List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair point......but Roughead has been our best defender this year IMO and I think it is wrong to change that.

Last week proved that for me.

Has been the most consistent KPD but much of that has been due to the lack of continuity to others. I think Moore has been better, just not available enough. At a minimum, he'd be behind Crisp and Maynard in the 2019 rankings I'd have thought and the best efforts of others like Moore, Langdon, and Howe are better.

Against a Melbourne team missing the Weid and TMc, I don't have an issue with them moving Roughy.

Even against Adelaide this week if they don't play Jenkins. Walker is the only really big KPF and he's only 195cm so not really a monster.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Moore trained with the forwards today, l would throw him in this week against Adelaide. The longer they leave him out, the less confidence he will have in his body, then the doubt grows.

I'd rather wait until he's ready. If that's this week, great, if not then happy to wait.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
You’d play him in his best position, down back, and then try to solve the KPF/ ruck dilemma I have. The one point I’d make though is of the 5 he’d be last on my list which would be:

HH>Finlayson>Hurley=Keath>Thomlinson

You could add B Cox or Corr into that mix. Between Cox, Moore and now supposedly Roughead (😏) we have options in that role, but it remains to be seen which is best, IMO. On another note your depth chart didn’t include Murphy who’ll be a KPD at the next level and I’d swing Kelly to the forward group.

HFF raised an interesting point re getting creative. It was wrong in relation to the midfield because that part of the ground will take care of itself when it’s time (I have a strong suspicion Kelly will end his career in the black and white), but spot on for KPD. Current category B senior players are Keath, Blicavs, Keeffe and Stein which is actually a remarkable hit rate given the nature of that pathway.

Perhaps it’s time we start looking at Olympic athletes who are damn good, but not world standard and potentially disillusioned with it as a career. Swimmers and multi discipline athletes with height. As KPD they need speed, mobility and good hands (no fumbling and strong overhead) the rest can be developed.

GWS Kelly ????? That’s the one I want or though his body at his age is concerning

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
11 disposals 3 marks........I am sure Madgen can manage close to that.

Roughead beating Walker is more important IMO.

Game will be won or lost in the guts so winning that battle is the best way to manage Tex.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, I was under the impression we were discussing legitimate KKP stocks.

Reid, Goldsack and Dunn have managed a combined 7 games this year due to injury, with an average age of 31.5 and averaging 10.5 games each over the past 2 seasons of football. Realistically, most would be surprised if they play another 20 games of football combined for their careers.

Madgen gets monstered when he plays on AFL level talls (as mentioned previously, has played 6 AFL games and the 2 times from memory he played on actual talls he had 6 goals and 9 marks on him on both occasions), so I'm hesitant to even consider him a tall. Same applies to Howe and Kelly. Both too small to be considered talls and neither play that role (Howe has at times out of need rather than desire). At 190cm if we consider them as talls we can chuck Langdon, Shaz and Crisps in as talls too right? Na.

So, as mentioned above, that leaves Moore and Roughead in defense, and Cox and Brodie up forward. 2 tall forwards and 2 tall defenders, which is frankly unacceptable.
Sorry, I was under the impression that you stated we had 4 KPP’s on our list. Which is completely false.

The fact that Dunn has done a knee, and Reid is constantly injured doesn’t make them non-existent. They are there, they are listed, and they have shown they have a role to play when fit. Dunn has been largely injury free until his recent knees.

Laughable you suggest Kelly isn’t a KPP as he is too ‘small’. He was drafted at 196cm, and has potential to grow further. He was LITERALLY drafted as a KPP prospect. BUT, be sure you don’t let that get in the way of your BS story.

Are Howe, Langdon and Schaz bonafide KPP’s? No. Never said they were. I simply stated Howe was “capable”. Which, when discussing your KPP, you’d be stupid to leave out, considering he has played genuine KPP multiple times. Undersized, but still capable of doing it. So he becomes a depth option, regardless whether out of ‘necessity’.

Langdon and Shaz I’d back in to play a similar role. Are they KPP’s, no. No one is saying that. Could they be capable in that role out of necessity? Sure.

So, no. That doesn’t just leave Moore, roughead, Cox and Grundy. That is categorically false.

And a side note - put some ******* respect on Mihoceks name. He is our best KPF. It is utterly disrespectful to leave him out.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, I was under the impression that you stated we had 4 KPP’s on our list. Which is completely false.

