List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another key forward and key defender minimum , wouldn’t mind a back up ruckman and a genuine crumbing forward. Varcoe doesn’t finish enough goals
We’ve got Scharenberg and Madgen not playing right now not sure we need to add too many players to the list of non best 22 key defenders.

We need another key forward and key defender minimum , wouldn’t mind a back up ruckman and a genuine crumbing forward. Varcoe doesn’t finish enough goals

No confidence Keane, Kelly, Wilson or Tohill have futures as KPP types, Lynch in the ruck, or A2B2 as a small forward?

No confidence Keane, Kelly, Wilson or Tohill have futures as KPP types, Lynch in the ruck, or A2B2 as a small forward?

Going bit early.

Kelly looked Promising but only played 1 and Half Games.

Wilson did some Promsing Things

I reckon there are a few players we'll be in to that will become apparent once our year is over. There wasn't really any word linking us to Beams or Roughead until after the Grand Final last year.

There's a few names been bandied out there who I think we'll be looking at, but probably we are not in a position yet to interview them or do medicals while our focus is on finals. But I'm sure our recruitment staff are doing plenty behind the scenes.

I think we'll shed 5 or 6 players this year. I reckon we take 3 draft picks, and 2 mature players. If we are losing players like Reid, Goldsack, Dunn and Wells, then that's a lot of experience out of the side...as well as Greenwood who probably misses a lot of next year.

I'm very keen to make a play at Josh Jenkins. His age is an issue, but I don't think will come at a high cost through a trade, and he has a much better goal average than Mason Cox. I would consider him an upgrade for Cox, and someone who can back-up ruck as well.

Tomlinson as a FA is enticing, but I dare say someone else will make a bigger offer. Wouldn't mind looking at another state league player as well for a key position.
In my view, I’d rather have Cox. How many times have we seen Jenkins kick the easy goals out back. He could be an elite runner, fair enough, but I really can’t reme we the last time I watched an Adelaide game where Jenkins continually congested in a pack and brought the ball down to the smalls.

We don’t exactly need his type given we have a forward line full of quick leading players. We only have Mihocek who constantly puts his body on the line and does a lot of the hard work. Cox is dangerous in the air and as long as the ball is kicked in the right direction, you can could on him at least contesting in a large pack and even taking a contested mark. Last year I think Cox wa sthe 2nd or 3rd leading contested mark in the game behind McGovern. He has not had his most productive season but I’d back him given the makeup of our forward line ahead of Jenkins.

Nick Riewoldt rates Frost as Melbourne’s best defender. Quick and tough to play on. At least he can lock down a Key forward.

Tend to believe NR rather than some of the so called experts on this forum. Frost isn’t terrible, yeah he makes the occasional error but he has all the right attributes to play the game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve got Scharenberg and Madgen not playing right now not sure we need to add too many players to the list of non best 22 key defenders.

Neither Shaz or Magden are suitable as KPP. Shaz is undersized and despite his leadership and effort down back; Magden's ability is VFL standard. Also Magden better suited to a Darling sized forward than a Cameron, Hawkins, Lynch sized forward therefore not a KPD

As much as I like Keane as a solid prospect and think Atu has shown really good development this year... the list of names there is highly speculative.

Kelly and Wilson seem likely types but not in 2020. Tohill is so far back that I doubt he is ever AFL quality and after a few years on the list Lynch is no certainty to further develop or get a game in the ruck over Cox should Grundy go down

A chance none of those names force their way into the seniors in 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly was pretty impressive in the under 18’s.
Only when he was switched to the back line. When forward was not great

Going bit early.

Kelly looked Promising but only played 1 and Half Games.

Wilson did some Promsing Things

I wasn't offering an opinion, I was asking a question.

Best way to some up Jenkins

Looks like Tarzan
Plays like Jayne

Yet since 2014 has kicked:

40 goals
46 goals
62 goals
45 goals
46 goals
22 goals (11 games)

Between Cox and Jenkins, i know who i would prefer at FF.

Shaun Burgoyne.

He would be an ideal replacement for Wells except without the injury concerns.

He’s the ideal Mr.FixIt

He would come cheap and be perfect to mentor our young players.

Yet since 2014 has kicked:

40 goals
46 goals
62 goals
45 goals
46 goals
22 goals (11 games)

Between Cox and Jenkins, i know who i would prefer at FF.

Cox.

Jenkins never gets the first defender. Jenkins kicks a sizeable % of his goals from the goal square.

Don’t let numbers get in the way of a good story.

Shaun Burgoyne.

He would be an ideal replacement for Wells except without the injury concerns.

He’s the ideal Mr.FixIt

He would come cheap and be perfect to mentor our young players.
He is about to turn 37. I don’t think that makes any sense. You want us to pick up the oldest player in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back