List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s get this straight.

Grundy is only playing for Collingwood.

The end.

Who knows with Murray? It's the most ridiculous ongoing saga in football.. and it really surprises me that the media haven't jumped on it, critical of the lack of a resolution.

Crocker is unfortunately not worth anything on the trade table. And if there were outside interest, I doubt other clubs would be interested enough to give up a pick any earlier than a 5th-6th rounder.

Very few players at Collingwood that are on the trade table I'd say. Our best are near un-tradeable... and the rest because of age or ability are worth nothing or 3rd round picks at best in the case of say Josh Thomas.
Crocker will be picked up as a DFA, mark my words.

Grundy straight swap for ROB? LOL get F***ed!!! who wrote that trash. Maybe if they add Pick 1 as well
I don’t think they meant straight swap alone mate. It’s a given that we’d have something else significant come our way as well.

Was going through our current list and looking through likely delistings at year end - by my count we have potentially quite a few

In no particular order
Broomhead (7 years on the list for 36 games - he's gone I think)
Wells (cooked)
Goldsack (might survive another year - a warrior)
Dunn (might survive but at 32 we need to make the call)
Varcoe (poor form and losing pace - is he done?)
Reid (see Wells - cooked. A great player 8-9 years ago when fully fit. Now his held together with blu-tack)
Crocker (might be traded for a 4th round pick)
Murray (sure we cannot keep him on the list any longer)

Thats 8 - some tough calls to be made.
I think Pies will retain Crocker & perhaps Murray all depends on his final verdict out of the players you have listed.

I think Pies will retain Crocker & perhaps Murray all depends on his final verdict out of the players you have listed.

Not sure about Crocker or Murray but I think we'll retain Broomy. Cheap depth if nothing else.

IMHO Greenwood plays more good games than bad. I reckon we hang on to him. Plus, he just looks like a Collingwood player!!!
Plus pretty durable and supposedly sets the standard on the training track. Best case, he's best 22 next year. Worst case, he's really solid depth. No way I'd axe him.

We have too many midfielders who are poor with the ball in hand

I would have traded Phillips (however I have just seen an article posted 2 mins ago to state he has signed on for another two years) and Treloar to bring us back into this years draft. The AFL article describes Phillips as elite for kicks/HB's. However what is not mentioned is that of the 25 possessions he averages this year per game, only 16 are effective and he also averages 6 direct turnovers per game. Ranked 7th in the AFL for turnovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy straight swap for ROB? LOL get F***ed!!! who wrote that trash. Maybe if they add Pick 1 as well
I'll tell you how ridiculous it is, I have to ask who the * ROB is, is that his first name?

How much longer can we hold Broomhead, really? 6 years 36 games, it’s time to move on.

This whole keep him because of Grundy is getting a little bit ridiculous too, imo.
Broomhead was kept for an extra year because it would have been a bit too stiff to delist him because he copped a season ending injury trying to score a goal for the team.

I don't think anyone in the list management team is giving serious consideration to keeping him for Grundy's sake. Grundy is a big boy and if he chooses to leave because his mate isn't at the club anymore it's a little pissweak.

Broomhead was kept for an extra year because it would have been a bit too stiff to delist him because he copped a season ending injury trying to score a goal for the team.

I don't think anyone in the list management team is giving serious consideration to keeping him for Grundy's sake. Grundy is a big boy and if he chooses to leave because his mate isn't at the club anymore it's a little pissweak.
Injuries happen and he’s had his fair share. I can see why they gave him the extra year but from what I have seen this year it’s time to part ways.

My point was probably more to people mentioning it on here. I would have some serious worries over our recruiting staff if that thought even crossed their mind.

Rather he left too if he was that ****weak.

Injuries happen and he’s had his fair share. I can see why they gave him the extra year but from what I have seen this year it’s time to part ways.

My point was probably more to people mentioning it on here. I would have some serious worries over our recruiting staff if that thought even crossed their mind.
Of course injuries happen but that was a particularly unlucky one - for all we know he could have stayed in the side for most of last year and proven his worth for another senior extension. The rookie listing was a sign of goodwill but given he hasn't shown a great deal in the twos this year is probably it for him.

I think it worries people because part of the reason Beams became disgruntled with the Pies was because Heater was traded. I’d like to think however, that Grundy has a more mature head on his shoulders than a young Dayne Beams.

I think it worries people because part of the reason Beams became disgruntled with the Pies was because Heater was traded. I’d like to think however, that Grundy has a more mature head on his shoulders than a young Dayne Beams.

Grundy does not have a Dad in another State Dying of Cancer

Of course injuries happen but that was a particularly unlucky one - for all we know he could have stayed in the side for most of last year and proven his worth for another senior extension. The rookie listing was a sign of goodwill but given he hasn't shown a great deal in the twos this year is probably it for him.
If we are splitting hairs I think he was probably lucky to be on the list last year but that’s just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back