO, the more players OOC in the same year the more likely our ability to retain the important ones.

Grundy won't leave but that's probably a very fair deal. Pick 1 + mid-late 1st + replacement ruck.

Plus the added room in the salary cap to then resign De Goey, Moore, Stephenson, etc, etc.

I don't think he leaves either, how many blokes in there prime have left Melbourne to return to Adelaide I can think of Scott Thompson from Melbourne that's about it (Gibbs doesn't count his 28)

That trade would be a win win for both clubs, I don't want to lose Grundy but paying a ruckman 900k doesn't sit well with me.

I don't think he leaves either, how many blokes in there prime have left Melbourne to return to Adelaide I can think of Scott Thompson from Melbourne that's about it (Gibbs doesn't count his 28)

That trade would be a win win for both clubs, I don't want to lose Grundy but paying a ruckman 900k doesn't sit well with me.

Grundy is once in a Generation Ruckman and you don't let them go.

Plus he does more then just Ruck

Grundys not just ‘a ruckman’ though, is he. He’s arguably in the conversation with Cripps as the best player in the comp right now. $900k would be a bargain for him tbh.

I don't want to lose Grundy but paying a ruckman 900k doesn't sit well with me.

Normally I'd agree but Grundy isn't your every day ruck. He is a match winner, our best clearance player as well as being dominant in the ruck. He is a once in a lifetime prospect. An absolute must keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back