List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy does not have a Dad in another State Dying of Cancer
Yes Dave, I am aware of that. I said it was part of the reason Beams became disgruntled, not the reason he moved to Qld.

Yes Dave, I am aware of that. I said it was part of the reason Beams became disgruntled, not the reason he moved to Qld.

Okay Got Ya.

I dare say it would not of Helped keeping him Happy

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Injuries happen and he’s had his fair share. I can see why they gave him the extra year but from what I have seen this year it’s time to part ways.

My point was probably more to people mentioning it on here. I would have some serious worries over our recruiting staff if that thought even crossed their mind.

Sam Murray......Josh Thomas.......Lachlan Keeffe say hi Soups.

If he doesn’t get another “charity year” our Club are the biggest hypocrites ever.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'd be less than enthusiastic. May ultimately return and realise his enormous potential but I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim.
Giants are trying to clear cap space like Scully. You can probably get him for pick 70 but only if you take on his 700k contract

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What would Darcy Fogarty cost from the Crows? Drafted at 12 year before last but hasn't played a game this season and with rumblings that a couple of Crows players may be disgruntled at the club I wouldn't mind us seeing if we could lure him here.

I was big fan of him in his draft year, 192/193cm forward, posses good pace, solid goal kicking and the ability to get up the ground has me thinking he could be a great double act with JDG down the track.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
What would Darcy Fogarty cost from the Crows? Drafted at 12 year before last but hasn't played a game this season and with rumblings that a couple of Crows players may be disgruntled at the club I wouldn't mind us seeing if we could lure him here.

I was big fan of him in his draft year, 192/193cm forward, posses good pace, solid goal kicking and the ability to get up the ground has me thinking he could be a great double act with JDG down the track.
I wouldn't mind either, but we wouldn't really have a leg to stand on trade wise, unless Grundy tells us he wants to go back to SA so we try maximise value before free agency?

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox

I was thinking of him too. Apparently Adelaide have been playing him down back which doesn’t suit him according to some footy journos. Couldn’t get a game when Lynch, Gibbs and Jenkins were out. I’d still ask the question to see his interest.

What’s Jared Brander’s deal at WCE? Hasn’t played much and Oscar Allen seems preferred at the moment.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Giants are trying to clear cap space like Scully. You can probably get him for pick 70 but only if you take on his 700k contract

They can keep him.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also keeps Grundy Happy

Yeah, I don't really think that'll be a factor. I'm sure Grundy would love to keep him around but he's knows well enough it has to be what's best for the team.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
With Broomhead, it probably depends on his body. He's not really depth at the moment. Seems a mile away from selection.

Pretty much expected a slow build this year.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Surely we’d be asking for more?
Grundy for O'Brien, and pick 1 on traded to GWS for Cameron would be a very nice outcome, you'd have a ruck and a key forward and circumvent Geelong's plans for Jezza when he becomes a free agent, but it's more likely we are the Victorian club reportedly about to offer Lukosius a godfather offer

If Beams is retiring spend his money on Langdon's brother, and Aiden Bonar looking to come home too would be cheap for his athleticism and power

Sen:
Crisp Roughead Langdon
Maynard Moore Quaynor

O'Brien Pendlebury Adams
Treloar Sidebottom Beams/Langdon

Mihocek Howe Stephenson
De Goey Lukosius Elliott

Int:
Aish WHE Brown Phillips

Emer:
Sier Bonar Scharenberg Cox

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The issue with us trading this year is that most of our players with value are contracted except Sier. Moore, Grundy, De Goey contracted.

I actually don’t think we have that many players not signed up for next year.

The ones who aren’t contracted have little or no value. Goldsack, Wells, Reid, Wills etc.

We also don’t have our first round pick.

So realistically, we have to trade out a contracted player to get any sort of player/pick in return.

Ideally, we should look at trading out one of our plethora of midfielders or half-backs.

I would absolutely love Fogarty. He was my pick instead of Stephenson. I’ll admit I was wrong, however Fogarty still could turn into a nice KPP.

Everyone will disagree about which midfielders should be traded out, but I believe we need to think like Hawthorn would. Be ruthless. Think about what’s best for the club in the long run.

Last edited:

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
The issue with us trading this year is that most of our players with value are contracted except Sier. Moore, Grundy, De Goey.

The ones who aren’t contracted have little or no value. Goldsack, Wells, Reid, Wills etc.

So realistically, we have to trade out a contracted player to get any sort of player/pick in return.

Ideally, we should look at trading out one of our plethora of midfielders or half-backs.

I would absolutely love Fogarty. He was my pick instead of Stephenson. I’ll admit I was wrong, however Fogarty still could turn into a nice KPP.

Everyone will disagree about which midfielders should be traded out, but I believe we need to think like Hawthorn would. Be ruthless. Think about what’s best for the club in the long run.
Only Pendlebury and Sidebottom fit that criteria, Beams may retire but that only loosens up some cash

Realistically Grundy is the only one you would do if he had told you he's going back and you figure you can get more for him by going early

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
DF6E96F4-9E9D-496F-BC4B-2C348730BEFF.jpeg

Got this from the Contract Status thread. Next year would have been the perfect time to chase a Free Agent( I.e. Cameron), however, we will probably spend all our money to keep De Goey, Grundy & Moore.

There’s not many players out of contract next year that we will be trying to get rid off. Mayne, Roughead, Aish(?), Appleby(?).

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree. But he'll be lucky to get an extension if he doesn't start to build soon.

I'm not so sure. We'll keep one or two of the Reid, Greenwood, Varcoe, Crocker, Broomhead, Wills, Madgen et al cohort. They're cheap depth. Just who will be very interesting.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
The issue with us trading this year is that most of our players with value are contracted except Sier. Moore, Grundy, De Goey contracted.

Fogarty would be getting games with us, unlike the crows we don't have more KPP then you can poke a stick at. They wont let him go though as he is highly rated there for the long term.

Taller players tend to come on later then mid sized and smaller.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
How much longer can we hold Broomhead, really? 6 years 36 games, it’s time to move on.

This whole keep him because of Grundy is getting a little bit ridiculous too, imo.

uhm cough.... cough... Broomhead is in his 7th year on the list. Drafted in 2012.

Has to be gone. Never going to make it.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Would you trade Sier for Fogarty? Is that an equitable deal? I'm also a fan of Fogarty but not sure Crows would jump at this deal. We dont have much else that we could throw on the table

I'm not so sure. We'll keep one or two of the Reid, Greenwood, Varcoe, Crocker, Broomhead, Wills, Madgen et al cohort. They're cheap depth. Just who will be very interesting.
Barring anything significant occuring regarding these guys, this is the order that I think they'll be kept:
Greenwood
Varcoe
Reid
Madgen
Crocker
Broomhead
Wills

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would you trade Sier for Fogarty? Is that an equitable deal? I'm also a fan of Fogarty but not sure Crows would jump at this deal. We dont have much else that we could throw on the table

Hmmmm tough one. I wouldn’t, not yet. Sier can become a top 3 inside midfielder if he wanted to. However, needs to lift his rate this year.

Personally don’t see Fogarty leaving just yet. He did a Wingard and asked to play in Adelaide. He might also do another Wingard later in his career and come to Melbourne.

I think give him one more year in the reserves and he’s gonna be hitting the trade button.

Also doesn’t help that Fogarty is contracted till 2021.

Not sure what’s happened to him. I was a big fan in his draft year, and really liked the look of him early last year at the Crows, but he’s dropped completely off the radar. I’m not sure about him being a double act with JDG, but I could certainly see him being a Jordy replacement if we wanted to push him in to the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back