List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d like to challenge the thinking of one matter.

We don’t have a first round pick, but for me that’s disappointing in one way, but I’m reminded it’s not a high end premium pick.

That’s my only salvation as pick 16 - 21 or so is really the next level talent, as a rule.

I’d love to an early first round pick so we can pick the eyes out of top end talent.

My view quite strongly is as the draft pick goes into the teens so the level of talent drops.

(There’s always exceptions ofcourse)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure what’s happened to him. I was a big fan in his draft year, and really liked the look of him early last year at the Crows, but he’s dropped completely off the radar. I’m not sure about him being a double act with JDG, but I could certainly see him being a Jordy replacement if we wanted to push him in to the midfield.

Walker, Jenkins and Lynch as forwards they can be more patient and give him a good grounding in the 2s, also means he needs to outperform senior players to get his spot as a 2nd year KPP.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d like to challenge the thinking of one matter.

We don’t have a first round pick, but for me that’s disappointing in one way, but I’m reminded it’s not a high end premium pick.

That’s my only salvation as pick 16 - 21 or so is really the next level talent, as a rule.

I’d love to an early first round pick so we can pick the eyes out of top end talent.

My view quite strongly is as the draft pick goes into the teens so the level of talent drops.

(There’s always exceptions ofcourse)

Well our finish position isn't fixed yet. Firstly we need to secure top 4. Next we need to make sure we dont go out in straight sets. Finally if we bow out in the prelim our pick will be 15th or 16th unless PP is given to GC.

If we dont make top 4 and bow out week 1 then we will have a pick from 10 - 12. A pick at 10 can definitely net you a gun.

But alas we dont have a pick so really its about how low is our 2nd / 3rd rounder and can we spot the next Dayne Beams at that pick.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well our finish position isn't fixed yet. Firstly we need to secure top 4. Next we need to make sure we dont go out in straight sets. Finally if we bow out in the prelim our pick will be 15th or 16th unless PP is given to GC.

If we dont make top 4 and bow out week 1 then we will have a pick from 10 - 12. A pick at 10 can definitely net you a gun.

But alas we dont have a pick so really its about how low is our 2nd / 3rd rounder and can we spot the next Dayne Beams at that pick.
Could be though your scenarios is more 12 plus in area of pick.

But anyway let’s hope for a big finish as it were.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm hot on the Pies making a big play for Brad Hill if there is any chance of swaying him to come to Pies, if he is returning to Vic. He is exactly the type of player we are missing on our list, besides a class key forward. Make it happen Pies.

I'm hot on the Pies making a big play for Brad Hill if there is any chance of swaying him to come to Pies, if he is returning to Vic. He is exactly the type of player we are missing on our list, besides a class key forward. Make it happen Pies.

Have to pay a Big Price to get him

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just signed another deal. They wouldn't be looking to off Phillips when they just gave him a new contract.
I have a feeling the Philips thing is far stronger on bigfooty than the coaching group.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Just signed another deal. They wouldn't be looking to off Phillips when they just gave him a new contract.
I don’t think so either, but he would be one to put up. Hill replaced him on the wing. I’d leak to Freo to make a play for him and exceed our contract offer.
Interesting to see what they consider a fair trade for him considering they basically traded Mayne for him

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been on night shift and my brain is scrambled. But a couple of dudes I would enquire about that can add something to our side imo.

Mason Redman from The Dons. Having a good little break out year on the back flank. Raking kick and has some dash. Would look to play him on the wing. Probably one they wouldn’t want to give up and Dodo would want 10 firsts but I like what he has done this year. Is out of contract this year.

Hugh Greenwood from Adelaide. Tall with a bit of X factor. Has a solid clearance game and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty also avg 6 tackles a game this year. Don’t think he would break the bank or cost us a high draft pick. Somewhere in the second round imo.

Lewis Young from the dogs. Big kid with a good leap that’s still developing in the 2’s. Is only 20 so still has a lot of scope of improvement.

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been on night shift and my brain is scrambled. But a couple of dudes I would enquire about that can add something to our side imo.

Mason Redman from The Dons. Having a good little break out year on the back flank. Raking kick and has some dash. Would look to play him on the wing. Probably one they wouldn’t want to give up and Dodo would want 10 firsts but I like what he has done this year. Is out of contract this year.

Hugh Greenwood from Adelaide. Tall with a bit of X factor. Has a solid clearance game and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty also avg 6 tackles a game this year. Don’t think he would break the bank or cost us a high draft pick. Somewhere in the second round imo.

Lewis Young from the dogs. Big kid with a good leap that’s still developing in the 2’s. Is only 20 so still has a lot of scope of improvement.

Don't mind Greenwood especially since goal kicking mids don't grow on tree's. Bit different to our current midfield crop, tall rangy type who looks equally comfortable outside as he is inside.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
We paid 2 x 1st round picks for Beams. On that basis i’d shudder to think what we would offer to get Brad Hill!

It’s not the gist of your point, but we paid one first rounder for Beams, IMO. We got the same player with junk picks that we were always going to get had we kept pick 18. I would have approached it differently if I worked in a list management capacity, but with the path we chose I can’t agree with the premise that two first round picks was the price. I have issues with that deal though primarily what appears a lack of due diligence and the cap resources it exhausted.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

Yes to Redman pace, size and skill he’s got “it”.

No to Greenwood he just doesn’t do enough to add another layer to our midfield group and at 28 I believe it’s a case of what you see is what you get.

Young’s a watch for me he’s a bit young (pardon the pun) so I reckon Bevo is holding him back whether it’s because he’s shielding him or he’s not up to it IDK so I’d like 12 months to decide, but would be on board if we went hard.

Lipinski is another I’d love in the soup! A bit like Redman he’s coming with a bullet because of his mix of traits.

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
If Grundy was insistent on leaving O'Brien has been doing very well of late, top 21 player in the league

Grundy and Scharenberg for O'Brien, Kelly and their 1st pick ontraded with Thomas (QLD boy) for Lukosius

View attachment 707567
I’m not interested in Kelly. Would prefer to replace him with Replace with a Millera or Fogarty- even if it means we need to add something small to tip the scale.

John Noble has already gone past him. And when we get the twin, there will be no need for Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back