List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ideal midfield structure 2020:

De Goey and Adams along with Pendlebury in the centre for their clearance work.

I wonder if Sier can be the inside bull we need but personally I'm not sold yet due to his poor work ethic.

Treloar on one wing, to utilise his outside speed instead of him being used as an inside mid when we have injuries.

The other wing I don't mind. I'd like to see Beams on there because he is still an elite mid of the competition, and his penetrating foot skills is what we need delivering inside 50.

Sidebottom can rotate with Beams across half forward - wing. Crisp can play some wing time too.

In reality, De Goey can't play 100% midfield time. When he pushed forward Id love to see Maynard into the guts occasionally.

If De Goey, Beams and Maynard all play midfield time next year I can see Phillips bring pushed out. I rate him and his running is incredible but he doesn't use the ball overly effectively.

I admire how hard he pushes back into defense. He's easily a top 22 ish player for us but our wing position is a hard one to crack when fully fit. I would love to see how he does off half back if he can't cement a wing spot because he maybe knows a thing or two with his defensive running and the link-up chains he's always involved in
I like all of it apart from the Maynard to the Midfield suggestion. With Greenwood out, and Aish now gone, i wouldn’t be comfortable in our defence without 3 best 22 small/mediums with experience who know our gameplan well. Maynards value down there rose a heap in the past few months.

Its a wait and see for me. You’d have to wait until we are into the season and see who, if anyone, has stepped up in that role.

Personally, I see Maynard as someone who can become our version of Luke Hodge. Im happy to see him spend his career off a back flank, he is so good down there.

I personally think Moore is better as a defender. He is actually dominant in that role...able to intercept everything, then provide bounce from defence.

But Jeremy Howe is a very similar mould...just shorter...and Langdon is also an intercept marker. I think Scharenberg at his best is an intercept marker as well...and Nathan Murphy may also slot straight into this role as well. Plus we still have the big body of Roughead for the monsters.

So I think it's just pure necessity that Moore should go forward. Or at worst, be used in spurts in this role when Grundy is off and Cox is in the ruck. Just throw a different mix at the opposition.

I wouldn't write off Murphy as a forward - if he comes along the way I hope he might be another option that allows us to leave Moore back.

I wouldn't write off Murphy as a forward - if he comes along the way I hope he might be another option that allows us to leave Moore back.
Hine did say that there was a chance of playing forward at some stage.
Be interesting in how he goes if they trial him there at some stage

Not sure what the go with someone who is currently delisted, are we able to sign them now?

only ask as I notice Kaiden Brand (198cm, 25yo KPD) and Wylie Buzza (198cm, 23yo KPF) have been delisted by hawthorn and Geelong.Would either of them be worth a look as DFA

Last edited:
We were forced to dump Aish to remain under the cap so him and Cameron couldn’t of coexisted

Reid is going to be getting paid more than a rookie list player so is Cameron. We have no need for another ruckman as Lynch Cox or Roughie could fill the role if Grundy is injured

As I have said I am not too fussed about Aish going but the fact we are in a position where players are forced out due to cap pressure is concerning when you consider clubs like the Eagles are able to go out and get big name players. It shows that there must be blokes at the club on too much.

The club has very good name players already. It’s a matter of retaining them and so far so good.

Those on too much are being managed out and this time next year hopefully we are in a better position to target a quality player who can help us take the next step.

In the meantime despite all our alleged list management failures we’ve come close to winning s flag and just missed out on making a second Gf.

The core is fine. As for Reid, yes with Cameron joining he might or might not be surplus to requirements in 2020. But when we really need the cap relief at the end of 2020 we can make the call.

Personally I’d delist Varcoe ahead of Reid due to our lack of tall options.

Last edited:
Murphy lead ok as a forward during the 2018 VFL season and I suspect he'd do even better now with a bit more size. Kicked on goal like a defender though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what the go with someone who is currently delisted, are we able to sign them now?

only ask as I notice Kaifeng Brand (198cm, 25yo KPD) and Wylie Buzza (198cm, 23yo KPF) have been delisted by hawthorn and Geelong.Would either of them be worth a look as DFA

Think have to wait til the delisted free agency period opens. Nov 1?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No to Buzza, been on their list for 4 years. Played 9 games, averaged 0.7 goals per game, best known for dropping easy marks, with all his other stats decidedly average. Even Ben Reid who I'm not a massive fan of, who didn't have a great season this year, averaged 1.4 goals per game along with better stats across the board season in 2019 vs Buzza's Career.

Just a list clogger.

No to Buzza, been on their list for 4 years. Played 9 games, averaged 0.7 goals per game, best known for dropping easy marks, with all his other stats decidedly average. Even Ben Reid who I'm not a massive fan of, who didn't have a great season this year, averaged 1.4 goals per game along with better stats across the board season in 2019 vs Buzza's Career.

Just a list clogger.
Random young key forwards dumped by other clubs are a favourite of this board though

Just a list clogger.
Muzza I suspect is very capable at VFL level but the higher level he is found wanting.

Stop making stuff up mate.......

It’s an absolute figment of his imagination. Cameron will be on a low wage, not much higher than base. Easily funded by delisting another player.on a low wage, which we are
going to do anyway.

Moving Aish on was a totally different decision.

Saying we offloaded Aish to make room for a NEAFL ruckman who might be slightly better than our VFL ruckman is laughable. It’s a bald faced lie.

Last edited:
Only thing I could find was in the opening round he hurt his knee in a collision within minutes of play that weekened it was reported as a suspected ACL but then he was back playing by round 8. No way he did his ACL.

I think that's round 8 the following year

AFL media's article about which players are in limbo says Lynch will be promoted to the senior list.

This is weird but makes a kind of sense.

If we see Cameron as cover for Cox not a replacement for Lynch.

Trouble is at the moment Cameron reminds me more of Gault.

It’s an absolute figment of his imagination. Cameron will be on a low wage, not much higher than base. Easily funded by delisting another player.on a low wage, which we are
going to do anyway.

Moving Aish on was a totally different decision.

Saying we offloaded Aish to make room for a NEAFL ruckman who might be slightly better than our VFL ruckman is laughable. It’s a bald faced lie.
But, but, but ... its an online forum I’ll say whatever i want

1571301689120.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back