The fact that Dunn has done a knee, and Reid is constantly injured doesn’t make them non-existent. They are there, they are listed, and they have shown they have a role to play when fit. Dunn has been largely injury free until his recent knees.

Laughable you suggest Kelly isn’t a KPP as he is too ‘small’. He was drafted at 196cm, and has potential to grow further. He was LITERALLY drafted as a KPP prospect. BUT, be sure you don’t let that get in the way of your BS story.

Are Howe, Langdon and Schaz bonafide KPP’s? No. Never said they were. I simply stated Howe was “capable”. Which, when discussing your KPP, you’d be stupid to leave out, considering he has played genuine KPP multiple times. Undersized, but still capable of doing it. So he becomes a depth option, regardless whether out of ‘necessity’.

Langdon and Shaz I’d back in to play a similar role. Are they KPP’s, no. No one is saying that. Could they be capable in that role out of necessity? Sure.

So, no. That doesn’t just leave Moore, roughead, Cox and Grundy. That is categorically false.

And a side note - put some ******* respect on Mihoceks name. He is our best KPF. It is utterly disrespectful to leave him out.

Apart from Mihocek Murphy Tohill Wilson Lynch Kelly Reid Goldsack and Dunn, not to mention the slightly undersized but capable Langdon Howe Madgen Sharenberg and Hoskin-Elliott, we only have four kpps on our list.

2020 will give us more insight. With a fully fit Kelly and Murphy, and preseasons from Tohill and Wilson who are both coming from a long way back, we’ll have better visibility as to how bright the future is.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
GWS Kelly ????? That’s the one I want or though his body at his age is concerning

The one and only. Pendles is into his last big contract so I hope by 2021 when Kelly is next out of contract and a FA we’ve planned a serious crack at him. By then we’ll also have clear air on his susceptibility to injury.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Reid, Goldsack and Dunn have managed a combined 7 games this year due to injury, with an average age of 31.5 and averaging 10.5 games each over the past 2 seasons of football. Realistically, most would be surprised if they play another 20 games of football combined for their careers.

Madgen gets monstered when he plays on AFL level talls (as mentioned previously, has played 6 AFL games and the 2 times from memory he played on actual talls he had 6 goals and 9 marks on him on both occasions), so I'm hesitant to even consider him a tall. Same applies to Howe and Kelly. Both too small to be considered talls and neither play that role (Howe has at times out of need rather than desire). At 190cm if we consider them as talls we can chuck Langdon, Shaz and Crisps in as talls too right? Na.

So, as mentioned above, that leaves Moore and Roughead in defense, and Cox and Brodie up forward. 2 tall forwards and 2 tall defenders, which is frankly unacceptable.

Your story keeps changing - but you have set your own definition of talls with reference to Dunn, Goldsack and Reid - who would be acceptable but you have dismissed them based on injury history.

So by your 192cm cut-off (Dunn) definition of "tall" and according to footywire - https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-collingwood-magpies?year=2019&sby=7

we have 12 players 192cm or taller - that's more than enough work by Hine on recruiting such players.
add Tohill and Keane who are both over 192 but stats not included by Footwire, and Murphy who apparently has grown to over 192 since recruitment, and thats 15 players 192cm or taller.

So you are incorrect in your assertion re our lack of "talls".

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apart from Mihocek Murphy Tohill Wilson Lynch Kelly Reid Goldsack and Dunn, not to mention the slightly undersized but capable Langdon Howe Madgen Sharenberg and Hoskin-Elliott, we only have four kpps on our list.

2020 will give us more insight. With a fully fit Kelly and Murphy, and preseasons from Tohill and Wilson who are both coming from a long way back, we’ll have better visibility as to how bright the future is.
& this bloke
5FB7D5E2-7AE9-4AF2-BF20-65595D7773CD.png

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Kelly is a legit KPP. He's 194cm and looks every bit of it.

Apr 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
No thanks. But major LOLs at Carlton not offering another year to a bloke who is going to end up playing 20 games this season.

Getting ahead of themselves yet again. Fas will fill the hole left by Daisy.

Sometimes it's not about who's worst on the list. Sometimes it's about who's out of contract, is there a younger player available in that position who needs game time, who fits in in the club culture best, etc.

But yes Carltank are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back