List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
198cm is in between? I appreciate he’s skinny, but he’s got good height for a forward/ruck.
I'd like both the Irish boys to be retained, Keane in particular is impressive and I think they will persist with Tohil for at least one more year, he has shown glimpses of real talent just needs another year in the system

Tohill has grown three inches in the past 10 months? :astonished:
I don’t know where you’re getting your info from, but Tohill was 198cm when he was recruited...

If he’s listed at 191 somewhere it’s wrong. You can tell he’s far taller than that with just an eyeball test.

I don’t know where you’re getting your info from, but Tohill was 198cm when he was recruited...

If he’s listed at 191 somewhere it’s wrong. You can tell he’s far taller than that with just an eyeball test.

Try our website:

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/pies-teams/afl/rookies :(

My assessment of him has completely changed - I thought there was no way a bloke at 6'6" could move the way he does as it's more like a 6'3-type player.

Doubt it will make a lick of difference in the long run.

These Irish lads are always speculative but if an extra year can make a difference then I'm all for it. A player like Mark O'Connor has had 3-4 seasons on Geelong's list and it is only this year he is impacting at senior level, Jim Stynes was into his 3rd year before his senior debut. It's why they get 3 years outside the salary cap on a Cat B rookie listing.

I thought he was too but according to the NAB League app he’s born 25/03/03.
That’s a good thing I guess. More development time if he’s as far back as you said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard the grab of this On the Couch on Fox Footy. They were trying to say he was "less than convincing" but I'm not so sure.

Often when players say they want to wait until the end of the year, it doesn't sound great. But for a player like Elliott, I'd be surprised if he did it any other way to be honest. His value was only going to go up if anything.

Have you been hypnotised by Gubby or something?

On a serious note that be overpaying a fair bit for Fogarty - a trend I'd like our recruiting staff to break at some point.
You think so? I’d do it in a heart beat. However, I very much doubt the Crows would be interested. Scharenberg and Aish are replaceable. Fogarty is young and can play.

This on target thing means nothing----facts are he has never kicked more than 25 and he played 24 games last season.

If the best we can do is a guy with as many limitations as Cox as our #1 tall- then the club has serious problems.
Wasn’t he also number 2 or 3 in the league for contested marks? His role is to compete in the air and bring the ball to ground.

In 2018 we had DeGoey, Stephenson, Thomas, Hoskin-Elliott all kick around 40 goals. I’d think Cox did his job allowing 4 out of 6 forwards to kick so many. Mihocek would have also kicked 40 goals if he played the season.

I think you underestimate Cox’s value tot he team.

How many times late in the game did he take a contested market around the wing when the ball was being thumped out of defence? That’s what we will be missing this finals series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back