List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No , Yes , Maybe , No , No , Maybe

I’m full of hope we can win the flag this year but if we fall short as we did last year it will be due to those areas. Again
If you have no confidence in Keane making it then you need to watch more VFL.

Cox.

Jenkins never gets the first defender. Jenkins kicks a sizeable % of his goals from the goal square.

Don’t let numbers get in the way of a good s
That’s not a bad return unfortunately it doesn’t mention how many times he was dropped for not being hard enough. If you speak to any crows supporters they will tell you the same thing and he is an incredibly frustrating player
Fogarty is the guy from Adelaide we should be targeting but that’s a pipe dream

Lol Hurley gets selected ahead of Roughead every day of the week.
In terms of individual talent - Yes.
For our team Balance - No from me.

Darcy Moores positioning and general play as a KPD is incredibly offensive & daring. Due to that, I feel as though next to him you need a lock down defender for balance, so Moore can confidently do his thing (AKA Roughead).

Theres no doubting Hurley is more accomplished individually. But, don’t discredit the year Roughead has had, he is really not that far behind at all. It really comes down to what you prefer in a KPD - Lockdown v Rebound, and for Collingwood right now, i’ll take the 1st option.

Roughy has a few things over Hurley. Roughead is a premiership player, and a key cog in the leagues 2nd best defence. Hurley is neither of those things.

Ok so i feel like we haven't been linked to anyone this off season. which has me wondering perhaps we are into a big fish ? has there been any *Genuine reports about players linked with us ?

If you have no confidence in Keane making it then you need to watch more VFL.

Thanks. If we fall agonisingly short again this year you can be rest assured it will be due to these positions. I guess I can take comfort in knowing Keane will address this problem at some stage hopefully we are still in the frame for premierships

Ok so i feel like we haven't been linked to anyone this off season. which has me wondering perhaps we are into a big fish ? has there been any *Genuine reports about players linked with us ?

I honestly would be shocked if we chased and/or landed a big fish this off season. I expect small fries at best.

how much would that improve us though? Not much if at all, certainly not worth trading high picks for

Only way I see it potentially improving us would be if it means Moore can go back forward. Results in a spine of:
Roughead
Hurley
Grundy
Moore
Mihocek/DeGoey (depending on whether you prefer MID JDG or FWD JDG)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like it has something to do with the fact we are in the middle of a finals series.

how much would that improve us though? Not much if at all, certainly not worth trading high picks for

I doubt he'd bring the lock down defensive role Roughy brings, and I think Moore will ultimately be a better player so has to be persevered with to allow him to realise that potential. In terms of team balance, you definitely need that combo of a lock down KPD and the more creative type so it'd come down to a choice of Moore or Hurley for the creative role. Moore would get the nod from me. Hurley circa 2017 might be a different outcome but let's not forget Hurley is much closer to the end than the start of his career, he'll be 30 next year, and his body is starting to fail.

Last edited:
Why do people even care who we're linked too?. We could be potentially 2 games for a premiership who gives a crap who we're interested in if anybody! The only teams that should be worried about who there side is targeting is the sides already out of the finals.

I just read a rumor that Hurley wants out of Essendon, should we have a look? I would be OK for cheap cause I think the guys close to cooked would not part ways with a first but would have jumped at the idea a few years ago. Others will bave a different view.
Would have been an inspired recruit in 2016 when he was gettable, but I’ve seen a fair bit of 2019 Hurley and that man just can’t defend size anymore, and he’s beaten by pace very often as well. If Essendon trade him, some sucker club will cough up a first rounder and regret it for years.

If I were Dodoro, I’d be moving Hurley on and bringing in an underpriced Scharenberg. Good thing I’m just a Collingwood supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back